Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 08-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Crow, Raven and most spiders.

Cat's absolutely adore me, But I have yet to accept a connection from them because they practically demand it, which is a trait I dislike and do not wish to adopt.

I hear you, there~I think we have catnip in our blood or something.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:37 PM
eraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
...snip...

Cat's absolutely adore me, But I have yet to accept a connection from them because they practically demand it (as well as many other selfish things,) which is a trait I dislike and do not wish to adopt.

You sound a little snooty...you know...kinda like a...

Meow...

By denying cat's affections, you're acknowledging your own - let's call it "felinity" - and they, of course, being smarter than us in many ways, recognize that. They're being patient with you until you wise up. (Among many things cats can teach -- patience is way up there.) They understand you're a little slow but have faith you'll eventually come around.

Thanks all, for your responses thus far. I hope we can keep a dialogue going on this thread for a while.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Master
I posted this on myspace here in the forum and thought it would be interesting here~

I've always had an attraction to crows cause they're so big 'n' sassy. When I went riding (horses) with a friend one time, we were riding through tall trees and bamboo one day and there were crows talking to each other all around, and I let out a few 'caws' myself and my friend said, you're really changing, lol! I felt at one with them and always have. One time, I was going into a public building and there were about 2 or 3 crows around walking on the sidewalk and one in particular seemed like he was deliberately walking in front of my path, but he wasn't aggressive or scary, almost like a connection between us, like hi, how are ya, just cooly walking along the stair in front of me. And the thing about him or her, was that he seemed so perfect. Every feather laid just so, he looked so solid, unreal almost. I never get that picture out of my mind when ever I think of it, it seems amazing to me. I guess you had to be there, lol. Another thing, I like imagining that when birds fly near my car or butterflies or other creatures, they know it's my car, Iknow that sounds totally nuts, but it's kinda fun to imagine it is so~

Old 08-11-2010, 03:57 PM
cheeky_monkey

I got pooped on by a pigeon the first time I met my mum's boyfriend. I like to imagine it was a sign too
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Katiecat

OK, Prien...I just asked in your other thread about albatrosses....I should have waited, because I found the answer here. Really weird because it fits a lot of my personality. When I was a child, I had to do a report at school about an animal. I had recently read a poem about albatrosses. So in order to learn more about them, I did my report on them. I actually became obsessed with the research and went above and beyond the minimal report requirements and ended up doing a full fledged research paper...in grade school. lol Ever since, I have considered them near and dear.

I have been told that I have a Turtle as a totem...by someone who could see it. They said it was my power animal and that I had turtle medicine. I have yet to fully understand this. However, the odd thing is...as a teenager, people use to buy me turtles all the time as gifts (figurines). -And I never asked or shown interest in a single one, but had (still have some) a tremendous collection.

NOW, I also kind of consider the domestic cat (or all cats really) my totem. Cats are my favorite animals. I love them, they love me. They show up on my farm, I feed them all. Currently I have ten cats that I feed outside. I cannot have an indoor cat right now due to my families allergies and it has caused much heartache for me. The reason I like to consider the "domestic" cat over any other is because I'm a house wife. I have domestic duties at home. Domestic indoor cats generally LOVE and REQUIRE an immaculately clean home. If you don't have a clean home for them, you are likely to have cat pee in inappropriate places. I am naturally a slacker. lol I'll admit it. I'm a slob. Lately, when I'm cleaning, I feel like I'm cleaning for a cat...and that the cat is there, motivating me. I know that sounds dumb. But that's how I feel led to believe. There are more to cats than the typical definition of "mysterious, independent, magical, blah blah blah." -They are all of those things, but they are much more.

In physical life, other than my many cats that live in my barn, I also see hawks. I see them perched on fence posts in front of me when i'm driving and I pass them. I see them every time I drive...and sometimes multiple ones on the same street. I seen one today, when I was outside with my cats...flying over my field. I was at my mom's house recently...in the city, and seen 3 hawks bathing in her birdbath! -How weird is that? I wonder if they have a message for me, or are protecting me.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:07 PM
elliestar11

My totems are a red and silver winged dragon, and a white lion.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Sangress

Quote:
snooty...you know...kinda like a...

