Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Scattered Sheep

Sometimes you go to go right to the source!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep

in my experience The Source is felt by the individual and it's very personal and unique. one can filter ones relationship w/ The Source through the concepts of some ancient strangers but i fail to see any advantage to that practice. in fact, i've found it very advantageous to wipe my concept slate as clean as possible so to allow "God" the space to write upon it for me.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
THE TRUTH?
I decided that although men can be liars, Yahweh* does not lie. So I decided to put my trust in His word, the Scriptures (Bible).
His word - perhaps - deciphered/written down by man, i.e. potential "liars". With countless editing, transciptions and versions over the centuries....you never questioned this? For instance, what may have been left out with each editing, which part embellished? This matters not to you? As a truth seeker, I find it highly problematic.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:00 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Sheep ... you don't appear to respond to responses with any personal insight or individuality, just blocks of text cut and pasted from the Bible. i mean, so what? anyone can do that.
There's a reason for that...he's a sheep! This is the sad thing about those who are so committed to their creed; I find that they tend to cease questioning, i.e. thinking for themselves and merely act as a go-between to pass on their chosen text that they think is the one truth.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:02 PM
amy green

Unhappy

Quote:
Assuming the source (bible) is pure, untainted, i.e. not meddled with over the centuries! Sadly not the case.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Assuming the source (bible) is pure, untainted, i.e. not meddled with over the centuries! Sadly not the case.

and, of course, there can't have been any cultural or personal bias written into those YHWH inspired words. right?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Scattered Sheep

You will never see truth unless you follow truth.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Master
Sheep? do you ever really read what others post? do you ever pause in your certainty and consider that the view to Truth that others see may be just as valid to them as yours is to you?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:59 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
You will never see truth unless you follow truth.
And you think no-one else has found truth? Oh, I forgot ... your truth is the only truth you recognise. The rest of us are "the fallen" - silly me for feeling blessed anyway right?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Scattered Sheep

I read other posts all the time and examine them with Scripture, if they line up ok if not I put them in light of Scripture.