Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 19-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Pathfinder

giving reiki to a dying sibling...?

Hi. My sibling may be on the way "out" or should I say "over" after a long bout with cancer/multiple myeloma. I'm going to go visit today.

Is it ok to give him reiki, if only for the spiritual peace elements? I'm a level II.

Or is it disrespecting the universal flow, given that it seems it's taking him...?
Old 19-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Master
Hi rhubarbrosie I am sorry to hear the news of your brother, big hugs.
I am too attuned to level 2 reiki and I personally think it would be good to give your brother some reiki before he goes onto the spiritual realm it will help him emmensley I do believe, you will not be disrespecting reiki, however just bear in mind that your brother may not want it and to respect his wishes, if you are giving him some ask that it be sent to his higher self.

Love GA x
Old 19-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for your thoughts GA.

I hear you on the respect issue. VIP not to intrude energetically, or so I was taught. And yes indeed I waited until he asked me for it (although he can't speak he can write on a whiteboard) afterwards he gave me a big thumbs up ...

It felt very powerful on my end. I kept having flashbacks to all our toys in our childhood playroom, 50 yrs ago ... later I told him what I remembered and we shared smiles.

He seems steadier than I heard he was yesterday. I hope he gets more time with us...but then that isn't up to me, is it?

Thanks again
Old 20-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubarbrosie
I hear you on the respect issue. VIP not to intrude energetically, or so I was taught. And yes indeed I waited until he asked me for it (although he can't speak he can write on a whiteboard) afterwards he gave me a big thumbs up ...
So it worked out for you, which is good, but it doesn't give and guidance or answer questions.
What happens to the often stated "Reiki goes/knows where it is needed"? If that is the case why should one even worry about giving Reiki - ever, to anyone and anything?

Then there are errors of commission and nobody ever talks about errors of omission, which are equally punishable, at least in law. Not to do things which one should do is as reprehensible as doing things one should not do.

As the energy flow is universal and influenced by our actions as well as our non-action we always influence the energy flow - no matter what we do or not do.
Whether by conscious action, yes or no, or unconscious action we influence everything around us with equal force.
There is no escape!

That someone with Reiki level 2 is not clear about theses thing, and you are probably part of a huge majority of Reki practitioners shows how poor and superficial Reiki training is and how little Reiki practitioners belief in what underlies the Reiki practice, the unity of the fields of energy.
This should be a Reiki level 0 (zero) (Reiki orientation) issue and someone who cannot fully and totally subscribe to the principle should not be allowed to go beyond that.
IOW it must be a precondition for any Reiki training.