Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Experiencer
Life as it happens

In our default, narrative oriented, intellect and memory, we tend to think of ourselves in terms of horizontal time-lines which stretch back through the past and forwards towards the future. Each line drags its extended past-self around with it. Each line is separate.

On inspection this can be seen to be a misapprehension - created by and sustained in the mind. Presently - in exactly THIS… NOW… this horizontal time-line version of you has no actual existence (though the mind may insist that it has*.) Instead, the semblance of a ‘you’ that can be found is simultaneous with everything (it’s in this sense that we can frame the concept of no-self), there is no separate, fragmentary, horizontally-extended ‘you’. There is THIS - yes, exactly THIS in which the ‘activity’ of a body-mind-personality (the ‘you’ of thought) is co-arising and is co-existent with the Totality.

When we give up pretending that anything but the present is real - when we stop investing in an imaginary past and future fantasies - we become consciously aligned with the ineffable intelligence of Life as it happens - and from here it may dawn that this (THIS) is all there is.

* This is not to deny that forms have a history, a past-story.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Master

On the same reasoning, is there no space, are there no planes of existence?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
On the same reasoning, is there no space, are there no planes of existence?

Hello Inavalan

Whether they exist or not doesn’t concern me here - I’m not making a claim about the ontological nature of time or any other such narratives. This is about a felt-sense realisation that anyone can (at least) get a taste of - actually, every little child already knows this (but can’t yet articulate it) and as they grow they become conditioned out of it.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:45 AM
Master

Can we take it to mean by what you say that in a continuum of consciousness renewal without memory drawn perception, interpretation, anticipation or colouration we be fully present as a pristine awareness simply flowing unresistant & unclinging in the everlasting now?

Or in other words ... a continuum of meditation

Old 06-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Or in other words ... a continuum of meditation

When we are deeply present with - and awake to - the actuality of what is - as it is - we may begin to see through our limited identified state and recognise that right now there is nothing… but everything - the ineffable singularity which pervades all things. This realisation is ‘experiential’ not intellectual - it’s a felt-sense, a living truth. It’s here, now, this… without a second. The mind overlooks or over analyses it. Come out of mind/intellect and here it is - it’s already the case. It can’t be reduced to, or represented by, symbols, concepts or ideas it has to be realised (actualised/lived) now… and now.

This actualisation could, indeed, be referred to as a continuum of meditation.

Thanks.