Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Talking Major Fear Related to Past Life/Lives

Hi all!

I have always had a huge fear of experiencing anaphylaxis, specifically the suffocation aspect. I've never had a severe allergic reaction, not in this lifetime at least. The most I've personally experienced is seasonal allergies, which relates to a minor and manageable allergic reaction to fruits and vegetables. I am also more severely allergic to peanuts and tree nuts.

I recently adjusted my diet to eating healthier, trying to cut gluten out of my diet because I read it was beneficial for empaths. This was followed by my parents surprising me with news of an upcoming allergy appointment.

First time I had an allergy test done, which was years ago, I fainted. Second time was last year and I essentially had a panic attack the entire time.
One would think I'd be able to handle another, seeing as I have experienced it without any real problem. But this new appointment triggered the thought that new allergies could form and I would have to fear and avoid even more. As an empath, I already struggle with being in my body and trusting it. The fear of anaphylaxis is definitely connected to this. The appointment was canceled a dew days later (not by my request) and that's when I knew this was a lesson, and one that I was ready to learn.

For weeks now I have had moments when I've spent between one second to an hour worrying "what if this is when it happens?"

A couple days in to my obsessing, I was talking to myself trying to gain some understanding because I could sense that deep down I know I'm safe, but I just could not stop worrying. Suddenly the thought "I don't want to die like that again" popped in my head and was gone so fast that I almost missed it.

So I know this is related to a past life, and I've been getting better about eating without worrying, but once in a while the fear comes back. I'm at the point where I think help from others is a great option. If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice on how to top dwelling on this I would be extremely grateful. I see great significance in past lives, and would love to understand how they integrate into our current physical existence.

Thanks for reading!
Old 11-10-2017, 11:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM19

I recently adjusted my diet to eating healthier, trying to cut gluten out of my diet because I read it was beneficial for empaths.

As an empath, I already struggle with being in my body and trusting it. The fear of anaphylaxis is definitely connected to this. The appointment was canceled a dew days later (not by my request) and that's when I knew this was a lesson, and one that I was ready to learn.

A couple days in to my obsessing, I was talking to myself trying to gain some understanding because I could sense that deep down I know I'm safe, but I just could not stop worrying. Suddenly the thought "I don't want to die like that again" popped in my head and was gone so fast that I almost missed it.

So I know this is related to a past life, and I've been getting better about eating without worrying, but once in a while the fear comes back. I'm at the point where I think help from others is a great option.

How interesting.

Where did you read that about gluten and empaths? Would you share the link?

My dog is 14 and I've had him since he was 9 weeks old. I'm the only owner he's ever had and he has ZERO reason to be terrified of vacuum cleaners, fireworks, or thunder, but he's freaked out by them all. Sometimes he gets so worked up, I have to give him a doggy Valium. I can't help but wonder if he experienced war in some way in a past life. His fear boggles the mind.

I was just saying today that he doesn't understand that he has nothing to fear by any of those things. And then I immediately wondered how often that same line could be applied to my fears and worries. And I wondered if anyone/thing said "The girl just doesn't realize she has nothing to fear."

Snort.

If someone asked me what scares me, I'd have to honestly answer - probably E V E R Y T H I N G but that bush, my sunglasses, and doilies. So sad.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
How interesting.

Where did you read that about gluten and empaths? Would you share the link?

I'm not allowed to post URL's on the forum yet, but if you Google "empaths and gluten" the first few links were the ones I looked at.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Master
KTM19,

I find it telling where you said you were worrying speaking with yourself about it (the physical sensation of suffocating) and the thought- I don't want to die like that again came to you.

I think in certain times when we have strong feelings of fear or aversion to something- or even thoughts accompanied by strong feelings like that, that we may indeed be remembering past life emotions/ memories that are brought to the surface here and now in this life-time.

I have had similar experiences, but come to me more as feelings, not only the feeling of fear- I've also felt remorse related to a past life.

When such instances occur- I feel there is something that needs to be healed.

Instances of this in this lifetime to me are an indication that healing work should be done on self- and what better time then when when we become aware of it.

Like you had when you had the thought- I do not want to die from that again- came into your awareness.

You could try regression with past lives- perhaps to get clearer of details and circumstances of the life this occurred, but do realize such memories coming to the fore can be very painful.

I believe that is why we have them to begin with, to heal.

Blessings along your journey.

May you find the healing you are deserving of.

As for the worrying, perhaps trying different learned relaxation techniques? Like breathing, music for relaxing, and other such techniques to help cope?

