Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Guide
Channelled stuff

Well I love them and hate them. But mostly hate them. Though I have channeled myself.

I grew through the years, and belonged to a spiritualist church. I have had a lot of experiences channeling. It began with writing, then speaking, all forms of healing expression. I wondered, as I progressed, why it was the case that I was not fully taken over.

I was told it was because thing do not work that way anymore. That spirit are teaching people and not simply taking over people. In other words, that spirit was not fully integrating themselves into a being like they did in the 1920/1930s

I have a lady with me who works With me. She integrates with me really well. When I witnessed people channeling in the past, something vibrated through me. It was a sense of wrongness. I have learnt to trust this feeling absolutely. These high and lofty beings express themselves through mediums. What have to gain from them? They are so removed from the earthly realm, even if they are real. Which sometimes I think that they aren't. I have been in the presence of a medium who channeled for real. I could feel the presence come into the circle. Even before she spoke, I knew it was real.

Then another medium supposedly did the same, and it felt all wrong. I believe that the mind and consciousness itself has many levels. It is often the case that a mind can fool itself into believing that it is channeling but instead it is really fooling itself. Every one is so grateful, and the end of such a "channeling", and if I was to stand up and say: "what rubbish." Then I would be branded a .... a what? Insensitive? Less aware? I am thinking of one such person. Actually she is a very lovely lady, and a very sincere spiritualist. She had worked as a medium for many years. So lofty, yet she is a victim of her own self deception. She firmly believes that she is channeling. It is not enough to brand people as either "honest" or "deceptive" because it doesn't always work like that. Spiritualist churches are filled with people with many talents, and there are some real brilliant mediums. Yet there are some who use channeling for their own ends, yet even do not know they are doing it. This is the nub of it really. They firmly believe what they are doing but they have somehow deluded themselves. Can you imagine how many years they have waited? Sat in one circle or another, waiting for that moment when they are able to channel. Yet it does not come and it creates such a conflict in a person's mind that their mind must find some release from the dilemma. They are an in awe of the channelers and love to have the kind of influence they have. All they need to do is speak and every one thinks of them as so wise. Rightfully, often. Some channelers are indeed great souls. Yet there is such a great conflict within the person that sits for so long and is not able to channel. The mind of such a one can not bear that they will never channel. So there mind creates the illusion. It creates the illusion of channeling and then tricks itself into believing it. Of course, the people observing the event understands implicitly that the person that is doing the channeling is honest. This is what tricks them. The person is actually honest yet the event that is happening is false.

If you think this is not possible then you are quite wrong. People every day, in every walk of life trick themselves into believing one thing when deep within them they know it isn't so. Indeed many marriages are built and rely on such self deceptions. Perhaps even our great society itself is built upon our own ability to fool ourselves that people in lofty institutions, that are the very head of them, are such noble creatures and are never wrong. Or perhaps we think the other way. Perhaps we think they are corrupted. It is usually the case that people are a little of both. Politicians and priests (well they are one and the same) you get the gist of what I am saying. People need to be seen to be so noble, and if they are not we cast them down. People are just people though ... neither one or the other.

I welcome your thoughts on the issues I have raised. *gulp

There is another reason why I hate channeling. It establishes authority. I hate it when people quote channeled words and put them in this forum. How is a person meant to go against those words? I mean they are so evidently coming from such a high source of knowledge. How could mere mortals even be contrary to those words. What have I to say about them? How do they relate to me? How can such a lofty person know of the pain and suffering that goes on in this world? It is easy to speak these words about absolute trust and love when they are in such a high and lofty perch. I expect they have no fear of pain and suffering.

After saying this I firmly believe in channeling. I have seen channeling and experienced it myself and know that it is real. So I am not talking from an atheist point of view. When a question is asked in forum like this then I want to listen to real people speaking real views. Not quoting from a so called channeled moment. If I want that all I need to do is read the silver birch books and I will have all the wisdom that I could possibly needs (incidently, of which I know many already know them, they are very good, real channeled works.) However, there is no wiser person than yourself. There is no higher authority than your own self. So start thinking about things and answering in your own words. i would prefer someone to speak absolute rubbish yet speak it from their own self than listen to a thousand quotes from channels.

I think Houdini done more good for spiritualism than anyone else. At least he weeded out the rubbish in his day. Oh, so saith Seth ... wait a min that was not enough. Maybe I need to say it in blue writing. So saith Seth ... maybe in pretty blue writing it will look even more authoritative.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 01-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Master

Maybe the real problem is the preconceived notion some us us have that the source is somehow higher or better than our own thinking and intuition? I know I tend to give away my power like this to channeling. It's almost like a default setting!

There is some channeled information I find quite valuable and helpful and other that is easy to ignore. I know there was one fellow in the last few months who publicly announced he had been misled or some such. I guess he thought he was channeling and discovered his source wasn't what he thought it was. I'm sure that was embarrassing for him and he seemed to have a lot of followers. I guess I was relieved to have read his material and decided it wasn't for me.

Maybe the proof is in the pudding. Does this information help me or not? Am I getting results? No? Then maybe time to move on. Yes? Don't throw out common sense.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:40 AM
arrive-becomer

Everything the mind does is a trick of sorts. Channeling is always a trick, of course it's quite obviously from the imagination.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 AM
silent whisper

Well I can only share my first channelling that occured recently....

