Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 07-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Seeker
Strip of hair

Hi there,

Is there any reason why a wiccan would cut a strip of hair from someone else's head?

My friend's daughter is only 6 years old and her ex mother in law who is a wiccan, cut a long strip of hair from her head. I am a little worried and concerned about why a wiccan would do this?

Thank you in advance
Old 07-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Lepus

Hello,

If her intentions are good, then she means no harm.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 08-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Master

I'd be furious if someone had ever done that to either of my daughters. If she was going to do a blessing or some kind of healing ritual on your daughter, then do you not think you have a right to know?

On the other hand - is there any reason she would want to have some kind of control over your daughter?

I would not be comfortable with that at all.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Lepus

Hello,

I agree with you, Jenny. Most Wiccans follow the Wiccan rede, "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will." There might be a slight chance of doing any harm, but I can be wrong. A string of hair can potentially be used for both good or bad. The latter being the least common practice amongst Wiccans. She might be doing a healing or protection ritual, but you (12 counsellors) deserve to know, if that's the case.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 09-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Master
I agree.

If it was her own granddaughter then she would likely have good intentions but the road to 'you know where' is paved with good intentions.

We don't know that she is Wiccan and follows the Wiccan rede. That is a term that is liberally used. Using DNA in a spell would seem like she is trying to bend something to her will.

What?

That is not acting with integrity. It is unethical do do that type of spell on a child in a sneaky way. If that were my child, I would be livid. I wouldn't feel afraid but I would feel betrayed.

Consider that she might mean well, but she might be misguided.

The child has a right to know, and the parents have a right to know what she thinks she is doing.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:09 AM
Master

I read the original post again and if the ex-mother in law took the hair then she or her son (who would be your friend's ex-husband, could be doing some work to take the child into her/her son's custody.

Yes, I know you're not supposed to think ill of others, but she was underhanded and I don't trust people like I used to. Probably because I know all the harm that can be done with people's "personals" -such as a lock of hair, nail pairings, etc. etc.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Seeker
Thank you ladies, Her ex-husband has been fighting with her over the custody of their child. This is the second time her ex-mother in law has cut a strip of hair from her daughter and when my friend questions it to her ex-husband, he pretends as though he doesnt see it, where you can clearly see the cut.

This man's mother practices some dark magic as well, and has on many occasions got this little girl sick too. We found unsual things in her over night bag hidden in the seams of the bag, or between the cloth of the bag and the padding such as the eye of the peacock feather that has been cut to size, a match stick and a needle in the seams. I pricked my self on it when I opened the bag which is why I knew it was there, I took it out though, disinfected my fingers and the needle and threw it outside in the rubbish bin.

They have been fighting custody battle for a while now and the ex-mother in law has been acting really strange to the child. The child is affraid of going to their home, she just keeps saying that "granny is saying stuff to her she doesnt understand".

My friend has told the lawyers this but they have replied saying there is nothing they can do as it isnt recognised as being harmful.

Is there anything my friend or I can do to counteract that spell or spells?

Thank you again.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:37 AM
Master

Yes, there's a number of things - do you or your friend do spells/magic/conjure?

Jenny Crow
Old 12-03-2017, 02:36 AM
Master

I would suggest that the child is no longer allowed to go anywhere near the ex-mother in law if possible. It is just putting their target into their hands.

Jenny Crow
Old 12-03-2017, 04:49 AM
Master
That is why the word Wiccan is misused. If she is practicing that kind of magic, it is pretty dark. and 'harm to none' is not considered.

I know what she is doing and she isn't going to get her way.

I think it is a custody thing, because that makes sense. What is in the best interest of the child will override her magic in this case.

There is no law against witchcraft, but there is a law against crazy and delusional behavior while assaulting a childs hair.

That would be the approach I would take. They can do something about that especially if the child finds it to be disturbing.