Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 10-04-2016, 06:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Was I lucid dreaming?

Last night I felt when I started to rise from my body. Like some force was pulling me out. It has happened to me couple of times earlier but I was so scared about it that I ended up back in my body. This time I decided to go along and see where I end up and I saw beautiful lights while I was flying somewhere. I ended up exploring different places in my dream, fully aware that I'm dreaming. I could fly and change the place if I didn't want to be in it. But I didn't have any control over the place where I wanted to go. I just decided where I wanted to fly and when I arrived, the place seemed totally random to me. I also wanted to go see one person and all I could do is talk to couple of his friends.

So could anyone explain what I experienced? Do you always have full control in the lucid dream or is it something that increases when you get more experienced?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vividos
Last night I felt when I started to rise from my body. Like some force was pulling me out. It has happened to me couple of times earlier but I was so scared about it that I ended up back in my body. This time I decided to go along and see where I end up and I saw beautiful lights while I was flying somewhere. I ended up exploring different places in my dream, fully aware that I'm dreaming. I could fly and change the place if I didn't want to be in it. But I didn't have any control over the place where I wanted to go. I just decided where I wanted to fly and when I arrived, the place seemed totally random to me. I also wanted to go see one person and all I could do is talk to couple of his friends.
So could anyone explain what I experienced?
This IS lucid dreaming. All it takes is an awareness that you are dreaming while you are still dreaming. Its possible that the first part about rising out of the body was a failed OBE (astral travel) that you got scared of and decided to dream instead. IMO most likely all dreaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vividos
Do you always have full control in the lucid dream or is it something that increases when you get more experienced?
Full control is an advanced skill that does get better with practice. Only a minority of lucid dreamers have this extra skill. It has to be specifically consciously invoked during the dream episode otherwise the dream carries on according to its own flow (whether or not you are lucid).

FYI there are several other advanced skills that can be developed, look for them in other threads on the forums.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks wstein :) Somehow I thought that you can control your lucid dream right from the beginning but good to know that it's not that simple.