I wasnt planning my connection at all..didnt set out to chanel, just opened alligned and occured all in the space of two days and five connections as one. I was actually having a spirit guide reading done for myself by someone here. As he initiated a way in which I could meet my spirit guide, I found myself go off on my own into spaces that began to appear to me in my awareness....As I allowed myself to go with all that was appearing to me, I found myself connect to a form with one distinguishing point on his body...his shoes.

At that time that was all I saw. I came back to the space with the one guiding me and shared what I experienced..

The next day I was in chat with someone who I have not connected to in a long while..I knew she was in grief and mourning the loss of a young man she was close to, who had committed suicide....As we talked I began to receive messages that at some point connected her to her friend who had recently died. In that moment of connection, I was able to channel him, feel him, feel his pain in me. As a clear conduit now I can hold other peoples pain and distinguish what is theres...In our share I began to share with her his pain and his concern for her in her grief..She asked me many questions and I was able to provide her with answers from him, with both clear answers,understanding of his pain and where and how he was now..In this moment I felt her shift, something lifted in her grief..so in my eyes of this moment, I can only hold both compassion and support, understanding and a deep respect for this gift that entered my space to give to another...in their time of grief.

I did not know this young man...but in that moment I felt like I did...so if it happens again...I feel very blessed to share with someone in need.

dont forget in your questioning...that everything shared offers something for someone...just because you deem something lofty, it might not be for you...but who are we to take away anything shared...when there are so many who wish to share in that sharing...

The beauty of language is that it is as unique to the beauty of each one of us...channelled or not...its all one..for someone.

Oh yeah those shoes I saw were in fact a link to bring that connection with her into being...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
Maybe the proof is in the pudding. Does this information help me or not? Am I getting results? No? Then maybe time to move on. Yes? Don't throw out common sense.

It seems the goal should be to be at peace. That's what makes sense for me. I'm not concerned with acquiring some bit of information which will
assist me in attaining an object or possession which will provide me with happiness, or facillitate in gaining 'fulfillment'. The goal is to be "at peace".
If the results (of a channeling session) don't engender an "inner joyousness", then why am I partaking of that pudding?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
It seems the goal should be to be at peace.
Those are exactly the kind of results I'm talking about!

There is one channeled group I hold in high esteem. They have helped me immensely in clearing emotional wounds for example. So much so I can feel the difference in my body and in my emotions and emotional reactions. This is the kind of proof in the pudding I am talking about.

There are others who have done me no harm but neither have they helped. Nothing wrong with them and others might be uplifted or helped but it's just not connecting with me.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Well I can only share my first channelling that occured recently....

I wasnt planning my connection at all..didnt set out to chanel, just opened alligned and occured all in the space of two days and five connections as one. I was actually having a spirit guide reading done for myself by someone here. As he initiated a way in which I could meet my spirit guide, I found myself go off on my own into spaces that began to appear to me in my awareness....As I allowed myself to go with all that was appearing to me, I found myself connect to a form with one distinguishing point on his body...his shoes.

At that time that was all I saw. I came back to the space with the one guiding me and shared what I experienced..

The next day I was in chat with someone who I have not connected to in a long while..I knew she was in grief and mourning the loss of a young man she was close to, who had committed suicide....As we talked I began to receive messages that at some point connected her to her friend who had recently died. In that moment of connection, I was able to channel him, feel him, feel his pain in me. As a clear conduit now I can hold other peoples pain and distinguish what is theres...In our share I began to share with her his pain and his concern for her in her grief..She asked me many questions and I was able to provide her with answers from him, with both clear answers,understanding of his pain and where and how he was now..In this moment I felt her shift, something lifted in her grief..so in my eyes of this moment, I can only hold both compassion and support, understanding and a deep respect for this gift that entered my space to give to another...in their time of grief.

I did not know this young man...but in that moment I felt like I did...so if it happens again...I feel very blessed to share with someone in need.

dont forget in your questioning...that everything shared offers something for someone...just because you deem something lofty, it might not be for you...but who are we to take away anything shared...when there are so many who wish to share in that sharing...

The beauty of language is that it is as unique to the beauty of each one of us...channelled or not...its all one..for someone.

Oh yeah those shoes I saw were in fact a link to bring that connection with her into being...

I know that experience. It is very meaningful and helps others a lot. Often this happens just as you have said your post. I believe you will have other such moments in the future, and with them other opportunities to heal others through your gift.

Every gift seems to me to be one gift. The gift of healing. The one gift, which is the gift of healing manifests in multiple, even infinite ways. We are presented with a fresh opportunity through the healing process to merge our being with not only the one who undergoes the healing, also with the spirit helper who is merging their being with ours. Through the two way merging the third (the one being healed) is able to be healed, and through that process the three way process is complete.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
Those are exactly the kind of results I'm talking about!

There is one channeled group I hold in high esteem. They have helped me immensely in clearing emotional wounds for example. So much so I can feel the difference in my body and in my emotions and emotional reactions. This is the kind of proof in the pudding I am talking about.

There are others who have done me no harm but neither have they helped. Nothing wrong with them and others might be uplifted or helped but it's just not connecting with me.

It is something which I recognise too.

Saint Jerome.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ademkade
Then another medium supposedly did the same, and it felt all wrong. I believe that the mind and consciousness itself has many levels. It is often the case that a mind can fool itself into believing that it is channeling but instead it is really fooling itself.

Perhaps the medium was indeed channelling and it felt wrong because of the spirit she was channelling.

I still believe that like attracts like whether on earth or away from earth. It is why there are warnings about using devices like the Ouija board: like attracts like.