Meow...

By denying cat's affections, you're acknowledging your own - let's call it "felinity" - and they, of course, being smarter than us in many ways, recognize that. They're being patient with you until you wise up. (Among many things cats can teach -- patience is way up there.) They understand you're a little slow but have faith you'll eventually come around.

Probably true . . . .

*Hisses* I still don't like cats. ;p

But, lately I have been drawn to this one black street cat, a huge feline, that's been perched alongside one of "my" crows on the brick wall outside my house all week.

The entire fact that it hasn't been trying to eat the birds, and that it's guarding the house from all the other cats....makes me want to thank it.

So my intense dislike of cats may change yet.

Crows are easily the true ones I am connected with the most.

I've actually had several offers to be given crow chicks to raise, all in different circumstances (mind you, none dishonest circumstances,) but I'm not in the position to get a Wildlife License to make caring for such wonderful creatures legal. :(

I'll get it in a year though. I know I will. :)

I still have three crows that nest in my yard every year (and fly through the window and enjoy sitting on the backs of my chairs for some reason *facepalm*) so I don't think I am any less involved than I should me, chicks or not. Haha.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Mouse

It's cats for me. I like them, they seem to like me. In terms of 'totems' I've had a vision/dream or two about black panthers...I feel that totems are about energy. They come into your consciousness because their energy pattern resonates with you. Something tells me that this is much much deeper than we know, just a gut feeling.
Old 15-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Thirteen

Something I've noticed about crows. There is a large judicial building in Tampa FL.... it is the only building I see crows on, or flying around. Sure the occasional one resting somewhere, but they all seem to meet on the judicial building.

With cats... I've always like them and trusted them. I know my cat told me the position to place my crystals for recharging, the first night I wanted to.

Like dogs but don't get too much from them spiritually, other than our now departed ancient silky, and my timber wolf. Occasionally I initiate a visit with Wolf or wolf will find me. Also had an experience when my form in some other place turned into two ethereal wolf cubs to protect my children.

Though when I sought totem animals mine were always more exotic.
Old 15-11-2010, 05:23 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen
Something I've noticed about crows. There is a large judicial building in Tampa FL.... it is the only building I see crows on, or flying around. Sure the occasional one resting somewhere, but they all seem to meet on the judicial building.

With cats... I've always like them and trusted them. I know my cat told me the position to place my crystals for recharging, the first night I wanted to.

Like dogs but don't get too much from them spiritually, other than our now departed ancient silky, and my timber wolf. Occasionally I initiate a visit with Wolf or wolf will find me. Also had an experience when my form in some other place turned into two ethereal wolf cubs to protect my children.

Though when I sought totem animals mine were always more exotic.

Thank you for sharing your experiences! I have an affinity for crows as well, but they are not my totem. My mystical bond is with the timberwolf, and it has been my instructor/protector and toem from childhood through adulthood, appearing to me in dreams and visions, imparting wisdom and practical teachings as well. Then in my 30's I got the opportunity to help a friend raise a 7 week old full-blooded male timberwolf to adulthood. What an experience that was!!!! That wolf taught me every single day, and all my ordinary canine companions (dogs) have as well. The dogs teach unconditional love and also prompt their charges (their human "owners") to embrace and grow into certain attributes they would not otherwise have been able to on their own. Companion animals teach us and grow us, and they take their assignment very seriously. Even the subtlest of lessons is not without value... though we must be sensitive enough to "get" what's being transmitted. I love cats, but I've never felt a strong bond with one. They are more elusive and more of a distant teacher... less "hands on" than dogs. All are wonderful though. I'm so grateful for our animal teachers... those who are our totems, and those who merely share their medicine with us in passing