Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-05-2012, 08:54 AM
RichMartini

Actually, the research shows there is time - it's just not how we understand it here on Earth. For example there are older souls and younger souls in the spirit world - you can meet them, speak with them, learn from them - your spirit guide is generally an older soul that you're own - so that is linear time. New souls are being created all the time. It's just part of the process.

However, time is a matter of perspective. The fruit fly lives for a day - 24 hours for the entire process. So to a fruit fly our lives on Earth are eternal - or so they seem. But the research into the afterlife shows that there is time, everything doesn't exist simultaneously - and all the universes don't exist simultaneously either - however there are likely outcomes, so in essence you can examine what it would be like if you chose this or that path, and lived this or that life, or lived in this or that other universe.

But the past - when you truly examine it - will reveal while you chose this lifetime. If you fully examine a previous lifetime and why you chose that lifetime, and why it came up in your regression or life between life session - then the next question is "why did I choose that life, and why did I choose this life, and what do the two have in common?" But examining that past life - it's like examining a scar on your arm - how did i get that? Should I stay away from that kind of dog in the future? we get a chance to learn from our mistakes.

Interestingly the research shows that we carry our past lives with us, not as part of our cellular memory, or our brain's memory, but some kind of engram, or fractal that travels with us during each lifetime and carries all the "emotional energy" of the previous lifetimes... and these memories work as a "ball bearing" to help us through this lifetime. (the quotes are from my own life between life sessions <snip>) - so we literally carry all our lifetimes with us through this life, and access them in times of need. Consciousness is actually part of all of our past lives, helping us to function on a day to day basis. And on that note, g'night.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 30-05-2012, 09:08 AM
RichMartini

hi spiritualized..oh wow! Thanks. I post often at the Michael Newton page on facebook, I found this forum by accident, and I hope I don't sound too didactic. But I do feel I can skip down and not have to explain each reference here. Suffice to say it's all about love, and passing it forward.

That being said - we don't know each other, but I'm going to say have a little more faith in your higher energy - in your oversoul as some call it. There's no mistake that you're working with a therapist, so if you trust their work, then don't fear having any kind of therapy session with hypnosis. What needs to be examined will be examined. I highly recommend working with a Michael Newton trained therapist - mainly because they've had the benefit of seeing people walk into the life between lives - the past life regression is just a gateway into seeing their eternal selves.

There's a list of qualified ones on their website, Newton Institute org, I'm in LA, and I can highly recommend Scott de Tamble for this work - he's a virtuoso - lightbetweenlives com - but I can recommend someone wherever you are. I don't know how to email privately, but I'm pretty easy to find. <snip>

But I just wanted to take a moment to say it sounds like you're on the right path my friend, and there's no coincidence here.. <snip>. There's a reason for your hunger for this topic, and let go of whatever fears you have regarding it.. "just let go" was the last thing I was told in my first session when asked "what message could I impart to the world from this research?" Your higher self is fully functional, will have no problem directing and guiding you on the right path of examination - even if you've had problems with this persona, physical, mental, otherwise - once you're you're in the hands of a good hypnotherapist, all of that will fade away and you'll be able to see yourself from a clearer angle, and clear up any doubts you may have had. But again - and I don't mean to sound negative - or judgmental towards any other modality or practitioner - but in my research, and my experience, I can say that traditional psychiatry, psychotherapy, traditional past life regression and regressionists are just playing around on the surface of the iceberg. They don't have the experience or background to take you into these wonderful depths - and it's not just that Michael Newton spent 30 years with 7000 patients getting the same results - it's the hundreds of people he's trained, and as I mention, I've been filming all kinds of folks having the same results. I know that sentence is a bit startling - but I'd be happy to sit with any psychiatrist, or expert in the medical field and share what I've learned.

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 30-05-2012, 09:36 AM
spiritualized

Thanks for your reply Rich.

