Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 17-12-2016, 05:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Isn't "right and wrong" conditional and variable? And any fledgling business, personal relationship, and the raising of a child will tell us that the future is full of surprised that are far outside of our ability to act decisively in terms of predetermined intentions and expectations.

We have the free will to "want", based on what we happen to be going through at any given time, but at what point have you been able to actively decide how things will ultimately unfold!?

personally, any expectation I have for the future seems to get derailed. Hence I hate goals with a passion. But that doesn't stop me from knowing that I still have a choice in how I react to things... I just don't get to manipulate things in such a way as to get what I want. But I guess that is a good thing since all I knew to want was what others told me to want anyway. Sigh.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Free will is kind of an illusion
Old 02-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Guide

Are there unconditioned choices? And if our choices depend on our past experiences, our upbringing, the social strata we live in and the culture into which we grew in what way can such choices be called 'free'? Free of what? Free within the bubble we live in? Is that freedom all we are asking for?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Are there unconditioned choices? And if our choices depend on our past experiences, our upbringing, the social strata we live in and the culture into which we grew in what way can such choices be called 'free'? Free of what? Free within the bubble we live in? Is that freedom all we are asking for?

Everyone is thinking of..'free will'..from a human perspective....of human rules and regulations....maybe you should think from ""creator/god's"" point of view, as in his reality of ""love and free will"".
And the way creator designed the universe and free will.

In regards to the earth and the rest of the entire universe, it was all designed to operate in total love, without any ugliness or evil. And in that kind of existence, your life and free will, would be the ultimate existence.

If we lived total pure loving lives as in creators way of love, we would not have any earthly human designed rules and regulations.

"Free will" practiced in accordance with "pure loving morality" as in creators "way of love".

It is not that, and will never be that, untill we let go of all unloving material possessions and ugliness.

The free will that is practiced on earth is definitely not what free will was designed to be.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:26 AM
Seeker

The masses are becoming more & more docile by the day. Free will is something that's being seemingly locked away.

I believe with elevating ones consciousness things such as free will & infinite potential become possible.

When one is truly awoken it becomes understood that the future can be whatever you want it to be.

If you look past all of the linear possibilities lol
Old 06-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awoken1ne
When one is truly awoken it becomes understood that the future can be whatever you want it to be.
Suzuki Roshi ("Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind") writes this in a quote: "Even if the sun were to rise from the West a Bodhisattva only has one way".

It is generally agreed that a Bodhisattva is an enlightened person and the quote above means that such a person has no choice, i.e. no free will.

Likewise, in "The Supreme Doctrine" Hubert Benoit delivers a logically derived argument that an enlightened person inevitably has to come down on the side of the good. Such a person cannot possibly serve evil.
Again this means that there is no choice and without any choice there cannot be free will.

In short, the ignorant have free will, the enlightened ones have not.
Old 16-01-2017, 03:18 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77
Anyone have any ideas on this subject? This question could unlock our future.

It is not easy to understand this concept. We all know this. A good place to begin is to restate that the idea of free will is firmly connected to the flow of what we call "time". Time is nothing more than an effect of matter. More specifically it is keyed to the relative density of matter. Physical material produces very fast time. Time in astral or mental matter is slower. Time likewise slows in higher planes until it stops. Consider this. Here is more. We are in the physical, ethereal, astral and mental while living on Earth. Time as expressed in these planes is familiar to us. Now consider this. As we send our consciousness higher and higher we find that time slows. Yes. Time is fastest in the most dense of the planes just as sound flows faster through solids than it does liquids. It is less so as we go up into the various subtle planes, and higher. Keep going. Continue sending our minds higher and higher, using our imaginations, until we arrive, finally, at the highest of all planes. This is the ultimate plane of the creator. For simplicity let's give "him" a gender and call him "God". Do this without any thoughts of religion (which are all man made) and it is easier. There is a great truth here though. At the highest plane of existence time is at a standstill. Effectively there is no time at all. This is the reason that God can give us free will and yet know how we will choose. It is simply because on that highest plane all, every event in history, is in the "now". Do not fret too much over this. We are attempting to speak of things far beyond our capability to understand. We are lucky to be able to say this much.

