Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 31-08-2014, 01:58 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 4 Needed for Consciousness

1) Humans will never create a biological life, from where before there was none,

2) Roger Penrose believes there are four aspects of biological consciousness that AI can never do;

..1a} common sense,
...2a} judgement of truth,
..3a} understanding --- comprehension? --
..4a} artistic apprasial--- and appreciation ---

2) Conssciousness not needed for;

..1b} automatic,

...2b} following rules mindlessly,

...3b} programmed,

...4b} algorithmic.

Fuller believes that, mind/intellect, via the brain,

1} objectively harvests information / data,

2}sorts the info/data into catagories of relevant significancy or not,

3} discovers patterns and principles,

4} subjectively applies those learned principles in support of the integrity of self and a greater whole.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 31-08-2014, 02:02 AM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
1) Humans will never create a biological life, from where before there was none,

2) Roger Penrose believes there are four aspects of biological consciousness that AI can never do;

..1a} common sense,

..1b} automatic,

...3b} programmed,

...4b} algorithmic.

4} subjectively applies those learned principles in support of the integrity of self and a greater whole.

r6

Roger Penrose is wrong.
Old 31-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Master
Recent News:

Early development of "Skynet" created.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/271495/robo-brain-could-lead-to-a-real-life-skynet

"At present the 'Robo Brain' project learns much of its information from the traditional Internet and is currently processing more than 1 billion images, 120,000 YouTube videos and more than 100 million documents such as how-to books and instruction manuals."

Once again, it is about certain sentience becoming apparent involving artificial intelligence.

The organic brain is not only a "transciever" of sorts, but translates actual reality (waveform) into what we percieve as reality. ( "What is Real?")

Quantum Physics supports the teaching that reality is "Maya", an illusion, and what is out there is a symphony of wave forms, a "frequency domain" transformed into the world as we know it only after it enters into our senses.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 31-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
1a) "Common sense" is not always obvious in humans, tho, with some effort it can be found in most humans that have a well developed functioning cognitive abilities i.e. most adults ergo it is something that increases with experience and then the abilities to recall those experiences and understand any set of simple too increasing, complex relationships.

2a) Like common sense, "judgement of truth" is not always obvious, yet we do see it testeddaily with parent and children and in some critical circumstances ex a jury composed of adults.

3a) I added the word comprehension--- greater wholistic set of relationships ---- to "understanding" because of its relationship to an integral whole, that comes about from complex integral of all five or more of our known senses referencing memories of previous experiences that also involved one or more senses.

Ex a group of people at a concert understand the smoke, at a concert or by neighbors grill along with burning flesh or other foul smells does not neccessarily mean there exists any immediate danger

4a) ha ha, this is on of the hardest ones to grasp even amongest humans. Where is the line between art and anything that is not art?

When watching tv, we discern, between a movie-- movie is and art using footage that may reflect actual reality ---and then tv switches to news that is footage of actual reality i.e. events not intended to be art.

Then there is the art of presenting the news to the viewer. Do we like CBS over NBC CNN etc...is any of our decission based on the artistic aspects of their presentation? Then there is the art of news presenting a story on art or what is not art.

r6

Quote:
..1a} common sense,
.1b} automatic,
...3b} programmed,
...4b} algorithmic.

r6

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 31-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
4a) ha ha, this is on of the hardest ones to grasp even amongest humans. Where is the line between art and anything that is not art?

When watching tv, we discern, between a movie-- movie is and art using footage that may reflect actual reality ---and then tv switches to news that is footage of actual reality i.e. events not intended to be art.

Then there is the art of presenting the news to the viewer. Do we like CBS over NBC CNN etc...is any of our decission based on the artistic aspects of their presentation? Then there is the art of news presenting a story on art or what is not art.

r6

What has this got to do with AI or sentient AI?

You are making a common error, often made by the narrow minded. You are applying human rules. In fact worse, rules that apply to only a subset of humans.

Some humans are completely incapable of appreciating art beyond the superficial. Are those people not intelligent or sentient?

