Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 01-12-2017, 05:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Dont let them grind you down brothers and sisters and if you can be bothered stand up against them for individual choice where ever they attempt to suppress you with thier smears. Or they will take over the world and us mamby pamby liberals will be the first to the wall. Maybe its too late. Maybe they have already taken over. Certainly seems so here.
Hear the battle cry, all ye Neo-Advaita followers! It's time to take up arms and fight those TA infidels!

The time for all those Satanic, false believers is over! They don't have dominance over our 'free thinking' anymore. A new era is here! Those who will not adapt or change to our way of thinking are the enemy!

Heed the call dear ones! You are either with us or against us, there's no compromise, no room for tolerance of any 'outdated belief system'. March on ye brothers and sisters and hold the banner of "there's nobody here who is fighting anyone" high!

Meanwhile, all the TA's will hold up their placards:

Yep, when Bhairava wants to come out and play, there's just no stopping Him. =/

...and no, you don't want to encourage Him either, please trust me on this.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Hear the battle cry, all ye Neo-Advaita followers! It's time to take up arms and fight those TA infidels!

The time for all those Satanic, false believers is over! They don't have dominance over our 'free thinking' anymore. A new era is here! Those who will not adapt or change to our way of thinking are the enemy!

Heed the call dear ones! You are either with us or against us, there's no compromise, no room for tolerance of any 'outdated belief system'. March on ye brothers and sisters and hold the banner of "there's nobody here who is fighting anyone" high!

Meanwhile, all the TA's will hold up their placards:

Yep, when Bhairava wants to come out and play, there's just no stopping Him. =/

...and no, you don't want to encourage Him either, please trust me on this.

Yes you don't like it when the spotlight you turn on others is turned on you. Suck it up and reflect on your neurotic resistance to new ideas when it stoops to character condemnation.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Master
Okay, the spotlight is on me now, cool. Tell me when you'd like me to start performing for you, because you know, as they say in show biz, 'you ain't seen nothing yet'. =)

Quote:
Give up trying to control it.The Genie is out of the bottle. Your way is not the only way anymore.

Oh hell, let's just let the genie out then. I shall step aside and stop trying to 'control it'.

Hah!

So, others have told you that you are lacking and incomplete and so you seek to apply a band-aid over this festering wound that is eating your soul eh?

It is evident from all the pus that it is draining out all over this forum.

You're still caught up within the duality of 'new vs old' ... 'us vs them'...'my way or highway' and the fact you are seeking support and 'agreement' just goes to show how insecure and insincere you are within. Stop fooling yourself!

I don't care whether you find this 'abusive' or not because if I really wanted to abuse you, you'd know about it and before you say I am projecting...I AM the projection, that part of yourself you are terrified to face and so you hide behind the mask thinking you're all that - well, I have big news for you - you're not. Others may disagree, but I don't care about that either.

Stop playing games and get real and stop making excuses not to confront your deepest fears, placating your ego by saying "I am Oneness, so I don't have to deal with it" or would you like me to kiss your ars...I mean, ego and make it all better?

Before you comment, realise one thing. You're not speaking to Shivani anymore, so come at me 'bro.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Okay, the spotlight is on me now, cool. Tell me when you'd like me to start performing for you, because you know, as they say in show biz, 'you ain't seen nothing yet'. =)

Oh hell, let's just let the genie out then. I shall step aside and stop trying to 'control it'.

Hah!

So, others have told you that you are lacking and incomplete and so you seek to apply a band-aid over this festering wound that is eating your soul eh?

It is evident from all the pus that it is draining out all over this forum.

You're still caught up within the duality of 'new vs old' ... 'us vs them'...'my way or highway' and the fact you are seeking support and 'agreement' just goes to show how insecure and insincere you are within. Stop fooling yourself!

I don't care whether you find this 'abusive' or not because if I really wanted to abuse you, you'd know about it and before you say I am projecting...I AM the projection, that part of yourself you are terrified to face and so you hide behind the mask thinking you're all that - well, I have big news for you - you're not. Others may disagree, but I don't care about that either.

Stop playing games and get real and stop making excuses not to confront your deepest fears, placating your ego by saying "I am Oneness, so I don't have to deal with it" or would you like me to kiss your ars...I mean, ego and make it all better?

Before you comment, realise one thing. You're not speaking to Shivani anymore, so come at me 'bro.

Yes you dont like it when your character comments are turned back on you but thats where its going until you revert back to discussion of the issues. Meanwhile continue your tantrum, throwing your toys out the pram, because free thinking and exploration has dared to offer an alternative to your precious totalitarian tradition.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Master

Dear me. What is going on here? It is like children squabbling in the playground - "My non-dualism is better than your non-dualism"! In fact, it is a great illustration of duality at work (or should that be duality at play?).

