Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-06-2017, 12:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Can you trigger an OBE from lucid dreams?

Ive always wanted to have an OBE but I cannot seem to have one no matter how hard I try. I was wondering, is it possible to trigger an OBE from a lucid dream?

I do remmember having a lucid dream and willing myself to wake up just for the sole purpose of having an OBE... there was a sudden blackness that came over me and I felt like I was falling for a few seconds before I felt my real body and saw my room, im pretty sure my eyes were already open. At first there was a lot of tingling but it dissapeared rather quickly and I got up from bed... having wasted that lucid dream.

I have quite a few of lucid dreams and it would be easier to exploit this if I can. If I could get some feedback on this it would help a lot.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Knower
It is possible. I don't know of the details though.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Knower
I never had the guts to go through the vibration stage (*), but when I have the vibrations, it's usually after having a lucid dream. Actually, it's more accurate to say that sometimes I have an expanded consciousness during my dream, which triggers the lucid dream. Probably, that same mind state also triggers the vibrations. When the dream becomes lucid, and I try to experiment with changing my dream environment, that's usually when the vibrations begin (if I don't try to change the dream environment but remain aware that I am dreaming, then the lucid dream will continue as it is).

(*) it's helping me a lot though to read that other people went through the same thing. For example, my racing heart beat worried me most of all, but apparently, that's normal
Old 09-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Master

There is very great possibility that your lucid dreams are astral travels, and what you do by willing yourself to wake up is forcing you back into your body, for the purpose of going where you already are. It is like jumping out of a plane, and then wondering why you cannot get back into the plane when you reach the ground. Just a thought.
Old 30-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Knower
yes you can project from a lucid dream I even found a vid that ca explain it better than I can, there are a lot of techs in this vid including the one you looking for at 10:25 min in. here:

https://youtu.be/r6KiHlVXE9E?list=PL...W6qLoU00Z7-VDG
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow

*Langston Hughes*
Old 01-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Guide

I have tried this once:
I became lucid in a dream, immediately went back to my sleeping body and got up. I looked back at sleeping body but was too dark to see.
I lost balance and lightly stumbled next to wall, and then just stood there taking note of the situation. Eventually I felt the pull to go back to bed and wake up to make sure the experience was downloading into my memory.

Somebody advised me of this method, so I tried it and those were my results. Was I in the astral? I don't really think so. It was just like an extension of the lucid dream.
That's where the difficulty is - trying to use your limited understanding to create an experience for yourself.

I have since learned there is more worth in experiencing a lucid dream naturally and working and learning in that arena. Subtle differences within that space will allow you to work withing higher levels of awareness without having to spend time deliberately 'find' the astral.
It will naturally be there as part of your experience.

This is why some people do not distinguish between lucid dreaming and astral travel because actually they are really close and all that separates them is level of clarity.

http://www.thetwilightnexus.com - astral projection, lucid dreaming, meditation, OBE
Old 02-07-2017, 01:28 AM
Experiencer
Yes it is definitely possible to go into an OBE from a lucid dream. Everyone's experience of it is slightly different, but what I've found most effective is the idea of ending the imagery of a lucid dream. Intentionally ending the visual/sensory aspects of the dream but allowing your awareness to remain as the dream fades away. Then, once the trance state is all that remains, performing an exit technique (e.g., rolling out, rope technique, etc.). This is the most effective way I've found for having an OBE for me personally. After you get some practice at this, OBE from meditation or while falling asleep can get a lot easier. And don't lose confidence, anyone can do this with some practice
Old 02-07-2017, 02:18 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribiq
Yes it is definitely possible to go into an OBE from a lucid dream. Everyone's experience of it is slightly different, but what I've found most effective is the idea of ending the imagery of a lucid dream. Intentionally ending the visual/sensory aspects of the dream but allowing your awareness to remain as the dream fades away. Then, once the trance state is all that remains, performing an exit technique (e.g., rolling out, rope technique, etc.). This is the most effective way I've found for having an OBE for me personally. After you get some practice at this, OBE from meditation or while falling asleep can get a lot easier. And don't lose confidence, anyone can do this with some practice

Hi ribiq, does that mean that - while remaining in the lucid dream - you need to move your focus to the physical body? (so that you can roll out of it?). Does the awareness of the physical body happen spontaneously when you let the dream imagery fade? Or do you roll out of your dream body?

In any case, it's an interesting suggestion, I will try it out when I have a lucid dream again.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:03 AM
Experiencer
Well it's hard to describe in words; I would start by working on getting to the trance state from a lucid dream with a high degree of awareness. That may take a bit of practice, but once you get used to that, it may not even take an "exit technique" exactly; you may just be able to use your intention to consciously exit your body. The exit techniques have more to do with your energy body than your physical body. If you focus too much on your physical body, you'll either wake up or just go back to unconsciousness. All the things you have to practice to get better at lucid dreaming help you with OBE too, but experientially it's a bit different. Best thing is to keep practicing with an explorer sort of attitude and develop your own understanding of how it works
Old 06-08-2017, 03:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi. Im new here but I have some good advice hopefully.

From my most recent experience what helps the most is completely letting go. It is my belief that the harder we try and fail the more worked up we become which can lower you vibrations and consciousness causing you to in a way see basically darkness and nothing. My experience was that my soul will experience this on its own. It is meant for my soul to experience this because it yearns for it therefore it is almost automatic. My soul guided me to the steps.

The things that actually helped the most was SLEEP PARALYSIS. As odd as it sounds, this is the exact moment of total control and balance. The body and mind are essentially asleep but the spirit is awakened. If we become nervous here, the spirit will basically force the body to awaken. This happened to me and to me and I fell back asleep only to experience sleep paralysis again. But this time, the thought came to me and then all of a sudden I was lucid dreaming in the most AMAZING way. Any thought that I had appeared to my dreams. All it took was simple thought. I first asked for a fight and experienced what I can only describe as an astral battle. Believe me or not, I think channeled my chi. I began glowing and could see and feel the most powerful aura ever. I even created a beam as a weapon and fired it. I think created the thought of sex and began to dream it when I awakened because it was too powerful. But the sex but the simple fact that I could create a world from simple thought.

So first relax. Then let go. Then concentrate. Not so much on dreaming but much more on thinking. Your thoughts are the most important step. If you are afraid all of your thoughts will be fear and you will create your own nightmares. Don't let your desires control your thoughts either. Simply concentrate on gathering your thoughts and when you control them you can create