Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Melia

Can a faerie fall in love with a human?

Do they have feelings like that towards humans or even other faeries? If it's possible they could love a human, what would happen.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Ecthalion

No. You may as well ask "can an apple fall in love with a human?"
Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Tea Break

Angel1

From what I've gleaned on the subject - and I'd be happy to learn more from anyone more knowledgeable - fairies have difficulty understanding human love, so they can't actually "fall in love" with us.

On the other hand, a human being can fall in love with a fairy, and there are many legends of human beings disappearing into the land of the fairy people.

I think fairies are more dispassionate than us, which given their work of fixing the mess humans have made of our world, is a good thing - otherwise they'd be taking the destruction of their good work for the Nature world very personally.

If anyone can add a bit to the topic, I'm sure we'd be fascinated to know more.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Mayflow

Faeries are built from love. It is their job to teach this to humans - but the love of a Faerie is non-possessive - that is the secret of the magic.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melia
Do they have feelings like that towards humans or even other faeries? If it's possible they could love a human, what would happen.

That depends on what you mean by "fairy".

The Leanan Sidhe is one example of a fairy that can form an attachment to a human, and give them inspiration. Some stories say that comes that a cost, though.

There are folktales of Selkie women who are coerced into marriage by having their seal skins stolen, and they often leave half-Selkie, half-human children behind in this world when they recover their own way back home.

If you're talking about spirits of nature, then, yes, it might be a little strange for a flower spirit to want to cross-pollinate across species. One might encounter similar incompatibility with an undine or dryan/wodwose. But, you know, relationships... you work it out, or you don't. You know.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albalida
That depends on what you mean by "fairy".

The Leanan Sidhe is one example of a fairy that can form an attachment to a human, and give them inspiration. Some stories say that comes that a cost, though.

There are folktales of Selkie women who are coerced into marriage by having their seal skins stolen, and they often leave half-Selkie, half-human children behind in this world when they recover their own way back home.

If you're talking about spirits of nature, then, yes, it might be a little strange for a flower spirit to want to cross-pollinate across species. One might encounter similar incompatibility with an undine or dryan/wodwose. But, you know, relationships... you work it out, or you don't. You know.

She said Faerie, not Fairy.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
She said Faerie, not Fairy.

So she did. I misspelled dryad. Does the "ae" spelling as opposed to "ai" do that much more than make the word look cool?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:44 PM
TheGuideOfwisdomAndPeace

It's all glossary, they are all merely titles.. It doesn't matter how the person spells it... Because you still know what they are talking about when they say it...lol it still sounds the same too.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuideOfwisdomAndPeace
It's all glossary, they are all merely titles.. It doesn't matter how the person spells it... Because you still know what they are talking about when they say it...lol it still sounds the same too.

Well, I don't think it is true that you can know what another means about any word including Faery or Fairy. (or God or whatever). If we try to explain what we mean, we can certainly come closer to mutual understandings, though.

To me, I think of Faery is being a being from faerie-land and much of an historically older word from more ancient times. Also, I think of these as being both sometimes sweet but sometimes very mischievous.

I think of Fairy more of a bit more modern of a word, and associated more with sweet little creatures that are here only to help people through the sweet side.

Similarities, I see both having magical to us and enchanting to us properties and abilities.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
To me, I think of Faery is being a being from faerie-land and much of an historically older word from more ancient times. Also, I think of these as being both sometimes sweet but sometimes very mischievous.

I think of Fairy more of a bit more modern of a word, and associated more with sweet little creatures that are here only to help people through the sweet side.

Similarities, I see both having magical to us and enchanting to us properties and abilities.

I did mean faery, then, like the Sidhe and Tuatha.

Victorian-era spirits of sugar plums and blossoms would be... fairy, right?

I personally prefer "fey" or "fae" (no difference but spelling) for the beings.