Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 14-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Uhmar

They are in a sense small earth angels, who spend their time helping to maintain the balance of nature. They also help humans they have chosen to help. They hold universal energies but are connected to their main source of energy which is Gaia. I have a fairy and a leprechaun who work and spend time with me.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:48 PM
pictoriale1

Here is a link to a short, simple film about photosynthesis of plants and how the faeries are involved in the process

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucvvNCYoLqk
Old 17-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Fairies are a type of being some would call 'land' or 'nature' spirits. Fairies are distinctly Celtic in origin and have a wealth of folklore surrounding them and how people treated them - which usually contradicts the common conception of fairies in popular culture.

Actually there are similar beings in many different folklore from around the world, so it is not just a Celtic phenonem. They are called by different names and have different appearances, but basically serve the same purpose.
Old 17-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Amethyst

Hi Pinkviolet

I like the way Sparrow summed up faeries to me in an email and I adopted his words for a signature:

"Faeries are to plants and flowers what spirit guides are to human beings. They nurture them into being all they can be in their highest potential."

- Spirit Guide Sparrow.

They can be 'infused' in leaves and flowers. I agree with Norseman - there's nothing supernatural about it - Earth is their home too.

If you want to see some nature spirits, one way is to ask them if they will show themselves for a photo shoot.

They seem to love having their photos taken! You might already have some photos of trees or flowers with nature spirits present.

Their faces and expressions sure can make you smile!

Below is a bunch of nosey parkers peering through a fence. This little gathering are not little, delicate, shy or have wings:

With no physical body restricting them, several can occupy the same space at the same time.

I spotted a green-faced nature spirit in a photo of Princess Di and Elton John which may have been in the newspapers.

If you scroll down to Princess Di comforting Elton - look to the right of Elton John's head!

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 17-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Actually there are similar beings in many different folklore from around the world, so it is not just a Celtic phenonem. They are called by different names and have different appearances, but basically serve the same purpose.
In some ways yes. Except the Celtic fairies did not serve the type of purpose that many people think. They are also distinguished from other types of land spirits because they behave very differently than other types. I suppose one can call other land spirits "fairies" but it leads to confusion and misunderstanding.

You can only call something a name for so long when you drastically change the thing in question. Maybe reformed fairies would be a better title for popular fairies? Hehe
Old 17-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Amethyst

Hi Animus27

Can I ask where you have sourced your information from?

Blessings, Amethyst x
Old 17-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst
Hi Animus27

Can I ask where you have sourced your information from?

Blessings, Amethyst x
HI Amethyst. My information comes mostly from various folklore books, The Secret Commonwealth, by Robert Kirk being one of them (although it's very difficult to read). And other resources that I have plowed through in my leisurely study of Gaelic folklore.

Celtic cultures, Irish, in particular have a vast folklore that is still alive today that concerns the "Fair Folk" as they call them. Since the word fairy is usually used in the British Isles. In the superstitions and lore fairies are portrayed as extremely ambivalent beings that are better left alone, because they can be very fickle and cruel. So nearly all traditions revolve around giving them offerings of milk or butter in an effort to keep them in a good mood, otherwise they can steal infants (the whole thing about changelings) or they can spoil the milk of the livestock, or even inflict sickness upon people. Although there are more kind types of creatures who are lumped together with the Fair Folk, like house brownies who were generally benevolent.

But fairies differ from other cultures conception of land spirits, in Icelandic Eddas land-elves are usually seen as less violent than the British and Irish fairies. Same with the Germanic landwights.

My only problem is that people misuse the term "fairy" as a catch all for various nature spirits. Which I feel a dislike for, simply because it can be mis-informative, or worse, dangerous, if the lore is to be considered reliable.
Old 17-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Gremlin

I think some of you people have too much time on your hand, or probably inducing yourselves with some substances that makes you believe in these things.

Or do I need to smoke some weed to change my perspective on things ?
Old 18-02-2011, 05:14 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin
I think some of you people have too much time on your hand, or probably inducing yourselves with some substances that makes you believe in these things.

Or do I need to smoke some weed to change my perspective on things ?

Now now, while a proper amount of skepticism or objectivity is healthy, there is no need to be derogatory.
Old 18-03-2011, 06:56 PM
lanbee

OH OK

So is that why "fairy rings" (mushrooms) are called that? They grow in a circle or spiral like the fibanocci series, which is organic growth "in balance"? (Just learning about this)