I live in Dorset (South Coast of the UK). The closest 'Newton Therapist' to me would be London I expect.

There does seem to be very very little in the literature (perhaps for obvious reasons) of those that have suffered with severe mental health conditions. & I do have some concern about triggering stuff. I think it's something that I'd need to work through with an individual therapist.

Thanks again for your reply.
Old 30-05-2012, 10:00 PM
dhaga

Remembering my past lives gives me more insight into who I am. My experiences across all my lives have shaped the being I am today, and I'd like to know as much about that as possible. It also gives insight into the strong connections I feel when I meet certain people. Others in this thread have talked about making those same connections with others. It really is an incredible feeling and experience!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 AM
RichMartini

That's great S, J and D. S, I think it's important to help yourself to examine why you chose this particular body with its quirks and complications, and perhaps during the session (there's a couple of therapists who are Michael Newton trained in the book "Memories of the Aftelife" that are in London - you might examine their work) have your hypnotherapist ask "Is there anything we can do during this session to help his brain work better, be calmer, or adjust itself in any way?" I mean it really works - whether it's absolutely verifiable or not - I've seen it where a person with a lifelong ailment (a phobia, or in one case a kidney problem) be cured during their session. Not that you need to be cured - but it won't hurt to ask. But when you look up the therapist, try to see if there's anyone you can speak to who has been to see them and can give a recommend. But I do recommend using someone trained in the Michael Newton method (No offense intended to those not trained in his method, I highly recommend looking into it, it's just the next level of depth that would be highly beneficial to your clients, and his book "life between lives" is a clinical how-to in terms of what the Newton Institute can offer - and they do give training sessions world wide). But I recommend them because I've seen them in action and know they've had experience in this between worlds where folks can see why they chose their lifetime - so I hope J you're able to find someone near you - if not, that's ok too, a life between life session is usually the next step after a past life regression for most Newton trained therapists as it is. And D, I've done two LBL sessions, and in the second one I did a more extensive review of a number of lifetimes, and since that door was opened, I've been able to examine a number of thoughts and memories from them. Kind of like seeing multiple films at the same time!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Ascender
<snip>
I would like to know why I've choose this life with OCD,my guides has told me it's something to do with my will,to show me that my will is stronger than anything, ''If you can get out of this alone,everything you'll attend will be possible'' or something like that. Alone because with psycotherapist it's really don't work well with me,making more progress alone.

Edited by SF Staff

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
RichMartini

<snip> I highly recommend reading Michael Newton's four books - "Journey of Souls," "Destiny of Souls", "Life Between Lives" (more of a teaching book for PL therapists) and "Memories of the Afterlife" written by a number of his trainees with their clients adding details to their sessions and how it changed their lives. I started by making a documentary about reincarnation, found the work of Michael Newton, and decided to focus solely on his research. I interviewed him, his wife, then many of his trainees, and began filming past life and life between life sessions <snip>.

I can tell you that based on the dozens of filmed sessions I've witnessed, as well as the research of the thousands of other cases, people by and large learn "they're exactly on the path that they've chosen," and are "doing a good job of it" and are told to "keep up the good work." It's a fascinating journey, but when you take it you realize that you've chosen your life, chosen your parents, chosen your path - even the stones in your path - and have met up with or will meet up with past life soul mates along the way, and more are to come. It's a vast, inexplicable theatrical presentation going on that we all participate in, and the closer we get to accepting ourselves as part of everyone else, the more compassion that we give to others, the more we realize why we're on the planet. At least that's what I've observed.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Like many metaphysical concepts, the idea of past lives cannot - in an empirical sense- be proven. Regardless, the concept believed in by some cultures and individuals worldwide. My intention with this thread is not so much to question the idea of past lives, but to ask the following: if you believe in past lives, how does that belief shape your current life? Why believe in past lives? What do you gain by believing in it? How does the concept enrich and serve you in a positive manner? Do you find this belief can create problems as well as benefits?

