Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 08-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Lepus

Book1 Hermetic Principles

Hello,

Just recently finished reading a chapter on "The Theory of Magick." The Seven Hermetic Principles, upon which the entire Hermetic Philosophy is based, are as follows:

• The Principle of Mentalism - “THE ALL IS MIND; The Universe is Mental.”–The Kybalion.
  • The Principle of Correspondence - “As above, so below; as below, so above.”–The Kybalion.
  • The Principle of Vibration - “Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.”–The Kybalion.
  • The Principle of Polarity - “Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.”–The Kybalion.
  • The Principle of Rhythm - “Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates.”–The Kybalion.
  • The Principle of Cause and Effect - “Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law.”–The Kybalion.
  • The Principle of Gender - “Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on all planes.”–The Kybalion.“

There are some principles still in need of comprehension to fully understand the meaning behind them, but for the most part I know most of them. Do any of you fully grasp these Hermetic Key principles? Here's a link for more information: The Seven Hermetic Key Principles
It is my understanding that this information holds the answers to unlocking the theory behind magick.

Blessed be,
Lepus

Last edited by Lepus : 08-10-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:00 AM
Pathfinder

Those are the principles that teach you the impossible origin of "magick". The seven principles all attempt to help you understand that magic to be magic has to come from a place in your mind or whatever that doesn't actually exist to the part of your brain butt that begins the intention to create magic. So your dumb brain gotta be like "I want Magic!". Then your crazy cranial cap gotta be all like "Who friggin said that?". That's when You gotta be all like "Oh ya I remember I didn't really want magic I wanted a girlfriend." At which point your power phallus will disown you in favor of hopping trains with dudes named Straight Jacket Juno all the way to New Orleans. Probably gonna be a Willy wonka boat ride in there somewhere too. Good for us though Justin Bieber has approved all those who enjoy their looks to love themselves.