Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Master
Getting angry too easily

Lately I’ve been getting angry more easily, blowing up at the drop of a hat, like the straw that broke the camels back is every single thing happening around me, and I lose it every time. It certainly doesn’t look very spiritually accomplished, and yet I’ve been working so hard for so long at this spiritual journey. The only hope I have is that this is just a phase, that the anger was being suppressed before, or not clearly perceived and acknowledged, and how can I heal if I don’t take off the anger brakes at some point?

I found this online, someone describing this sort of thing, and she seems to put it more clearly than me:

Quote:
After a recent retreat, I suddenly noticed I had a lot of negativities.
I was snappy and impatient. I was resentful, jealous of others, and convinced of my own inadequacy. I got angry at my partner over trivial things, and easily fell into depression when something didn’t go right.
I felt like a total fraud. What was I doing, living at a spiritual center and practicing so intensely, and yet acting like a selfish idiot most of the time? Where did all my progress go?
What I actually was (and am) is human.
None of these flaws are anything new. When I look closer, all these behaviors are all too familiar. I just didn’t have the awareness to perceive them, or the maturity to work with them.
Eventually, nothing can be swept under the rug. At certain times, when you don’t have enough perspective to work with them, difficult emotions and negativities might be suppressed. You can make progress upwards—developing your best qualities and reaching higher states of consciousness—without really confronting the lower levels of the personality.
Once you’ve expanded to a certain level, you have enough awareness to give space to your negative tendencies, to witness them without following or identifying with them. It’s at this point that you can look at yourself with radical honesty and say, “Wow, there’s a lot of anger here.”
This is a huge step up from either flying into a rage or thinking, “Oh no, I’m an angry person and I shouldn’t feel like this.”
Now, you can really start working with the parts of yourself you aren’t comfortable with. The fact that you can see them more clearly is a sign that you’re ready.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Lately I’ve been getting angry more easily, blowing up at the drop of a hat, like the straw that broke the camels back is every single thing happening around me, and I lose it every time. It certainly doesn’t look very spiritually accomplished, and yet I’ve been working so hard for so long at this spiritual journey. The only hope I have is that this is just a phase, that the anger was being suppressed before, or not clearly perceived and acknowledged, and how can I heal if I don’t take off the anger brakes at some point?

I found this online, someone describing this sort of thing, and she seems to put it more clearly than me:

Sounds to me like you are attaching to what you define as spiritual so much that you deny what you define as not spiritual, like anger. This is impossible (to avoid that which isn't spiritual( because life is spiritual)) so you end up blowing up because the anger grows and grows the more you try to suppress it.

Its been said a million times before (if you would only follow a teacher), feel your feelings. Bring awareness to them, without detachment or attachment.
--

Also, what makes you think that you are deserving of what you have worked for so long for?

Some people train their mind for 1 year and attain what takes another 10 years of dedicated practice.

Trying hard, or the length of time attempting, is not a way to measure what we should be expecting.

We can never expect spiritual results. We have to keep working and working, working so hard we forget what we are working towards, then we MAYBE will taste it.

the longer you expect "well, I've been working XX long so I should have XX" the more you will become disappointed and depressed. Worse, you could become irritable and hurt others, wrecking whatever spiritual progress you may have gained up to that point.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:30 AM
Master
Quote:

You are being challenged by the Universe...by the very spiritual progress that you have attained and the more you attain, the more you'll be challenged until you realise just to let it all go...just be aware of it and not react to it, because that's the test. To surrender...relinquish whatever 'control' you believe to have over any given situation.

It takes a lot to get me angry...little frustrations that just add up and add up...at first, I pay it no heed, resting in my 'inner peace'...then these 'demons' (if you'd like to label it as such) try a different tact and approach to annoy me...I pay it no heed, resting in my 'inner peace'...but after like the fiftieth time, I explode BIG TIME...there's only so much I can take.

Mostly it happens because we have been ignoring signs given to us when we KNOW they are there, what the Universe is saying and what it means, but we choose to ignore it because it is 'inconvenient' or we are trying to 'exert our own will' or because we think we just know better than God in a total act of egoic hubris...and then, my friend, the annoyance becomes relentless until you give up and say "okay, you win...kill me...see if I care!"

I posted a story about this online yesterday as I was totally ropable at God, but that NEEDED to happen so that I could love Him more:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=18

You may understand it now and yes, still on the internet. lol
Old 04-12-2017, 03:19 PM
Kioma

Anger is a defense and/or a means of control.

There are many stories about people who suddenly find themselves in danger, and their reaction is... anger. This is natural. It's the 'fight' part of 'fight or flight'. It is a huge emotional and physiological jolt that can help us in certain threatening situations.

There are also those people who abuse anger, who consciously or unconsciously use it to try to dominate, manipulate, coerce, bully, or for any egoistic purpose.

Of course there can be a lot of gray area, but understanding anger leads inevitably to this realization. If you ever hear someone saying words to the effect of "I can't give up anger because then I'd be weak" then it becomes blatantly obvious how this person's perceptions about anger are creating the difficulties they are experiencing with anger. In essence, they are addicted to anger because they don't really believe in themselves. They believe to be effective they need a big emotional stick to wield over others.

This can be caused by many things, most commonly just being overwhelmend by life. Having grown up with abusive parents is another very common reason. They learned and have used this one crutch over the years so much, they feel neither able nor motivated to grow into a better way - but they do pay the price through their constant alienation of the people close to them, who will inevitably find themselves on the receiving end, sooner or later.

It is a very common problem.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Ascender

Quote:
how can I heal if I don’t take off the anger brakes at some point?

:

Take off the anger brakes,,its part of the process,when you release you make room for more......more of what?? that's up to you,but what happened when I released my anger,the space where the anger was ahide was filled with spirit/love/energy/God.

releasing the anger to other people is a waste of time because of karma and reflected anger.....Do it alone and really go for it
Old 04-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Master
Yeah, as others have said you've just got to let yourself feel the anger (I feel a bit like Emperor Palpatine saying things like that, but never mind). Whatever you're feeling, it's valid and you're feeling it for a reason, so don't tell yourself you shouldn't feel it because that will only invite repression - and what you resist, persists. Try to avoid REACTING from a place of anger, because that'll only create negative consequences down the line, but instead bring your awareness to how it feels in your body - notice specifically where you're feeling tension, and allow the tension to release (don't resist it, that only reinfores it). Mindfulness and patience are key, because the anger likely isn't going to dissipate overnight.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
Take off the anger brakes,,its part of the process,when you release you make room for more......more of what?? that's up to you,but what happened when I released my anger,the space where the anger was ahide was filled with spirit/love/energy/God.

releasing the anger to other people is a waste of time because of karma and reflected anger.....Do it alone and really go for it

that has been my experience as well.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 05-12-2017, 01:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Mine too.

I'll never show my anger in front of others, but when I'm alone, I'll go for it, only to be filled with peace/love/light/God once it is all out of my system.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by running

I think we got the same Instruction Manual.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Knower

Regardless of how advanced you may be on your spiritual journey,
you are still experiencing life through your human form.
Meaning, that regardless of renouncing our physical/emotional/mental
bodies & planes of existence, we still navigate through life within
these vessels.

So, it is important to spend time clearing these vessels /chakras in order
to reach peak performance.

You do not need to identify with these emotions, but you need to spend
time with them and analyze the underlying reasons for their existence.