In short: what's the big deal?

To be fully transparent, I myself do not put much stock in the idea of past lives, but am curious what benefits others get out of believing in it. To me, it is often the consequences of a belief that are more important than it's supposed truth and I am interested in how believing in past lives enriches (or doesn't, as the case might be) people.

I think the human brain is programmed to solve problems even if they dont exist. It has a thirst for understanding and when it cant reach the truth it will design its own. This can be wonderful and comforting although it can also be dark and dangerous.

I suppose depending on what you are looking for out of this life some will see past lives as not such a big deal. Some stumble over an understanding of them from their own experiences, which may be just attributed to the brain doing its job or could be the truth. I dont think it is really that important to have a belief in a past life. Maybe the concept came about as a way to make the system that religion invented about heaven more realistic and more easily acceptable to us. Filling in parts of the jigsaw puzzle as to speak. Maybe religion invented heaven to ease peoples suffering when they lost a loved one, maybe heaven is real....i dont know and dont expect to know until i pass over and experience what ever happens myself.

For now i am happy to take full responsibility for my life and what i have learnt and if id do come back as another personality i would expect that that next incarnation of me wont try make claim to the wisdom that i have accumulated in my lifetime and accumulate wisdom for its self.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM
RichMartini

Interesting concept Summerlander. On one hand you point out that its not important that we remember a past life.. which is probably true, since we've been on the planet for a long time and the detailed memories of past lives have been relegated to those who get burned at the stake, or a religious movement follows them. So let's start with it's not important for you. Which is good!

On the other hand - people suffer from all kinds of residue from past lives - <snip> I'm not talking about karma per se, but there are numerous cases where people develop phobias, psychosomatic illnesses, life and health issues that when they are able to examine them from the perspective of their past lives, they can cure themselves of it. And as all the therapists I interviewed agreed, it didn't matter if the past lives were true or not, being able to help heal a person was more important to them.

But I've been examining another realm altogether - the life between lives realm. Where we can examine all of our lifetimes from a place where we feel fully conscious about all of our decisions - who we are and why we're on the planet. We get to examine (according to the testimony) why we chose a particular past life, and why we chose this one, and what the two have in common. It's not merely that you remember dying as a soldier in a particular war - you get to examine why you chose to live in a lifetime where you learned those life lessons. And those lessons resonate with this lifetime as well - as in "I see - the reason I'm so afraid of getting up on stage is because I was attacked for doing so - and by observing that incident, I can let go of the fear involved."

It happens in just about every sessions that I've filmed. So there is a tangible, health related reason for examining our past lives - and more importantly the life between lives, where we all come from, and where we all return to (according to these thousands of reports). And for examining why people say that we are all equal back there, we all come from the same source, there is no judgment about our actions, just a common thread of love for everyone and all things. (Again, not my words, what people report).

As to taking responsibility for your life and what you have learned - it's not a contest - you don't get extra credit for taking the hard road - if I could walk you through a series of stones in your path to show you that they were put there by yourself, I think it would be of value to you. So in your next lifetime, being able to access the wisdom from this lifetime can only benefit you - it can't harm you.

It's like saying "Yes, I'm sure there's some really great information in that library where the accumulation of the knowledge of mankind resides, but I'd prefer to be outside of it and live and experience things for myself rather than going in there." Dude. There's a library right over there. Go in. Open a book. It won't hurt. (Just being funny, no ill will meant).

I know you're a person on a quest, else you wouldn't be posting here. You have nothing to fear from your past life memory - you chose it, accessing it is not going to harm you in any way. Rather, it's like being able to look at home movies of your lifetime to see how you've progressed. And eventually you may get to the life between life place where you can examine all your lifetimes. Like being in an amazing library. I've tried it. It's fun.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Bigg Nastee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue air
well .. you can understand your soul more
My soul must like keeping secrets from me then, eh?