Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Any act of kindness can bring happiness to others, which also gives you yourself a measure of happiness - and a feeling of self-worth.

Even just humble things, like feeding the sparrows or the pigeons in the park.
Give someone some flowers, an elderly lady for example. Especially flowers you know they like. When their face lights up with joy, you're going to feel good too.

I see your point clearer now but that wouldn't work for me. Maybe for others i guess. If i do random acts of kindness it has to come naturally from my heart and not because i'm sad. Otherwise it would feel like i'm doing it for all the wrong reasons. Like giving a woman a flower but doing it just to fulfill my own happiness. Making her happy just so i can be happy too. When i'm sad i have no desire to make others happy. But when i'm naturally happy, i sometimes want to share it.
Old 26-07-2016, 11:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I see your point clearer now but that wouldn't work for me. Maybe for others i guess. If i do random acts of kindness it has to come naturally from my heart and not because i'm sad. Otherwise it would feel like i'm doing it for all the wrong reasons. Like giving a woman a flower but doing it just to fulfill my own happiness. Making her happy just so i can be happy too. When i'm sad i have no desire to make others happy. But when i'm naturally happy, i sometimes want to share it.

Naturally from the heart, of course, it means nothing otherwise. But spreading goodwill and kindness, that positive vibe can't help but come back to you.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi, sometimes you just need to talk with a professional. I have had depression for many years.It is at a minimal level. Those replies are all good.
I know nothing worked better for me than to talk about what I was keeping inside.Along the way was inner child,reiki,accupressure, and a few more.
Soulful7
Old 19-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Guide

The best way to heal sadness is to fall in love :) It helped me once.
Old 19-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Knower
Great replies, thank you all very much!
I have indeed worked through the sadness I felt back at that time I wrote this thread, of course at the time I didn't see it being temporary something that was arising from past experiences that I needed to totally heal, and I have done through my heart chakra and the help of the loving Divine and it's light beings :) I'm so grateful and blessed to have this experience and be surrounded by supporting beautiful souls! So I thank each and every one of you wholeheartedly to take the time and energy to give me some lovely advice that I really needed!
Bless to all
Old 20-09-2016, 12:46 AM
Experiencer
I also recommend reiki. I have gone to reiki classes (i am also a practitioner), and I have had private sessions with a reiki practitioner. What I've learned from my own experience is that, esp with reiki, everything is not cleared/release at once. For me, I've gone to several reiki classes (beyond the three that you need to practice on others), in each class during the practice sessions with my classmates, I have learned, through my classmates, of different things that are being released. Each class there is always something else. I have been guided to go back to these classes otherwise, there was no way for me to know that I needed more work done.
Old 20-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Newbie ;)

One of the best way to deal with sadness is to divert your mind in something else. This is why people have many hobbies. Be it playing some musical instruments, sing a song or certain sports, you need to involve yourself whether you like it or not. Get busy and get going.
Old 20-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Well, I see you figured it out, but in case anyone else wanted tips, I'll share how I deal with sadness too.

First of all, for me, there is a difference between sadness and depression.

They say depression is a chemical brain imbalance, not an emotion. It makes you feel numb, emotionless, lethargic, etc. And I also think it's completely physical, that's why things like working out, diet, healthy lifestyle changes, and getting more sun, are known to cure it.

That's why I think depression isn't a "mental illness" and is more of a natural response to physical imbalances in someone's life. I used to be diagnosed with Clinical Depression - at its worst, I was bed ridden for months and couldn't even take care of personal hygiene. But that was during a time where I was not in good physical shape and nothing in my life was healthy or in balance. And as soon as they forced me to get moving, I was able to get out of the slump. I also think it's a very extreme case of energy imbalance.

