Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 06-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Pathfinder

Green man

I hope some of you will know more about this man I saw sitting or meditating beside my bed when I woke up.

He was older, bald and had pointy ears (reminded me on elves, but his were not so extremely pointy and long like you see on drawings).
Didnt pay attention on his height but his head was big as mine so I am not talking about a tiny being.

He noticed that I am aware of him so he suddenly appeared in front of me,
and the second "teleportation" was him puting his face right in front of mine and
then he was gone. He had no expression, no smile or anger...

And I didnt see him white as some see ghosts, he was green (transparent).
Old 24-08-2014, 05:09 AM
Experiencer
Hi

It sounds interesting and if your sure the being didn't mean you any harm try contacting the being again

NightCat
Old 27-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for your reply NightCat

Even all this started about 4-5 years ago I am still a newbie because It was kind of like a game to me (especialy the lucid dreaming - astral experiences)

After some stuff happened I started to understand
that it is not something to take lightly (it still has more good than bad sides),
so I avoid calling beings,
but hoped someone here with more experience might know something about the man.
Old 27-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Experiencer

Lutonja, I think you saw the "Green Man". He is an ancient symbol of birth and renewal. I feel especially close to him at Harvest, although he is often associated with Spring. I have four small plaques representing him that I change with the seasons. There is no harm in him, only life. Is something in your life about to renew, or be born? I think you need to figure out why you saw this ancient and powerful symbol now.
Old 27-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Badger1777

Hi Lutonja,

Apart from the green man, what other features of the vision/experience can you recall? Where you, per chance, in a forest?

The 'green man' is a very prominent figure. The male aspect of nature, and by some considered to be a dryad, which I believe is a tree spirit. The green man represents the male aspect of nature. In fact, in traditional May Day celebrations, where a young man and a young woman are bound together by one wrist (each) as they dance, variations being the May Pole dance (which, no, its not a pole dance, although the very old versions were at least as rude), the male central dancer represents the green man.
Old 28-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Pathfinder

Wow, thank you all.

That happened last year, I just didn`t have any luck finding anything about him and discarded the obvious "Green man" because this one doesn`t look like
any of drawings, nor did I notice leaves.

Almost every year I spend 3-6 month in Austria.
The building I stay at is kind of between two forests so whenever I meditated for balance,
what usualy poped up in my minds eye was a pine forest from a birds perspective.

The Green man was there when I got back to my country.
It makes sense, small changes did start to happen, and on 1st May this year something like a first step to a big renewal, more like rebirth.

Big virtual hugs to you two, RosieCotton and Badger1777!