Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 06-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Chatters

I started out with Wicca too, although only though research, decided a while ago that I did not want to be part of a coven.

You sound like you have many interesting experiences on your path.

Going back to what you said about the witch wars, I do wonder about that sometimes. I always think does it really matter, everyone's path is valid and valued to that person.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Lostgirl

I have never thought Wicca to be black or white. In books i have read it states that the Goddess for example, has darker sides and we are right to acknowledge them but not use them, as she has many many wonderful sides as does the God. I believe that it is all in the persons intentions and although we need to understand that there are people out there who have bad intentions but not to put a label on it and say 'they use black magic' as in my opinion there is no such thing - just a bad intention. Does that make any sense
Old 06-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Master
Never forgetting the Three-Fold Return of course. "As you sow, so shall you reap"
Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM
SoaringSpirit

It does make sense Lostgirl. Magick is neither 'good' (white) nor 'bad' (black), it just IS! It is the intention of the person using magick that is 'good' or 'bad'.

Think of magick like electricity......Used by a person for 'good', electricity can keep you warm, cook your food, light up your life etc, BUT when used by a person for 'bad' it can be used to burn someone or torture someone. It is not the electricity that is 'good' or 'bad' but the person using it.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Lostgirl

I Agree :)

I was recently threatened by a young man who wanted to split myself and my boyfriend up as he was in love with me and wanted to be with me (silly i know but bare with me). After alot of probing and asking questions i asked him how he would achieve this as there is no way i would do this of my own accord. He then went on to say that he has Wiccan friends who have agreed to create a spell that would break me and my boyfriend up and make me fall in love with him as they didnt believe in the threefold.
Now in my mind if you dont follow this and are happy to tamper with a persons free will then you arent true Wiccan as you arent following the basics. To me thats silly girls who are plaing with casting spells like they have seen on Charmed!
I think that they have bad intentions but it does not make them black witches as a) i believe there is no such thing and b) i do not believe they are wiccan/witch at all!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Master
Lost Girl, TV and movies have a lot to answer for
Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Lostgirl

Yes they do! My response was basically that if thats what they feel then they are silly girls playing with something they dont understand and due to that they cant harm me :)

I have to say he was not impressed with my lack of concern. :)
Old 06-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Master
That maybe is a fault in Wicca - the two sides. There is the ceremonial side with it's romantic image of mysticism and secrecy and groupness - all OK providing the leaders are not over-controlling. But then there is the Craft side where things can go seriously wrong if someone reaches beyond their ability.
Some do get deeply involved in the "performance" of wicca and pay little attention to the craft side taking it as a simple, harmless pass-time.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Lostgirl

Again Norseman i completely agree with you. What is alarming to me though is that they have done the reading and research and they are following the Wiccan path, that they have little to no regards of the basics and dont care if they hurt someone/s which is awful. I also think it makes them quite dangerous if they dnot care as they can have whatever feelings and intentions they desire - good or bad - and as a consequence someone gets hurt and they dont feel a thing!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Master
Keep in mind that those who do not "feel a thing" are in their karmatic learning process. This is appropriate in its own way.

It is best to use compassion for all ways of being, even for those who are self destructive. I suggest that you would be wise to acquire a higher perspective about the greater reality and plan for humanity. You already have the basic insights for that at this time.

John