Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 19-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Guide
Where do I start?

Hello, I am just starting to get into Wicca and wanting to become an Eclectic Wiccan and was wondering where do I start? I have no idea where to start now.
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.

Old 19-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Lepus

Hello OctoberSky,

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberSky
Hello, I am just starting to get into Wicca and wanting to become an Eclectic Wiccan and was wondering where do I start? I have no idea where to start now.

I started by reading this blog "Wicca for the Rest of Us." I bought the four books recommended for beginners. Also, there is information under this subforum (Wicca) too; many have asked the same question as you did.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 04-11-2016, 02:06 AM
Pathfinder

eclectic wiccans can't really start anywhere. You gotta be already like halfway finished filling out your eharmony profile before you can even get that 2 stroke go ped to purr like a boss hoss. Some initiates also just study youtube videos of marty mcfly skateboarding to school to the tune of "power of love". It is highly recommended that you sing along or the spheres won't be able to vibrate at your specific frickin gangsta frequencies.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone0728
eclectic wiccans can't really start anywhere. You gotta be already like halfway finished filling out your eharmony profile before you can even get that 2 stroke go ped to purr like a boss hoss. Some initiates also just study youtube videos of marty mcfly skateboarding to school to the tune of "power of love". It is highly recommended that you sing along or the spheres won't be able to vibrate at your specific frickin gangsta frequencies.

Ummm, what?
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberSky

Hello October Sky

I recommend; A Practical Guide to Witchcraft and Magick Spells by Cassandra Eason
Old 04-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Master
My advice, OctoberSky, is to ignore books -they are merely opinions of other people. Wicca and the deeper levels are all accented to Nature and that it where you begin. Immerse yourself in Nature until you become part of it. Find somewhere that strikes a chord with you and become part of it yourself. Think of this as Wicca 101. This phase can last a long time [ decades in my case ] but it is very satisfying. Many of us begin in Wicca but then take off for deeper levels, some for Traditional Witchcraft, some for the older ways like mine - Cunning Craft - the deepest immersion possible.
Think of it as a journey with no ending, it lasts a lifetime.

Wicca and the rest are not based on knowledge but are experiential, emotional, empathetic.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:02 AM
Master

Eclectic Wicca takes bits and pieces from all the different traditions of Wicca. So, to be able to do that you need to study, research and understand the many diverse strands and paths of Wicca. Here are a few:- Gardnerian Wicca, Alexandrian Wicca, Faery Wicca, Dianic, Georgian, Sacred Wheel, Seax and Circle Wicca etc. And then there's the practice of Witchcraft.

To study each and every one will take a long time but if you want to pick and choose what you like from each one and then incorporate those bits and pieces into a practice that you can work successfully then that's what you're going to have to do. Some people just take parts of one or two traditions and make do with that.