Now that we have seen this and understand it let's go back downwards to where we are now. We, as physical, emotional and mental beings, are immersed in a particular rate of time flow. If we want to gaze forward or backward we have only to use our minds and we will have success. There are two ways to see our future. One is to use our imaginative intuition. The other is to raise ourselves, directly or through an agent, to a high plane where better vision is possible. Our souls live normally on the plane of souls which are the higher sub planes of the mental (and above to a degree). They have better access than we do. It is from this plane, and sometimes higher, that prophets go to retrieve information that we here tend to marvel over. if we can adequately connect here we will find that we may easily get information about our likely futures.

The second way is harder to do. After years of practice we become able to meditate in communion with a very high plane from which we are able to easily determine our futures. There is a problem here though. When we achieve this access we have progressed beyond the point where we care any longer about knowing our futures. In other words when we arrive at the plateau whereupon we have this sort of grand vision it no longer is important to us because we have long since left those lower realms where desire has sway behind.

On higher planes of awareness desire and curiosity no longer exist because they are essential aspects of personalities which, in turn, are things of the physical, emotional and lower mental realms.

It is kind of like a reverse "catch 22". Interesting, yes? Almost humorous in a wry sort of way.

Even though our futures are known to those entities who are far above the levels of mere masters, or ascended masters, engaged in guiding we humans on Earth (and other planets) They cannot be known to us. This is in no way punitive. It simply is because we do not have access. But our futures are not static qualities. Just because we lack knowledge does not mean we lack control. Our futures are shaped by our decisions and actions now. So.... although we may not have unlimited access we do have unlimited control. This, in itself, is a catalyst which opens doors which shape destinies.

It is our duty to the creative force that brought us all into manifestation to use the tools which are presently available to us with what wisdom that we possess at the moment. If we do this we need never be concerned about the future.

When we leave our true homes on the plane of human souls to come to physical worlds we choose to close certain doors in order to avoid being distracted from our goals while incarnated on Earth. Bartholomew is speaking here. The physical James that he speaks through would also like to know his future. But he knows also that such knowledge would lead to complacency and misuse of opportunity.

Remember that we all have guides who never fail us. Learn to trust them. They make their presence known in various ways. When ours is near to hand we know. There is never any question. We know. These older souls voluntarily agree to help us always.

Old 17-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Do we have Free Will, if so, What is it?
Anyone have any ideas on this subject? This question could unlock our future.
Hi ian77,

It's called God-reliance.

The ultimate 'science'.

~ J
Old 15-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Seeker

interesting comments here. here is a short part from a "Kryon" channeling titled " activating the third layer of DNA".
"

) Every Human Being on the planet has free choice. That free choice extends way beyond your Human brain. It's free choice of your duality in combination with your Higher-Self. The higher your vibration, the more choices you make with a Higher-Self. These decisions are often out of the realm of your reality or your awareness.
Old 15-02-2017, 04:44 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
It can unlock the future.We are attached to nature through our thinking.Infact,we are chained to nature through our desires.But,if we change every desire into the desire for Self-Knowledge;We can,through repeated life times,conquer death by regenerating our physical bodies.Through doing our ultimate duty we will leave this world of time,death and sorrow,and enter a state of bliss beyond human imagining.

What I think free will is is that God, the universe, everything I think is one thing, having free will is working in any way you desire within the greater whole, like allowing a projection in a lucid dream to have its own dream.

From the quote above: I agree with your take on the process of self realization, transending maya, and that we are influenced by nature as the process of karmic change. Reality is I think something like a voting system, some voters have more power, some areas have more voters. The three major divisions of the system are the subjective, the objective, and placement in existence; each have their own tendencies. when we make a transition in birth or death I think our karmas are matched so we are where we should be, we are free, as we grow we grow beyond where we started and may fall out of sink with the direction or feel of a place so we have free will but is it absolute free will all the time maybe not.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]