Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 08-01-2013, 12:52 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The world is incredibly diverse. People are different wherever you go on this planet. We don't need diverse religions to emphasise that. Something like a religious 'united nations' is what I envisage. Whereby all religion is under the canopy of One God/One People.

One cannot paint a rainbow with just one color. So if the world is diverse then so becomes the individual painting (more or less). And if they are all god so will the image of god also be diverse. I think we should focus on embracing infinity instead of one.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 AM
Master
If we all realized that we are God, there would be no need for religion, the thing is there is only One God, so by saying "we", is actually not true, there is only One, no we.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:51 AM
Master
IF

The goal is to get over yourself.

And if we were God, and this were the real world, there would be no departure from it.
Religion involves all of the above.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Master
I think its not just getting over yourself, but just simply being your SELF.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Then surely that is the greatest gesture of Interfaith. If everyone is accepted as God and accepts themselves as God then we would have a one world religion, and a one world spirituality.

It will never happen--well maybe in a million years...Wars over religion have been fought since time immemorial.......and don't most religions believe in one God NOW......?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Absonite

The pantheistic perspective really does not motivate me to live with love, joy, or peace - in the same way that proclaiming everything is energy also fails to inspire me.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think its not just getting over yourself, but just simply being your SELF.

psycho, when you say,"self", it is in need of elaboration.

The egoic and organic, in space/time?
Or..?

These people highlighted here are being, them-"selves"...no?
www.dreamindemon.com

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
subtleobserver

I don't think we are all God. For me God is so Perfect, that it is impossible for Him to take on form like us and make the kinds of mistakes that we make. I feel that we are all part of God's Creation. Creation radiates from God as a natural thing. Creation is the radiation of God. Within this radiation, certain elements crystalize and form spirit-seeds. We evolve from out of these spirit-seeds. The seeds have the potential to become perfect, but do not necessarily become perfect. In their perfection though, they will still stay within the radiation of God, which is Creation, but they cannot enter into God directly, since they bear nothing of God's Essence. This is not the same as saying we are all God, because I don't feel we are. It's like saying Hitler is God.

How about we say that we are all spirits that have condensed from out of the radiation of God in Creation and we have to attain to perfection together? Or just simply, we are all spirits in Creation who have to attain perfection with the help of one another?

Wishing Light and Love!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:10 PM
subtleobserver

I don't think we are God

I don't think we are all God. For me God is so Perfect, that it is impossible for Him to take on form like us and make the kinds of mistakes that we make. I feel that we are all part of God's Creation. Creation radiates from God as a natural thing. Creation is the radiation of God. Within this radiation, certain elements crystalize and form spirit-seeds. We evolve from out of these spirit-seeds. The seeds have the potential to become perfect, but do not necessarily become perfect. In their perfection though, they will still stay within the radiation of God, which is Creation, but they cannot enter into God directly, since they bear nothing of God's Essence. This is not the same as saying we are all God, because I don't feel we are. It's like saying Hitler is God.

How about we say that we are all spirits that have condensed from out of the radiation of God in Creation and we have to attain to perfection together? Or just simply, we are all spirits in Creation who have to attain perfection with the help of one another?

Wishing Light and Love!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
psycho, when you say,"self", it is in need of elaboration.

The egoic and organic, in space/time?
Or..?

These people highlighted here are being, them-"selves"...no?
www.dreamindemon.com
Hi Morpheus, I mean your true Inner Being, the true SELF, if we let this SELF do what it does, then we cannot go wrong.