Does a common house spider appreciate art or make collective judgements? Is the spider sentient? I would say it is. Perhaps it is not.

What about something like a cat or a dog? They are sentient. Do they appreciate art? A dog is likely to act collectively with other dogs and/or humans, because they are a social animal. A cat acts solo because cats are anti-social miserable gits, but still intelligent and sentient.

If the boffins want to created an artificial HUMAN mind, they will need to spend a few more decades on research yet. But if they want to make AI and sentience, well, I KNOW they are just about there.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Intuition vs algorithm

In the below, the most obivious differrence between mind/intellect--- ergo spirit-of-intent --- access by humans and AI is that humans create AI not the other way around.

Also humans discovered the cosmic law via intuitive abilities amongest other observations.

Quote:
r6

Old 01-09-2014, 03:19 AM
Master
Mr. 6?

As we have seen, Sci-Fi tends to precede Sci-Fact.

Point is about "sentience"... and, that eventually the "artificial Intelligence" would learn to mimic and replicate biological human action, and behavior. As well as coming to certain self awareness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Recent News:

Early development of "Skynet" created.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/271495/robo-brain-could-lead-to-a-real-life-skynet

"At present the 'Robo Brain' project learns much of its information from the traditional Internet and is currently processing more than 1 billion images, 120,000 YouTube videos and more than 100 million documents such as how-to books and instruction manuals."

Once again, it is about certain sentience becoming apparent involving artificial intelligence.

The organic brain is not only a "transciever" of sorts, but translates actual reality (waveform) into what we percieve as reality. ( "What is Real?")

Quantum Physics supports the teaching that reality is "Maya", an illusion, and what is out there is a symphony of wave forms, a "frequency domain" transformed into the world as we know it only after it enters into our senses.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Master
the occult view is that matter and consciousness are indivisible, so everything is already aware but in different types and qualities. as i see it, brain is a biological system that taps the universal mind, so conscious is not mine or a personal matter. the brain as an aerial if you like; in and of itself it is not conscious but when functioning correctly, it allows consciousness to flow in and be expressed through it-a vessel if you will. for a machine to be aware in the same way biological systems are, it would, perhaps, have to be able to tap into the dimensionless "place", beyond the physical realm, where consciousness resides and arises from.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Master
Vecta, here is the thing...

If granted the time, and allowed, can one percieve that scientific advancement would enable the created replicant, or "Cyborg" to do so? To access the interdimensional, via...
"Frequencies... Vibrations... and Resonance"?

What has humanity accomplished already, after all?

Much research has been done, some of it is hidden from the public eyes. As many in the public would be horrified.
Look at the reaction to cloning people, as example. - What else?

Many would protest what may be going on behined the scenes, and behined closed doors. But, where is all our technological progress leading? What direction..?

Today? Skin and organs are being grown in the labs. Instruments are being created that are becoming more and more sensitive.
One can wonder, what would it take to allow for skin to thrive on a, "machine", such as in the movie, "The Terminator", or, such as with the Cyborg in the movie, "Alien"?
Given enough time?

The addition to what is already accomplished thus far... what is needed involves, obviously, the Bio-Chemistry aspects, and development, and advancement, necessary.

Already tested is a four legged robot which can interact with the environment outside, and independantly.
Looks like a Bull.

Here is example of govt. research ongoing, involving humanoid configured machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqCmX5dMYHg&index=5&list=PL6wMum5UsYvaoPQS UPXxYEDYXZGdijMjs

Also navigating around a hole in a floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFGfq0pRczY&list=PL6wMum5UsYvaoPQSUPXxYEDY XZGdijMjs&index=2

And, from Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFGfq0pRczY&list=PL6wMum5UsYvaoPQSUPXxYEDY XZGdijMjs&index=2

Old 03-09-2014, 11:27 AM
fey421

You can make human robots but they're never going to be truly aware...the closest you're get is the human cyborg...superhumans...buy some nano bits,insert them all from your local store, super offers all in the future...