Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi
I wondered if its possible to suffer physical ailments as a result of spiritual growth? Over the last few months, I have been fortunate to go through some big shifts and have been meditating heavily every day.

Recently, I have been suffering headaches some days. I wonder if this might be a symptom of growth? Or if I do in fact need to see a doctor lol

I am fit and well otherwise :)

Telling you from personal experience, it is possible to contract headaches from spiritual work. Your brain is very sensitive to the energy you are manifesting when you do certain kinds of work. I find it helps to drain your energy into a vessel of some sort so that you have access to it for workings, but don't have it interfere with your daily life.

Don't let the energy build up too much in your vessel though. Otherwise, you'll get all sorts of unwanted visitors like I did. Low-level beings are attracted to high levels of energy because they want to feed and you can't fight them all off.
Old 22-10-2017, 04:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hi
I wondered if its possible to suffer physical ailments as a result of spiritual growth? Over the last few months, I have been fortunate to go through some big shifts and have been meditating heavily every day.

Recently, I have been suffering headaches some days. I wonder if this might be a symptom of growth? Or if I do in fact need to see a doctor lol

can you sense if its energy pushing its way opening your crown and third eye? it could just be that. i know for me that was part of the process.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 22-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
you can keep doubting or google it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=phys... ome&ie=UTF-8

Looked at a few. They all seem to be around the idea "Physical Pains And Their Metaphysical Meanings"

Some of them start with factoids like "Everything on the Physical plane is a manifestation of something on the Metaphysical plane."
so my bull-o-meter starts to flicker. It's a belief but not a fact. You often find this new age stuff starts off like that.

And
When the crown chakra opens or expands it can be an intense and painful experience.- which suggests the process of getting there is being misapplied. I mean, how many people really do this properly? The cheapo methods will probably lead some people into difficulties. How can the crown chakra expand? (wry smile).

The 6th result, fine: "People get headaches for many different reasons, but pain of any kind is always an indication that something is out of balance."

Then you get things like "I don't think every person who experiences a physical illness is experiencing a spiritual awakening. I do think physical symptoms of spiritual awakening are those that have catalyzed a person to seek the deeper reasons why they're experiencing the symptoms, or otherwise explore the meaning of life."
Have a look at that phrase by phrase and it doesn't make sense really. Does the authoress know what a catalyst is? Could be I've misread it of course but... anyway it's highly suggestive for those new into these things.

At least further down she gives the disclaimer "This is not medical advice! In your passionate pursuit of spirit, don't forget to keep your feet on the ground and use common sense. If you're in severe pain or discomfort, for goodness' sake get to a hospital!"

So I still suspect misapplication or simply stress or fatigue of some sort. So the first thing is surely someone looks at the "how" of what they're trying to do. Practices leading to spiritual development can be trying enough without these over-complications!

Is my toothache a manifestation of something on the metaphysical plane?
Old 23-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Looked at a few. They all seem to be around the idea "Physical Pains And Their Metaphysical Meanings"

Some of them start with factoids like "Everything on the Physical plane is a manifestation of something on the Metaphysical plane."
so my bull-o-meter starts to flicker. It's a belief but not a fact. You often find this new age stuff starts off like that.

And
When the crown chakra opens or expands it can be an intense and painful experience.- which suggests the process of getting there is being misapplied. I mean, how many people really do this properly? The cheapo methods will probably lead some people into difficulties. How can the crown chakra expand? (wry smile).

The 6th result, fine: "People get headaches for many different reasons, but pain of any kind is always an indication that something is out of balance."

Then you get things like "I don't think every person who experiences a physical illness is experiencing a spiritual awakening. I do think physical symptoms of spiritual awakening are those that have catalyzed a person to seek the deeper reasons why they're experiencing the symptoms, or otherwise explore the meaning of life."
Have a look at that phrase by phrase and it doesn't make sense really. Does the authoress know what a catalyst is? Could be I've misread it of course but... anyway it's highly suggestive for those new into these things.

At least further down she gives the disclaimer "This is not medical advice! In your passionate pursuit of spirit, don't forget to keep your feet on the ground and use common sense. If you're in severe pain or discomfort, for goodness' sake get to a hospital!"

So I still suspect misapplication or simply stress or fatigue of some sort. So the first thing is surely someone looks at the "how" of what they're trying to do. Practices leading to spiritual development can be trying enough without these over-complications!

Is my toothache a manifestation of something on the metaphysical plane?

Maybe you were eating metaphysical candy. Lol
Old 30-10-2017, 12:40 PM
boshy b. good

There is be much at the table, If i say meditate rest and love - would you try to conquer that, what beats meditation but love, nah nah, what beats rest but eased up rest, what beats love but going through that, full, If you say your head hurts you need spading some stuff, i just said meditate rest and love - that is be spading all that stuff. Can you champ it. When you champ it, you live. That you champ it, you live. It's act up as a champ versus headaches. And you keep that fresh, and you persevere that cover up. And you persevere that cover up. Help.
Old 30-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Suspended
Ascender

That's sooo good, boshy thanks!
Old 31-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Hi

With a huge pinch of salt, yes it's possible.

Spiritual growth changes the brain because it changes the way we think - it's called Neuroplasticity. There you are, walking through Life in a dream and suddenly you wake up, and how you perceive and 'process' reality is very different. The wiring in your brain changes, literally, as the brain starts creating new pathways.

Unfortunately Spirituality doesn't take you away from who and what you are.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Master
It can't hurt seeing a doctor to rule out anything organic.

As the energies shift and move through the body along various neural pathways, it can encounter blockages and resistance caused by emotional and psychosomatic trauma.

Often, there are no ways around this 'traffic jam' and so the energies barge straight through it and the pain is felt when we place our full awareness and resistance to it at the site of the pain.

I know full well that what I am experiencing is a consequence of a 240 volt current trying to pass through a 12 volt fuse and it has made my Manipura Chakra its permanent abode lately.

After weeks of doubling over in agony without any medical cause, I laid down in bed and prayed to Shakti...saying "If this is where you want to go, then go there with my blessing" (as if she needed it).

What followed was the locus of pain shifting up to my third-eye, complete with a hot, stabbing feeling and a feeling of 'creeping skin' across my whole brow region with pressure and ringing in my ears which turned into a roar like a waterfall...and all I could say/think was "I'd rather the pain be there than in my guts" lol

After that, the whole pain/pressure sensation vanished...until the following day when it was just 'rinse and repeat'.