Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 04-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Jezebel

Significance Of Isis

I'm posting this in this section as I'm focussing on the goddesses. I strongly believe I had a past life in egypt. My deity is Sehkmet but recently I've had Isis pop up alot and I'm a bit lost as to the significance. The first time was a few weeks ago I was in the deepest sleep ever (nothing could wake me even my dog whining) and I was dreaming that I was out with a girl called Isis.

Then last week I woke up in the middle of the night and for a split second I saw an egyptian mummy and an egyptian goddess beside my bed touching my leg. I did a quick google search of egyptian goddesses and Isis matched what I saw.

Then two days later my aunt says she has a necklace for me and yes it's a necklace of Isis.

I can't seem to find any significance to this but I know that Isis has come into my life for a reason. I'm fairly new to paganism so still figuring alot out.

Any insight?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Neville

In Britain, just after the Romans packed up their troubles in their old kit bags.. There was this shadowy time of Romano British People who while fretting about Saxon incursions carried on some of the Mediterranean belief systems.. The Fella's went for Mithras as a Masculine belief system , and the Ladies went for Isis as a cult.

Britain was Pagan during this time as far as I can gather, though the tentacles of Christianity were beginning to spread out , all be it tentatively across the land.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Animus27

It's about the time for Isis' birthday.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Niebla0007

Hello! Jezebel,
My patron deity is supposed to be also Sehkmet,
but like you I don't seem to really have that much connection to her either
and find it more on Isis instead.
However, I do not worship Isis
and I think that the old Egyptian Worship will never be the same no matter the revival and fascination of the ages.
That era is over.

Egypt is turned into an islam country, and The lost gods of the Egyptians - is long gone, that simple. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elt_azEVNyo

For Reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_temple
Old 05-08-2013, 03:31 AM
Master

Seems to me Jezebel that you're being called/claimed by Isis.

Jenny Crow
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
sesheta

I have always felt a strong connection to ancient Egypt, as well...Even as a child, I remember spending lots of time simply staring at pictures of it in my parents' encyclopedias....(may also explain why I love cats...)
Thus also my username here on SF:

Seshat (Sashet, Sesheta, Sesat), meaning 'female scribe', was seen as the goddess of writing, historical records, accounting and mathematics, measurement and architecture to the ancient Egyptians.
As an ancient goddess of the Old Kingdom, she was called 'The Original One, Who Originated Writing at the Beginning'. She was thought to be linked with the goddess Nephthys who was given the title 'Seshat, Foremost of Builders' in the Pyramid texts. In the Ptolemaic Period Seshat was called 'She who reckons the life-period, Lady of Years, Lady of Fate'

Original article: http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kun...#ixzz2b7T9tCIj
© Caroline Seawright
Old 06-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Master
Boil it down to basics. Two principles in the universe, two opposed forces. Call them yin and yang or masculine and feminine or Earth deities [feminine] and Sky deities [masculine] - all the same. Must admit, I am not a fan of the pik-n-mix philosophies in choice of deities.
In general, the Old Faith [which wicca grew from] is an Earth-based faith, so a feminine deity is appropriate.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Animus27

If anyone wants to read a bit about Isis, here's a nice place to start:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=39104

Yes, shamelessly self-promoting link
Old 11-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Jezebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Seems to me Jezebel that you're being called/claimed by Isis.

Jenny Crow

What does that mean? I'm new to all of this :(
Old 17-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Master

Sorry, I've been on holiday for a week, and didn't have a computer. In some traditions a person can be claimed or called by a specific deity. In other words the deity is letting you know that they want you to work with them and be theirs. This can be through dreams, synchronicities etc. for example your aunt having a necklace for you and it turned out to be Isis.

Jenny Crow