Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 30-01-2011, 05:10 AM
Sundialed

and to each his own, the subject of love, just like the subject of life, is self interpreted, as we all go along our own yet intertwining paths. so the definition of living up to it would also be self-interpreted.

i'll end this one off with,

respect.

lol :P
Old 30-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by im.actually.you
and to each his own, the subject of love, just like the subject of life, is self interpreted, as we all go along our own yet intertwining paths. so the definition of living up to it would also be self-interpreted.

i'll end this one off with,

respect.

lol :P

You might wish that everything could be thrown on the opinion heap, but love works the same through everyone and by seeing how love runs in you you see how love runs in all people, then one has no opinion in this regard and realize everyone knows what love is because they feel love.

The ruse in spiritual discussion is to assert that there is different kinds of love unconditional and conditional, but even these love gurus recognize both catagories as love... because there isn't two kinds of love... there are a million kinds.

It is only a matter of seeing love in you and noticing it's ways, and I'm sure people work pretty much the same way, so it isn't opinion based, you know how love works in me and I know how it works in you.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Master
This is a beautiful post Gem. I wish we could dig up the Love Flows thread from last round...or whatever it was you termed it.

I wonder if I can recall my little axioms on this comparing love to a river, as you have done many times. If I can, I'll post them here. I really, really like the analogy and it speaks to me on a deep and timeless level...

It's the way you feel when you remember something you've always known but didn't realise. It is so real and true for me.

Cheers
7L
Old 03-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
This is a beautiful post Gem. I wish we could dig up the Love Flows thread from last round...or whatever it was you termed it.

I wonder if I can recall my little axioms on this comparing love to a river, as you have done many times. If I can, I'll post them here. I really, really like the analogy and it speaks to me on a deep and timeless level...

It's the way you feel when you remember something you've always known but didn't realise. It is so real and true for me.

Cheers
7L

Love and you shall be loved ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 03-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4d0zPHIbc0&NR=1
Old 03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Master
Ok...I dug this up from an old email I sent to someone I love v much...and he knows who he is...LOL...

Quote:

[x]'s simple philosophy of love...

...love heals all (better than time)...
...love flows best as a steady stream, deep and clear -- not intermittent or obstructed or clouded...
...all we need is love, like the song says...well, that'll do for me...

and I do love you.

it's all about removing the obstructions isn't it?...letting the flow run free...

Cheers
7L
Old 04-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Ok...I dug this up from an old email I sent to someone I love v much...and he knows who he is...LOL...it's all about removing the obstructions isn't it?...letting the flow run free...Cheers
7L
Many people will say that there are obstacles which prevent a real wholesome love, but the niggly pigglies in the phsyche do not prevent anything.... a real full fledged connection is here for absolutely anyone right now, Everything is perfectly acceptable in consciousness... or God loves anyway.

I do not wish people to believe this or that thing needs to be done... it doesn't.

To clear our emotional blocks is the most important thing we can do... and we don't do that to attain love, we do it because we already love.

I have this really cool poem.

You Are Me

You are me and I am you.
It is obvious that we are inter-are.
You cultivate the flower in
yourself so that I will be beautiful.
I transform the garbage in myself so
that you do not have to suffer.
I support you you support me.
I am here to bring you peace
you are here to bring me joy.

- Thich Naht Hahn