Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 09-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
I have tondisagree about the ever-changing rules. There is a couole rules. Love god. Love yourself. Love your significant other.

Love- respect, honor their choices, whatever

Those don't necessarily make twin flames.

There are many millions of older couples in the world who've spent their lives together to become happily inseparable and as as-one. Whether they love God or not isn't my business but - they'd never think of themselves as twin flames.

Problem comes when you use a construct like "love". Every person in the world has their own idea about what love should be / is etc. So one person's love may not be that of another. Best to be more specific. I often hear this "love yourself" thing but can't work out what it means. I'm at peace with my modus operandi; I appreciate what I know of my Self (though don't pretend to know it in entirety) and hope that's good enough!
Old 09-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Master
@Mysticrose37: yes i feel very similar, in my case TF is my type and at the same time not my type in some things that are mental/ideologies and this make me drive mad. Also my TF isn't anymore fooled by my "somewhat" innocent physical side of me, he is (probably) the only one along with my mom that knows how i'm in reality. It's really hard because i have parallel thoughts of TF and this soulmate at the same time, really annoying. I think more about this new person lately feeling happy BUT TF comes like a intrusive thought or like "hey i'm here don't forget me".
@Lorelyen, i envy you don't have a TF, at least you don't have these little buggers from the 5D ! I think both TF, even if one doesn't follow the TF doctrine, they should feel it's the right time to unite and get rid of many many issues that make the connection really difficult. There are case where TFs are united in real life and that is because they both worked it out and finally were ready for the union.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:15 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
Thank you for all your replies
@Angel44, i don't really get what you mean sorry, could you please explain it better ?

I'm sorry, I meant to quote what Lorelyn wrote. She doesn't understand the TF relationship, yet she tries to give advice using the worldly relationship paradigm which is not going to apply. The TF relationship is SPIRITUAL period. The relationship cannot be rationalized using the carnal mind....it's impossible.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Those don't necessarily make twin flames.

There are many millions of older couples in the world who've spent their lives together to become happily inseparable and as as-one. Whether they love God or not isn't my business but - they'd never think of themselves as twin flames.

They don't think of themselves as twin flames because they are NOT twin flames. A successful long term worldly marriage does not make a couple into twin flames. You will never get it because you're not a TF.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:13 AM
Knower

That is the truth. And yes, the extreme emotions rip you apart. The rage that triggers you and the persistent strong emotions are foreign to me, seem dysfunctional, but have proven to be utterly unavoidable, and that's at a distance (!). I often feel extreme anger and attachment with my spouse at times (we've spent half our lives together), but it's nothing remotely the same. Like comparing a tame campfire you observe with a fire that burns you to ashes.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:03 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldlf16
That is the truth. And yes, the extreme emotions rip you apart. The rage that triggers you and the persistent strong emotions are foreign to me, seem dysfunctional, but have proven to be utterly unavoidable, and that's at a distance (!). I often feel extreme anger and attachment with my spouse at times (we've spent half our lives together), but it's nothing remotely the same. Like comparing a tame campfire you observe with a fire that burns you to ashes.

Great explanation of difference in regards twin flames & a relationship that is not t.f.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Knower

I think the hate stems from perceived rejection, don't you? Or not being fully accepted. Although my buttons definitely get pushed. The anger almost takes you over. React rationally? lol. Ok. Good luck with that. I have lashed out with 1000 lashes. Little is rational. I often feel guided or compelled. And I don't understand why the back-and-forth doesn't erode the magnetism either. It seems to just settle in, and to grow. I'm trying to move on but with the realization that I'll likely be dragging my empty self along as I go with little hope of mending soon. It all seems to me to come from another place, and I often feel like it's not a good one. so yes, love and hate.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel44
They don't think of themselves as twin flames because they are NOT twin flames. A successful long term worldly marriage does not make a couple into twin flames. You will never get it because you're not a TF.

maybe that's the key right there. True Twin Flames are indeed in a long term happy marriage/relationship (not every marriage is a TF flame, true), but just are not discussing it on the forums, because nobody is "running" and the relationship is full of love and respect for each other. Why announce your TF status if your connection is so good anyway?
Old 10-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel44
I'm sorry, I meant to quote what Lorelyn wrote. She doesn't understand the TF relationship, yet she tries to give advice using the worldly relationship paradigm which is not going to apply. The TF relationship is SPIRITUAL period. The relationship cannot be rationalized using the carnal mind....it's impossible.

You can't just slap a TF label on any disfunctional relationship, call it spiritual and claim that people don't understand it. Maybe it's healthier to remove the TF label to see things clear for the first time.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Knower

I think both of those points can be valid, depending on the thread. This was my point in another thread- that dysfunctional relationships are validated with this speak. I also think regular rules do not apply to some energetic connections and people don't get it.
But I saw love/hate and immediately related. And it's a theme you see a lot here with some people who show up trying to figure something out.