Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
[color=Greenslade]OK, I'm going out on a limb here, that'll teach me to climb trees lol.Just make sure the branches are not hollow.

This Universe was created (as the story goes) but from what? The Big Bang says there was this super-heavy lump of matter sitting around that suddenly went bang and started expanding, and has been doing so for six billion years. We are the product of six billions years of evolution so when are we going to act like it? lol. Where did that matter come from? What made it go bang? Science will say this or that but science doesn't have all the answers - far from it. That lump of matter appeared out of nowhere then suddenly went bang for no apparent reason?
You know of course there are many theories.
There is Theosophy:

There is the NDE of Andreason:
There is the NDE of Mellen-Thomas Benedict:
There are the memories of Shakuntala Modi's hypnotized patients:
There is much more, but I have already crossed the limit for quoting I set myself.

It's been said that once upon a time there was a single consciousness in the Universe, all alone in the night. Then that consciousness did something that changed to Universe forever, it asked the question "Who Am I?". In order to answer that question it split itself into two so that it could look at itself. Lots of splits later and here we are today, including the conscious energy from Joan Grant's quote in BlueGreen's post.
There are different reasons given for 'creation': Theosophy says that it is immutable cyclic law. Edgar Cayce: God wanted to express itself. Another reason is loneliness.

Seems to me there's some ****-eyed thinking going on here :-) So many beliefs on how the Universe and solid matter (solid?) were created and why. God, Creator, us as co-creators...... What if all of those were metaphors? What if God/Creator was a metaphor for the conscious energy that created matter?
Edgar Cayce's system of metaphysical thought in There is a River by Thomas Sugrue
What if we as co-creators lend our conscious energies to holding this Universe together so we can come here to experience and learn? What if the Big Bang was the collective consciousnesses of all the splits getting together and creating a 3D existence from their conscious energies?

We define Life, but Life doesn't define itself. Science says that Life has to have certain conditions in order to exist, but nobody told the microbes in the methane lake. Where science goes wrong in my opinion is that it bases its theories on the conditions on this planet and applies them to the entire universe. Hey microbes, I don't know how to tell you this but.... All of these things, from the smallest quark that are the basic blocks of all matter all the way up. All of it, conscious energy. If I wasn't an Atheist I'd use it to understand Cod's creation a little better :-)

What Casey said is true, but people have misinterpreted...or I am LOL
AS MAN THINKS OF IT
Old 08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Shabby

We believing we are humans with mind and body, separate from God created everything. The world, the universe. Energy is the force of illusion, the magic that holds everything together. yes, you can not create nor destroy energy because it is what makes up the whole dream. When the dream is over the universe disappears and energy with it....that is my belief...I have nothing to prove it and it is just a theory that I realized.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
I was looking for another post when I came across this one. Shabby, sweetheart, I seldom get angry at people and least of all about their beliefs. When I say "as you wish" I only mean to say "you're entitled to your perceptions/beliefs." My objective is not to push my beliefs down people's throats.

As for atoms: they are not cells but are composed of a nucleus and electrons. Particles are found in the nucleus of the atom.

A cell is made up of molecules which again are made up of atoms.
If a cell is a living thing as you say, then what makes it a living thing when it is composed of molecules which are composed of atoms which you say are not living things?

From wikipedia:
Cell:
The cell is the basic structural and functional unit of all known living organisms. It is the smallest unit of life that is classified as a living thing, and is often called the building block of life.

Atom:
The atom is a basic unit of matter that consists of a dense central nucleus surrounded by a cloud of negatively charged electrons.

The atomic nucleus contains a mix of positively charged protons and electrically neutral neutrons (except in the case of hydrogen-1, which is the only stable nuclide with no neutrons). The electrons of an atom are bound to the nucleus by the electromagnetic force. Likewise, a group of atoms can remain bound to each other, forming a molecule. An atom containing an equal number of protons and electrons is electrically neutral, otherwise it has a positive charge if there are fewer electrons (electron deficiency) or negative charge if there are more electrons (electron excess). A positively or negatively charged atom is known as an ion. An atom is classified according to the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus: the number of protons determines the chemical element, and the number of neutrons determines the isotope of the element.[1]

Energy:
In physics, energy (Ancient Greek: ἐνέργεια energeia "activity, operation"[1]) is an indirectly observed quantity. It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems.[2][3] Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Bluegreen

Shabby, I repeat:

If a cell is a living thing as you say, then what makes it a living thing when it is composed of molecules which are composed of atoms which you say are not living things?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Shabby

It is not as I say Bluegreen it is as science teaches us. There is not life in matter.

