Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Gee guy, I was just trying to talk about things like fundamentalism with you as it relates to the thread since you know something about it. Why are you always so defensive?

Of which i have been discussing with you.
I am only defensive when i feel threatened, and since mid 2008 i no longer feel threatened in conversations, online or off.

This is the issue i raised..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
We're very happy for you that it works for you, but stop trying to impose it on everyone else.
..when you speak for me and it's not true.
This issue has nothing to do with the discussion about fundamentalism.
I simply pointed out that your statement about Xan is untrue.
You may truely feel Xan is imposing her beliefs on you, but i do not feel this at all.
This issue has nothing to do with me discussing fundamentalism with anyone or anything to do with people threatening or feeling threatened.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
Please share your definitions of.......

No.......
Old 08-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat

Of which i have been discussing with you.
I am only defensive when i feel threatened, and since mid 2008 i no longer feel threatened in conversations, online or off.

This is the issue i raised..

..when you speak for me and it's not true.
This issue has nothing to do with the discussion about fundamentalism.
I simply pointed out that your statement about Xan is untrue.
You may truely feel Xan is imposing her beliefs on you, but i do not feel this at all.
This issue has nothing to do with me discussing fundamentalism with anyone or anything to do with people threatening or feeling threatened.
Ok, but I think it does have a lot of relevance to the conversation. If you don't that's fine, I won't try to talk to you anymore about it. I'm not trying to be rude but it's kind of hard to talk to you.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello Mountain Goat ,

the very act of acknowledging a state beyond mind is a conceptualization birthed in the mind. The only possible explanation that such a place exists is because someone thinks or thought it does. Where does that thinking take place ?

Well that would have to have been in the mind of that someone of course.

Yes, I agree, there is no awareness of awareness here in this body/mind. It is only when I reflect upon it with the mind, when I digress, that I notice that I was
unawarefully aware.
Mostly i am awarefully aware and i can at times sense the mind wanting something to grasp onto. The awareness of awareness is one such trap noticed.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:02 AM
Buzz

As beings we use awareness at all times. Hehe, try not using it for a while and see where it gets you. It is a huge judgement to say that when we look at something, we are conceptualizing it. Simply when we are employing awareness rather than mind we easily transend concept creation. All this being aware of awareness stuff is simply conceptualizing awareness and if that is the case, why bother unless you want to keep creating circular arguments that help fill in your day.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Master
All this being aware of awareness stuff is simply conceptualizing awareness...

Not really, Buzz. We can become aware of our awareness, turning it back on itself... without thought.

You might try this:
First notice whatever you are aware of right now... thought, feeling or sensation.
Then notice that you are aware.

Xan

Old 09-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
As beings we use awareness at all times. Hehe, try not using it for a while and see where it gets you. It is a huge judgement to say that when we look at something, we are conceptualizing it. Simply when we are employing awareness rather than mind we easily transend concept creation. All this being aware of awareness stuff is simply conceptualizing awareness and if that is the case, why bother unless you want to keep creating circular arguments that help fill in your day.

Who do you feel is doing the actual conceptualizing? I say the very mind concept of "I" is conceptualizing being aware of awareness. When there is no awareness of awareness, there is simply 'being' and there is no "I" there. Just life.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
All this being aware of awareness stuff is simply conceptualizing awareness...

Not really, Buzz. We can become aware of our awareness, turning it back on itself... without thought.

You might try this:
First notice whatever you are aware of right now... thought, feeling or sensation.
Then notice that you are aware.

Xan

No, not in my reality. If I install anything other that awareness, I am creating separation from what is. Every time I check in with this process, it is the mind doing the installing. This is what I find when I look.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Who do you feel is doing the actual conceptualizing? I say the very mind concept of "I" is conceptualizing being aware of awareness. When there is no awareness of awareness, there is simply 'being' and there is no "I" there. Just life.
Eureka!!!! That there is gold!!!! There is just being. There is no I. If I is anything then I is the doing!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
No, not in my reality. If I install anything other that awareness, I am creating separation from what is. Every time I check in with this process, it is the mind doing the installing. This is what I find when I look.

Ah well... I'm suggesting there is another way to look, without the mind of thought or "I". If you like, take a silent peek.

Xan