Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 18-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Knower
Question What Am I Dealing With?

Hello there enlightened ones. I am posting this to ask if my house could possibly be haunted. Some of the most common things that occur are usually thuds, creaks and footsteps in my bedroom. I also once heard what sounded like someone whispering a few nights ago. I will take advice on what I am dealing with, If my house could be haunted, and what I should do about it.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 18-11-2015, 04:39 AM
Master
It's difficult to tell based on the limited information provided - how old is your house? what time of day do you hear these noises the most? do they wake you? does your house have a history?

It sounds like a 'residual haunting', but that's assuming your house is haunted, which it may be, but I doubt it.

Try smudging with a white sage smudge stick and ask nicely, if there are any residual energies in the house, to kindly move on towards the Light.

If this doesn't work, there's a chance your house could be haunted and you could call in a paranormal investigator.

All the best and I hope it works out for you.
Old 18-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Knower
Some more details:
- I'm pretty sure it was built sometime in the 60s, but I'll check in with my parents.
- Mostly at night when I'm in bed.
- The activity doesn't usually wake me unless it is super loud.
- I have tried to look into it, but haven't found anything yet.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 18-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Seeker

How long has this been happening? Did you just move there? Did you recently start renovating?

If you have an audio recorder and silence in the room, you could try doing an EVP session.
Old 18-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Master
I have recorded EVPs on my laptop using only my PC mic.

I do it at 3am-4am in a quiet room, using just the sound recorder on my laptop.

Just ask if anybody is there, to please say their name and leave it for 5 minutes.

In all honesty, spirits are everywhere and every house is 'haunted'.

I'll tell you a story...about ghosts debunking ghosts.

One day, I was watching TV in my bedroom, when I heard a sound, like a 'cracking sound' coming from my inbuilt mirrored wardrobe.

It also seemed to have a pattern to it, 'cracking' once for 'yes'...twice for 'no'...you could also try this...ask questions to see if you can get the noises or knocking to follow your questions...to ascertain if it is random or not.

Anyway...this kept up for about 15 minutes, so I thought the spirits wanted to talk to me, so I turned on my Spirit Box and asked "was that you guys knocking on my wardrobe"?

The replies I got were "not us", "mirror", "air pressure" and "temperature". lol

So, even the spirits were telling me it was all a matter of science.

Yeah, but see if you can get them to do the 'knock once for yes and twice for no thing'.

All the best.
Old 19-11-2015, 02:02 AM
Knower
The activity has been occurring for 2-3 years, there was no recent renovation work on the house, and if you can supply some links to property records sights, that would be great.
Old 19-11-2015, 02:09 AM
Master
Have you tried the 'knock once for yes and twice for no' thing?
Old 19-11-2015, 02:45 AM
Deactivated Account

Necromancer, interesting experience with your knocking and asking the Spirit Box questions.

On occasion I hear raps on my wall, I have tried asking questions and doing the 'knock once for yes and twice for no' thing? I know it is someone I know, just haven't figured out who yet

PeaceChic ~ any deceased relatives you might have that might be wanting to contact you ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 19-11-2015, 03:04 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Anyway...this kept up for about 15 minutes, so I thought the spirits wanted to talk to me, so I turned on my Spirit Box and asked "was that you guys knocking on my wardrobe"?

The replies I got were "not us", "mirror", "air pressure" and "temperature". lol

So, even the spirits were telling me it was all a matter of science.

Yeah, but see if you can get them to do the 'knock once for yes and twice for no thing'.

All the best.

Lol, at least the spirits are honest.

My friend once knocked on the floor five times, and after a few seconds, we heard loud knocks coming from the basement. We kept knocking on the floor to see if it was pipes echoing, but there weren't any knocks after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChic99
...and if you can supply some links to property records sights, that would be great.

Sure. http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghost...Record-Evp.htm
Old 28-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Knower
No one in my family has passed away recently, and even if it was a dead relative, why would they wait years to reach me?