So Iamit is saying that Neo-Advaitism is free-thinking and explorative (despite the fact that no thinking is required and there is nothing to explore). And traditional Advaita is totalitarian - presumably in the sense that no alternative opinions are permitted. Opinions are just thoughts, and as Ramana Maharshi said "You can only stop the flow of thoughts by refusing to have any interest in it."

And RM also says:

The ultimate Truth is so simple. It is nothing more than being in the pristine state. This is all that need be said. Still, it is a wonder that to teach this simple Truth there should come into being so many religions, creeds, methods and disputes among them and so on! Oh the pity! Oh the pity!

Peace.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Dear me. What is going on here? It is like children squabbling in the playground - "My non-dualism is better than your non-dualism"! In fact, it is a great illustration of duality at work (or should that be duality at play?).

So Iamit is saying that Neo-Advaitism is free-thinking and explorative (despite the fact that no thinking is required and there is nothing to explore). And traditional Advaita is totalitarian - presumably in the sense that no alternative opinions are permitted. Opinions are just thoughts, and as Ramana Maharshi said "You can only stop the flow of thoughts by refusing to have any interest in it."

And RM also says:

The ultimate Truth is so simple. It is nothing more than being in the pristine state. This is all that need be said. Still, it is a wonder that to teach this simple Truth there should come into being so many religions, creeds, methods and disputes among them and so on! Oh the pity! Oh the pity!

Peace.
We could also say that Traditional Advaita is totalitarian, in that Brahman Absolute is the totality within itself and anybody who seeks to understand this, must become a totalitarian.

Brahman is Advaita itself - one without second and the non-duality that is beyond 'past', 'present' and 'future' with regards to it's own non-existence.

As for children squabbling, I agree but if ego-bear is poked hard and for long enough, ego-bear gonna bite and devour said poker whole, without mercy. Other than that, I'm pretty much beyond all that stuff now.

It's also not so much a question of free-thought, but free-will and some peoples obsession with entitlement and personal rights to the detriment of the personal rights of others and seeking to have a combatant viewpoint on everything out there, just because they can and have the said 'free will' to do so and for no other reason. It is democracy gone crazy within its own democratic process.

However, all of us are grown adults here and we also have the 'right' to do whatever we like, even if others wouldn't necessarily do the same thing. If a person actually enjoys bashing their head against a wall, yet complains about the subsequent headaches, all we can do is say 'have fun bashing your head against the wall, mate. cya'
Old 03-12-2017, 07:06 AM
Master

Quote:
We could also say that Traditional Advaita is totalitarian, in that Brahman Absolute is the totality within itself and anybody who seeks to understand this, must become a totalitarian.

Brahman is Advaita itself - one without second and the non-duality that is beyond 'past', 'present' and 'future' with regards to it's own non-existence.

As for children squabbling, I agree but if ego-bear is poked hard and for long enough, ego-bear gonna bite and devour said poker whole, without mercy. Other than that, I'm pretty much beyond all that stuff now.

It's also not so much a question of free-thought, but free-will and some peoples obsession with entitlement and personal rights to the detriment of the personal rights of others and seeking to have a combatant viewpoint on everything out there, just because they can and have the said 'free will' to do so and for no other reason. It is democracy gone crazy within its own democratic process.

However, all of us are grown adults here and we also have the 'right' to do whatever we like, even if others wouldn't necessarily do the same thing. If a person actually enjoys bashing their head against a wall, yet complains about the subsequent headaches, all we can do is say 'have fun bashing your head against the wall, mate. cya'

Someone who believes that practise suits them is not a totaltarian. They become a totaltarian when they insist that practise must apply to everyone.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Someone who believes that practise suits them is not a totaltarian. They become a totaltarian when they insist that practise must apply to everyone.
Do you insist that NA should apply to all the TA people?
Old 03-12-2017, 07:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Do you insist that NA should apply to all the TA people?

Absolutely not. I have said repeatedly that one size does not fit all. That it depends on the character to decide what suits them, That there is a place for both TA and NA. That is the opposite of totalitarian.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Absolutely not. I have said repeatedly that one size does not fit all. That it depends on the character to decide what suits them, That there is a place for both TA and NA. That is the opposite of totalitarian.
Then, why do you say that TA people are 'resistant to change' in that it's something they 'must' do, instead of existing within your words, within your own realisation that 'one size does not fit all?'