Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 09-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Master
Neville, you must choose the purpose that you serve.
Why do you do the things you do?
What ideas live through you?
Which pursuits shall "enrich" your experiences?
You have the power of choice.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Neville

Ah i see now . I think I have chosen I think i choose as i go too. So you see it's a rolling effect, Not merely the choice I made , but the choices i continue to make also... In my case Many and varied ideas live through and indeed are communicated through me. Further many and varied pursuits do enrich my experiences.. On the whole I am very diverse in my persuits. and areas of interest.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Master
That sounds fabulous.
I believe that "a practical world view" should not allow
energy to be diverted to "Despots , Mass Murderers, meglomaniacs, and psychopaths" however.
I do not pursue death and destruction, and I don't willingly
give my energies to these things.
Here's a cool old-timey song: Johnny Mercer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jdbFOidds

Peace2U
Old 09-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Neville

Quote:
I do not pursue death and destruction, and I don't willingly
give my energies to these things.

Oh I can't get enough of it, In my History Studies, I am fascinated by how we once were.From Thermopylae to the Last Stand, From Bosworth to Edge Hill, Gettysburg to Glen Coe Gripping stuff.

I often think to have a half decent idea about where we are going it can be useful to know where we have been.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Master
You are amusing.
I think it is important to be "realistic" in our thinking...
and honest in our assessments.
I want to know "what is" and "what has been" in a 'non-judgemental' kinda way...
But I take no glee in the atrocities that have been perpetrated in times past.
I earnestly wish to experience a 'lasting peace' here in this physical dimension.
I believe that this is a worthy goal; I believe that it is a possiblility too.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Master
Here's what I think the #1 problem throughout all of history has been: imposition on Will. No one experiences a problem if things go according to their will ~ they experience satisfaction. Thwarted hopes and dashed dreams, enslavement and servitude, subverted will put in service to unloving masters...this is the ailment we've suffered from throughout history. I believe that we can overcome these sins of the past.
The verification/discovery of the Higgs Boson, the so-called "God Particle", is sorta troubling for me. When the A-Bomb was first tested, there was an idea that the atmosphere could've 'ignited'.... In the story "Slaughterhouse Five", some super-advanced society caused the destruction of the Universe through a clumsy mistake. There has been talk, in scientific circles, of "tapping into" the energy-pool of dark-matter.... One of these days, we could stumble into annihilation if we just blindly thrash about without a sense of responsibility to our investigations.
It is said that hindsight is twenty-twenty. You are wise to orient yourself by observing the past -- the future is unwritten, and we have no landmarks if we look that direction.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Neville

Learning from History seems to be what you are hinting at here H;O;R;A;C;E. Which bears a passing correlation to what I said.

Quote:
I often think to have a half decent idea about where we are going it can be useful to know where we have been.

Though I see repeating patterns quiet a lot, quiet probably due to the cyclical nature of events I have thought I have observed.

I do appreciate you're ideal of a lasting peace, which is a most noble ideal of the highest order, alas , up to press though, lasting peace remains, or at the very least , appears to remain an ideal only.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Master
Pattern recognition is a powerful tool.
Once we see the pattern; we can empower ourselves.
Things happen; they have causes.
We have desires; we apply our knowledge so as to cause things to happen.
The responsible mind strives to only empower "good" outcomes.
I believe that empowering WILL to express itself as it wishes, is the key to 'lasting peace'.
This goes beyond mere human history -- this seems a "universal truth" to me.
The Universe, as a whole, has a single WILL. Each WILL fragment, when it is allowed to 'manifest' according to it's own desires, satisfies the WILL of the whole.
This is my achievement in 'pattern recognition'.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Search

I only try to think in order to make navigate, living in the suffering society has yet to overcome ... so much for it's thinking. No wishful thinking here ... although I have been rather suicidal of late, I must profess I am feeling much better now.

I choose not to abide by such laws, regardless of who is thinking or how many agree ... such things detract from the real purpose of being, which is why I accept a more peaceful existence is one in which rolls on, like you say.

Being swayed by opinion is no longer an option for me ... Has been an interesting read all the same ... You two guys seem to have a good grip.

wishing you well ...
Old 01-11-2012, 07:12 AM
AUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Some people object to this label but if it's found to be this is actually 'how' mass is formed... that's obviously the creator God.

Religious and spiritual implications always accompany a major scientific breakthrough. These implications are immediate and they are profound, especially when a scientific explanation threatens to replace the divine or supernatural origins of truth. Physicists believe that the Higgs Boson field gives all particles their mass, and as you've stated, once a particle has mass, it takes on a form that humans can comprehend.