Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 27-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Master

I haven't read any of your other posts so I don't really know your history, but you seem to be crying out and looking for something that you think you should have. When people say they need to catch a break, why is that? Are you comparing yourself to others and wanting what they have?

I won't give you all the spiritual mumbo jumbo of affirmations because quite frankly I don't think they will help you as you don't believe. Also I think affirmations are wishful thinking to be frank too.

What I will say is that you did choose this incarnation for whatever reason, and not all are going to be fun, pleasant and hunky dory. By wishing it to be over will not erase the lessons you wished to learn from it.

Take several deep breaths, and work through the struggles you see and tackle them. It may take a while, years, but ask yourself; are you looking for an easy way out because you think you are entitled to?
Old 27-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Experiencer

froebellian,

I've found affirmations to be very helpful and healing. Definitely not 'mumbo jumbo' or 'wishful thinking'.

Have you ever tried repeating affirmations? I have.

Love is the answer.
Old 27-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
froebellian,

I've found affirmations to be very helpful and healing. Definitely not 'mumbo jumbo' or 'wishful thinking'.

Have you ever tried repeating affirmations? I have.

Love is the answer.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's mine!

I know you don't know me, but if I need advice I'll ask for it and I didn't.
I don't believe in affirmations, and that's my stand, and yes, in many cases it is wishful thinking and relying on it leads to disappointment and delusion.
Old 28-09-2018, 12:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's mine!

I know you don't know me, but if I need advice I'll ask for it and I didn't.
I don't believe in affirmations, and that's my stand, and yes, in many cases it is wishful thinking and relying on it leads to disappointment and delusion.

Peace and joy to you froebellian.

All is well.
Old 28-09-2018, 10:31 AM
Master
I really don't place much stock in affirmations either, personally. That's not to say that I don't believe they really work for others, but in the case of my Autistic mind, it always feels like something is missing... something deeper and more profound is required to actually reach and touch something inside, beyond the mere parroting of words and phrases.....in the same way, Mantra Yoga never really worked for me either.

What does work, is to bring full, mindful and conscious awareness to any sensation or feeling that I may be experiencing in the present moment and then allow my awareness to just flow with that, until it dissolves fully into it...and the key words in all of that are "allow" and "permission".

It has been a rather warm, balmy day and about an hour ago, a brisk southerly change rolled in across the ocean.

My bedroom faces South, so I opened the window, stripped down to my underwear and laid upon my bed, letting the cool ocean winds lick the skin of my body, like a huge barometric puppy...feeling each place on the surface of my skin where the breeze touched me...from one place, to another...Just following the sensations of the hairs moving on my skin...allowing myself to feel this, as if a "Divine hand" were caressing my body, saying "don't worry my love, everything is going to be wonderful... you'll see....can it ever be any other way if I am in your life?...I give you permission to relax and release it all...Just give it all to me, because you know I can deal with it much easier than you can..."

Sometimes, I will savour a strawberry....even the act of licking my fingers is very soothing...rubbing my finger across my teeth and tongue...then tracing around my lips and nose with my own saliva...being totally present within the whole moment I am doing it, until my eyes become semi closed in a trance like hypnagogic state of altered consciousness and I then find myself smiling despite myself.

This also happens when I watch a Mandelbrot fractal zoom whilst listening to Javanese Gamelan or even embarrassingly in a bookstore, when I pick up a "Where's Wally" book and it takes me longer than 10 seconds to find him....Aspies quickly learn to leave certain books alone unless they are fully prepared to buy them. Lol

Our brains need to be challenged to get into a meditative state and anything that is "too easy" just bores us to tears. Optical illusions are great for this... especially when we try to see two opposing images simultaneously and concurrently when the brain is not meant to work that way...but we don't stop until we can make it work that way...If that takes 5 minutes or 5 hours...and an Autistic person's focus is truly one pointed to absolute exclusion...A bonus WHEN we can get into the whole meditative mindset to begin with.

So, I give myself the permission to love myself....to allow myself to let go of all troubling thoughts...Just for this moment...Just for now...and let whatever happens, happen.