Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-06-2018, 02:52 AM
Master
Description of kundalini by Purnananda Swami

Description of kundalini
By Purnananda Swami

Verses 10 and 11

Over it [Svayambhu-Linga] shines the sleeping Kundalini, fine as the fibre of the lotus-stalk. She is the world-bewilderer, gently covering the mouth of Brahma-dvara by Her own. Like the spiral of the conch-shell, Her shining snake-like form goes three and a half times round Siva, and Her lustre is as that of a strong flash of young strong lightning. Her sweet murmur is like the indistinct hum of swarms of love-mad bees. She produces melodious poetry and Bandha and all other compositions in prose or verse in sequence or otherwise in Samskrta, Prakrta and other languages. It is She who maintains all the beings of the world by means of inspiration and expiration, and shines in the cavity of the root (Mula) Lotus like a chain of brilliant lights.

“World-bewilderer” because Kundalini is maya in this world.

Bandha = type of literary composition in which the verse is arranged in a diagram or picture.

Verse 12

Within it [Svayambhu-Linga, round which Kundalini is coiled] reigns dominant Para, the Sri-Paramesvari, the Awakener of eternal knowledge. She is the Omnipotent Kala who is wonderfully skilful to create, and is subtler than the subtlest. She is the recepttacle of that continuous stream of ambrosia which flows from the Eternal Bliss. By Her radiance it is that the whole of this Universe and this Cauldon is illumined.

Universe = brahmanda, i.e., egg of Brahma

Cauldon = kataha, that is, the lower half of the Brahmanada, and as such cauldron-shaped.

Verse 13

By meditating thus on Her who shines within the Mula-Cakra, with the lustre of ten million Suns, a man becomes Lord of speech and King among men, and an Adept in all kinds of learning. He becomes ever free from all diseases, and his inmost Spirit becomes full of great gladness. Pure of disposition by his deep and musical words, he serves the foremost of the Devas.

Foremost of the devas = Brahma, Visnu, Siva, etc.
Old 23-06-2018, 03:55 AM
Master
This is very nice, however, there are those who have taken "poetic licence" with Kundalini since time immemorial. One just has to read the Saundarya Lahari by Adi Shankara, or the Yoga Kundali Upanishad or the works by Swami Svatmarama or the Sage Lalika to see that exactly the same thing is being said, just the language used is more colourful to appeal to a wider audience.

In fact, the word "kunda" itself means "cauldron" or "pot" or any womb-shaped vessel and "Swayambu" means "self-created" or "self generated" and the glories of the Divine Goddess cannot be extolled enough.

At the moment, I am making comparison between the Muladhara Chakra and the Yeshod of the Tree of Life and give me enough time, I will be able to rival anybody with a colourful description of the whole process.
Old 23-06-2018, 04:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is very nice, however, there are those who have taken "poetic licence" with Kundalini since time immemorial. One just has to read the Saundarya Lahari by Adi Shankara, or the Yoga Kundali Upanishad or the works by Swami Svatmarama or the Sage Lalika to see that exactly the same thing is being said, just the language used is more colourful to appeal to a wider audience.

In fact, the word "kunda" itself means "cauldron" or "pot" or any womb-shaped vessel and "Swayambu" means "self-created" or "self generated" and the glories of the Divine Goddess cannot be extolled enough.

At the moment, I am making comparison between the Muladhara Chakra and the Yeshod of the Tree of Life and give me enough time, I will be able to rival anybody with a colourful description of the whole process.

Thanks for answering Shivani, there are a couple of sentences I don't understand, I wonder if you or anyone else knows what they mean:

"She is the world-bewilderer...because Kundalini is maya in this world."

Also what is

"Dominant Para, the Sri-Paramesvari, the Awakener of eternal knowledge."
Old 23-06-2018, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thanks for answering Shivani, there are a couple of sentences I don't understand, I wonder if you or anyone else knows what they mean:

Also what is

I recently watched a movie called "The Great Arcanum".

Here is the link to it:

https://youtu.be/JU1WAaTSjgI

After watching it, those questions you asked became very clear.

Kundalini energy is also associated with sexual energy and the orgasm, but this is only just a tiny fraction of what the Goddess is capable of manifesting within the human body and psyche, as you know.

However, most people get caught up in this pleasure and believe that this is all there is to it...in much the same way as people believe that whatever we can perceive through our senses in relation to truth is all there is to it. Thus, Kundalini is also known as "Maya" or the bewilderer...in that Maya or Shakti is also the veil which covers the Absolute...Brahman.

So, most people who understand Kundalini and who have even raised it can see the veil, know there is something behind it, but that is where they stop... remaining satisfied with that, without lifting or removing that veil to see what is behind/underneath it all and to gain the direct experience of Purusha...of the eternal truth.

It is all about converting semen and seminal fluid (even women have this) into ojas or tejas.... spiritual energy...elixir of immortality.... Soma....and forgoing the orgasm, so that higher states of transcendence can be achieved.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I am on my mobile phone and had to change it up.
Old 24-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Also what is

question #1. kundalini is the current therefore the energetic force in the world.

question #2 the experience of her force is causeless. everything in the world is perceived as cause and effect until that eternal knowledge is experienced. which is why gurus and such talk about illusion so often it seems.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 24-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Master
Thanks for your replies Shivani and running.
Old 25-06-2018, 01:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thanks for your replies Shivani and running.

edit

correction. the kundalini is causeless everything else still remains perceived in cause and effect. its a paradox. what seems eternal is the bliss and silence. which sorta blankets the rest.

without going on in circles thats the best i can say from what i have experienced.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4