As a bodybuilder, I've really noticed a relation to working out and the effects of depression. For example, on my rest days when I have really bad DOMS (sore muscles from working out) I also get depressed. I think it's natural. It's like my body and my mind is saying SLOW DOWN, you need a major break. Of course, sore muscles are depressing in general, but it's more than that, my entire mind basically goes into this depression/fog.
And it is irritating when I want to be in a positive mood, but I believe depression is an entirely natural response for people, but when their lives are especially imbalanced the depression can become so bad it paralyzes them.
Obviously, working out until you get excruciating DOMS isn't the definition of balance and it probably really does mess up your brain as much as it does your body.
But, one of the most important things I've realized, is on the days when I feel the need to be bed ridden, I need to be bed ridden, it's just that my body needs the rest. It also needs lots of vitamins, nutrients and fuel. And when it doesn't get all those things it just doesn't perform like it should.

Depression is easy to deal with for me, I just make sure to balance things that are imbalanced, force myself to do things I normally love when I don't feel like doing anything, etc or just rest and take it easy.

Sadness is a completely different thing, and isn't something you can just force away. The kinds of people who try to force themselves to be artificially happy when they are sad, are just in Denial.
The only true way to be happy is to actually deal with the sadness.

First thing I do is look at why I'm sad in the first place.

Then I fix the reason why I'm sad.

If a sad event is making me sad, I practice resilience. I go through the mourning process, let out my emotions and then move on. Then I can focus on all the things I love and enjoy about life again.

If something not in my control is making me sad, I practice Buddhism and also gratitude for everything that is right in my world. Everything is always fine in the moment, afterall.

If a relationship is making me sad, I cut ties with it. No room in my life for people that make me feel that way. I practice self reliance and self love. Being a hermit has made me extremely happy. I love being by myself.

If things in my life make me sad, I get rid of them, and fix them by whatever means possible.

A huge percentage of the time, I might be sad and cannot find any obvious reason. That's when I know I'm just being an empath and picking up on someone else's emotions.
You know it's a rip off when you're allowing other people to influence your mood and you aren't even aware of it.
I felt so ripped off of a huge portion of my life, when I realized most of the sadness I felt, was not even my own.
It's easy to deal with that, just start being more self aware.
Then cut cord attatchments.
Normal people regularly cut cords with people they meet, but empaths don't.
So you have to remember to do it on a regular basis, perhaps every time you speak to someone.
Especially if you go on forums like this, that are full of people that are constantly thinking negative thoughts about you and leeching onto your energy, or even sending attacks your way. That's why I don't go on forums much. Spiritual forums are the worst. Cyberspace can end up giving you thousands of energy attatchments that you really do not need and that can make you very, very ill if you are an empath.

If cutting cords doesn't work to get rid of the sadness right away, then it could be an entity attatchment. Entities have the ability to interfere with your thoughts and send you feelings you probably don't want and you may be completely unaware that they are there influencing your mood.
It's easy enough to deal with them, but you need to have spiritual abilities or at least be telepathic or treat it like you are doing Part Work Integration Therapy (google it).
If I suspect I might have an entity, I just focus on it until they show up and then get to know them a bit, ask them who they are, and what they need to be freed and what they want me to know. They are usually souls of people and animals I've harmed in this life or prior lives, and the attatchment is either caused by them or myself, and is easy enough to deal with by making amends to them and myself, and letting go.
These kinds of entities will NOT be rid of by burning sage or anything else because they are literally attached to you. Cleansing them away is not going to get rid of them, you usually have to do psychological work to let go of them, because they are there due to underlying reasons.

I need to also mention, I had a tendency to become suicidal often. I obviously don't think that's a normal sane reaction, it was a really huge overreaction, but I would freak out and get extremely overwhelmed by seemingly simple things in hindsight and during the time wouldn't be able to make sense of the overreaction. And instead of relying on other people to try and remind me how good life is during that really messed up mind state (I never believed them), I found it helpful to write a letter to my suicidal self. The letter was written during a state of mind where I was very peaceful and happy with my life. Whenever I even get close to an overwhelmed state like that, I read the letter, and it reminds me that I truly was happy once or many times (during times when you are suicidal you can easily forget that) and that I can be happy again, no matter what obstacle comes my way. And that is probably the best thing I ever did, because really, relying on other people during those times seemed to just make things worse.

Resiliance and self reliance are probably my favourite things.
Old 24-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Experiencer

When i'm sad, i try to work harder to avoid thinking about my problems.
Old 27-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Experiencer

By reading an interesting book also.