Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16-08-2019, 05:48 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,154
  Joe Mc's Avatar
New Axe (Guitar)

It's coming tonight
Across the water
in the back of a van
I hope its wrapped tight
for the long fight ahead
of it's long life
A blue friend
Who can hit long
notes each time
A midnight cowboy
who can ride high
Storm clouds passing by
Sing to me sweet axe
of days gone by
of life to come at the
edge of town
Sing to me of everything
the passing clowns
The high rollers and the
people who fall down
I cannot wait for you to
unpack ...just an axe
like no other axe
Crossing the water tonight
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2019, 03:26 AM
Nowayout Nowayout is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,533
  Nowayout's Avatar
Music is like poetry, it all enters the ear and the puts colors in our heads, and hearts.

Axes of enormity swing!~
__________________
The less I know the more I understand.


If you wish to be out front then act as if you were behind.

Lao-Tzu
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2019, 01:16 PM
FoxTracks FoxTracks is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 28
 
I love

"A midnight cowboy
who can ride high"

It reminds me of the feel of playing an instrument. I'm a bass player myself although I'm still pretty new to it!

Good poem. Captures a feeling pretty well.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17-09-2019, 06:02 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,154
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Music is like poetry, it all enters the ear and the puts colors in our heads, and hearts.

Axes of enormity swing!~

Indeed ! Music is the language that has moved me most in this life and i would say ive barely gotten by the first chapter !!! " Won't you help me sing these songs of freedom because all i ever had was redemption songs " Bob Marley.
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,154
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxTracks
I love

"A midnight cowboy
who can ride high"

It reminds me of the feel of playing an instrument. I'm a bass player myself although I'm still pretty new to it!

Good poem. Captures a feeling pretty well.

Thanks and the best of luck with the journey on the Bass, I had one a few years back but had to sell it, never picked one up again.. awesome instrument !
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-09-2019, 07:44 AM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 1,468
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
Probably a silly question. Do you put your poetry to music. Are they your songs?
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19-09-2019, 06:39 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,154
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Probably a silly question. Do you put your poetry to music. Are they your songs?

Hey, not really. That sounds funny though as you expect that from someone who plays guitar and writes poems. They kind of have remained two separate processes for some reason, so when I write a song I'm kind of trying to write around a chord progression or sequence or melodic hook and fitting words into the measure of that ? Anyway so my poetry if we can call it that is probably too prosaic for musical meanderings but perhaps there is some kind of marriage emerging out from the poetry and the music. Hope that doesn't sound too much up my own whatever Are you a writer yourself ? or a musician or both or none ?
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19-09-2019, 08:46 AM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 1,468
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Hey, not really. That sounds funny though as you expect that from someone who plays guitar and writes poems. They kind of have remained two separate processes for some reason, so when I write a song I'm kind of trying to write around a chord progression or sequence or melodic hook and fitting words into the measure of that ? Anyway so my poetry if we can call it that is probably too prosaic for musical meanderings but perhaps there is some kind of marriage emerging out from the poetry and the music. Hope that doesn't sound too much up my own whatever Are you a writer yourself ? or a musician or both or none ?

Yes, that's why I thought it may be a silly question, sort of a given, but not so. What ever way works best isn't it. Although I could imagine New Axe being a song.

No I'm not a musician. Love music. I haven't written much. I need inspiration which is lacking.

You don't sound too much up your own whatever at all
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-09-2019, 06:32 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,154
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Yes, that's why I thought it may be a silly question, sort of a given, but not so. What ever way works best isn't it. Although I could imagine New Axe being a song.

No I'm not a musician. Love music. I haven't written much. I need inspiration which is lacking.

You don't sound too much up your own whatever at all

Thanks for the feedback, yep it probably could work as a song with some changes. Sometimes I think some of our own words are trying to become song if you like. We don't recognise it all the time but thanks for throwing some light on it.
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums