Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Shabby

Those that have...have

One of the most profound teachings of Jesus I feel is the saying (in my words): Those that have...will have more and those that have less the lesser will be taken away.

What are your thoughts on this idea? What has been your experience?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:08 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
One of the most profound teachings of Jesus I feel is the saying (in my words): Those that have...will have more and those that have less the lesser will be taken away.

It seems that the message is, the more you have the more you want, greed, and the more attached you will be to it.. and, those with less have less to lose, and are less attached to the loss..

When the focus is shifted from gain and loss to a greater quality of Life for all, what attachment is there?

Be well..
Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

It seems that the message is, the more you have the more you want, greed, and the more attached you will be to it.. and, those with less have less to lose, and are less attached to the loss..

When the focus is shifted from gain and loss to a greater quality of Life for all, what attachment is there?

Be well..

That is one valid interpretation, but there is also the one that says having has nothing to do with wanting more. Many give thanks for what they have and not necessary because they want more, but because they truly believe they have already.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Shabby

Why this statement was so profound to me was that I saw that it was our being creating our experience of having or not having. If I believed I had...I truly felt it, saw and it was also my experience.....and of course the other way around.

And as I look around me I see this statement perfectly demonstrated every where.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Bluegreen

There is a parable by Jesus: Matthew 25:14-30.

I think it means that we are meant to use all our abilities to the full. I compare it to a muscle that is not used: it withers away.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...hlight=cupfuls
Old 10-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Guide

Jeshua uses very simple language to illustrate points, not every point may translate into our language and culture.

My take on it is that he's talking about the universal law 'What you put out is what you get back". There are also other attempts to paraphrase that law, like "You become what you think about" or "The Law of Attraction".
Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
There is a parable by Jesus: Matthew 25:14-30.

I think it means that we are meant to use all our abilities to the full. I compare it to a muscle that is not used: it withers away.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...hlight=cupfuls

Hey bluegreen, I agree. Having can be applied to anything..money, abundance, love, a great relationship, abilities/talents, health and so on. Claiming it makes it your experience.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby

If we "have" love within "we will have" more love ......if we "have less" love within........"the lesser will be taken away"...........and all we have is love...........so perhaps in Jesus eyes of love in his expression.......he has no need to put love in its context. It is already there for him.......

Last edited by silent whisper : 10-01-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Shabby

Yes Silent Whisper I agree. I did not see it that way but to have love and to know we have love is all we need...go sing : )