Just a suggestion.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:13 AM
Newbie ;)

I have to say that your experience is very interesting. I have a terrible fear of drowning, for no real reason. I am an excellent swimmer, and love being in the water. However, I am so scared of being trapped in a sinking ship or car that I am positive I died that way before. I have recurring dreams of going into a body of water in a car and they are amazingly real. I feel like your fear could be based in a past life experience.
Meditation and breathing exercises help a lot with controlling panic attacks. I hope you find an answer soon.
Old 20-10-2017, 02:16 AM
Knower
I'm not sure if its related to a past life but I feel really scared of going too deep in the ocean. I never learned how to swim. I'm also very scared of big fish.
Old 20-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Seeker
I have a big fear of driving. I'm 32, no license. I don't know if it's a past life thing or a future thing, but it gets pretty overwhelming! :/
Old 21-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Master
As I understand it, our auric fields contain much particular information about past lives in energetic form. So how we died in other lives also. We can sense this information, and the brain turns it into phobias or fears without basis in this life.

Sometimes a really good cleansing and purifying of the auric field will tone down this existing information so that it no longer gives us panic and knee jerk reactions.

I have the same fear as Whisperlark and when electric car windows came out I had a lot of fear around going off a bridge into water and not being able to roll down the window to escape. ( I lived in a desert, not much water there! lol)

So see if you can find a Healer or Energy Worker in your area, or do it yourself if you know how and get that programming dimmed down a bit so it doesn't interfere with this life so much. Other than that you can just keep reassuring the mind that the information it is receiving is not current for this life and there's no need to respond as it is.
Good luck with that though, I find it's really hard to convince my brain of this - it acts like its an instinctual hard wired fear - not a choice.
Old 22-10-2017, 05:15 AM
Guide

I think in our past lives, we are basically the same people we are today....maybe a little bit smarter, different gender, era, race, etc...but still very much the same person. Same fears, phobias, challenges, etc.

I went through something silimilar to this, and in all honestly...I have overcome my fear of guns, trains, etc...but I would be lying if I said I dont cringe at the site of either.

I think it’s past life related, as well.

I think some coping methods people have for phobias, just make the phobias worse.

I have learned, to not be afraid....fear is your biggest enemy here...because fear keeps you from learning what you need to know...and it keeps you stuck in the same pattern of panic attacks and anxiety. Knowledge will always be power....and a certain amount of fear, is healthy in a respectful way, just not to the point of a complete breakdown. It’s there to help you put things in perspective, and to help you recognize danger.

You have allergic reactions to nuts and certain foods, and lots of people do. You can not eat those things, because your body does not respond well, and is rejecting them.

The best way I have found to overcome my phobias, is to not think about them, and keep a healthy respectful boundary of them.. If you died of asphyxiation in a past life...there was probably a reason for it.

Did you drown? Were you choked? Did you eat nuts?

What I’m trying to say is...it wasn’t how you died, we all die.....it was what happened up to the point to cause asphyxiation...

Something happened, usually a series of unfortunantly events, or accident...that caused the asphyxiation... if it’s past life related, and could have been prevented.

It might help you to find out what happened, if it is related to your past life...that way, you can see what happened, what you can learn from it.

You are at a blind spot right now, all you can see is the burning building...but something happened to make that building burn.

So you need to figure out what happened....because I can assure you, that going to the doctor and getting checked for allergies is in your best interest....even if you faint and pass out....you are in good hands. Better than being at home, and finding out the hard way, because you let your fear stop you from pressing forward for answers.

Always face your fears...remember when you were a kid, and were scared of things that don’t bother you today? That is the same with your obsessions today...take small steps to learn, get educated, get answers, so you can move forward and outgrow these fears, and put them behind you.

These,are your fears, I can not tell you to breathe deep, relax, etc....because for some reason, it just makes it worse. Like you are avoiding the inevitable. But, if you take control of your fears, then you are the one controlling your fears. When you realize that you are controlling this, then you know that it can’t consume you, unless you want it to...and to me, you want it to, so you can find out what happened, and how you need to deal with it...and for that, you need to face it, and get answers. The more you understand, the more you will feel in control of your phobias.
Old 22-10-2017, 05:27 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatoriOnawa
I have a big fear of driving. I'm 32, no license. I don't know if it's a past life thing or a future thing, but it gets pretty overwhelming! :/

No, it’s a realistic fear....most people don’t realize we are made from skin, organs and bones....and were not made to be propelled through the air at 65-85 mph in a heaping pile of fiberglass! Maybe you are just smarter than the rest of us��