Who would we be without energy...matter? Why do some hold desperately onto the concept of energy/matter being God/spirit? I wonder how this world could/would change if we let go of that belief. It's the year 2012....maybe it's time awake up : )
Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Lightbulb

I have just read this book, very interesting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401923119?ie=UTF8&tag=infiniteunkno-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeAS IN=1401923119

The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, & Miracles by Bruce Lipton
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby

What Casey said is true, but people have misinterpreted...or I am LOL
AS MAN THINKS OF IT
Things beyond human ken must needs be phrased in metaphor. In this context-- the 'creation' of the universe --the word 'ray' is used often.

Quote:
3. THE HOUR HAD NOT YET STRUCK; THE RAY HAD NOT YET FLASHED INTO THE GERM; THE MATRIPADMA HAD NOT YET SWOLLEN.

4. HER HEART HAD NOT YET OPENED FOR THE ONE RAY TO ENTER, THENCE TO FALL, AS THREE INTO FOUR, INTO THE LAP OF MAYA.

5. THE SEVEN SONS WERE NOT YET BORN FROM THE WEB OF LIGHT. DARKNESS ALONE WAS FATHER-MOTHER, SVABHAVAT; AND SVABHAVAT WAS IN DARKNESS.

6. THESE TWO ARE THE GERM, AND THE GERM IS ONE. THE UNIVERSE WAS STILL CONCEALED IN THE DIVINE THOUGHT AND THE DIVINE BOSOM.. . . .
Stanza II in http://theosophy.org/Blavatsky/Secre...SDVolume_I.htm
matripadma = egg or womb of the universe (Mother-lotus)
svabhavat = Primordial causation of self-becoming; as in Buddhist thought nidana also signifies primal essence or substance and svabhavat is equated with the Father-Mother of manifestation, the term could be translated "primordial causality-essence Father-Mother." It is the highest portion of the manifesting or Third Logos of our galaxy; and because the Third Logos of every solar system is a reflection of the galactic Third Logos, the adinidana-svabhavat of any solar system is in its reaches the adinidana-svabhavat of the galaxy.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Juanita

[quote=Shabby]It is not as I say Bluegreen it is as science teaches us. There is not life in matter.

Who would we be without energy...matter? Why do some hold desperately onto the concept of energy/matter being God/spirit? I wonder how this world could/would change if we let go of that belief. It's the year 2012....maybe it's time awake up : )[/QUOTE

"there is life in everything, and there is consciousness in everything... If the consciousness has reached the level of a blade of grass then that is where it is. as the consciousness grows and perceives itself in a more aware state, then it manifests in a more aware state." (quote from Emmanuel's Book)

"all things are of god and all consciousness eventually knows its oneness with god." (quote from emmanuel)

does the above shed any "light" on these issues for anyone?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Bluegreen

By the way, Shabby, when quoting my answer to Greenslade, the following was not quoted:

Quote:
"The building blocks were all of the same material, which man calls the life essence. It was a power sent out from God, a primary ray, as man thinks of it, which by changing the length of its wave and the rate of its vibration became a pattern of differing forms, substance, and movement."
From Edgar Cayce's metaphysical system.

The building blocks were the "life essence." What are the building blocks? Subatomic particles.

Juanita, exactly. Emmanuel is not the only one who saw consciousness in everything.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Shabby

As I posted earlier:

From Wikipedia:
Cell:
The cell is the basic structural and functional unit of all known living organisms. It is the smallest unit of life that is classified as a living thing, and is often called the building block of life.

The primary ray...I really don't know what that means but I do know what the bible tells me (in my words): In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and God said light there be light. I assume that was the primary light....which was created by God. This light is consciousness. God is prior to consciousness.

You "see" consciousness everywhere....as everything you perceive with your senses is in consciousness. Consciousness is the realm of all possiblities and duality. Beyond consciousness is the absolute, single and silent.