Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 21-11-2011, 06:42 PM
njbr1111

reiki + QiGong

Does anyone know if and how learning both may compliment each other ? I'm reiki level 2, doing master in a few weeks and also thinking of learning Qi Gong ... wondering if and how this may help in healing sessions.

Does anyone have any experience in this ?

thanks,
njbr.
Old 22-11-2011, 04:07 AM
pre-dawn

In "The Healing Promise of Qi" Roger Jahnke O.M.D. has a 2 page description of Qi healing which would not be amiss in any Reiki manual without changing a single word.
Reiki is Qi healing put into a particular framework by Mikao Usui.

Therefore, Reiki is Qi healing, and Qi healing is Reiki although you will find lots of people who will say that one has to be attuned to do Reiki healing. I don't think the Qi actually cares about that.

As they are the same in their essence they do not complement each other, let alone compliment (we should try to get our words and concept correct) but practicing either one will deepen one's experience.

One of the absolutely major failures of Reiki today is the lack of a consistent, comprehensible framework with structural integrity. Studying Qigong can provide that at the price of demystifying Reiki, and removing it from the elitist-esoteric realm, personally a price I am very happy to pay.
Old 22-11-2011, 10:48 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
In "The Healing Promise of Qi" Roger Jahnke O.M.D. has a 2 page description of Qi healing which would not be amiss in any Reiki manual without changing a single word.

Therefore, Reiki is Qi healing, and Qi healing is Reiki although you will find lots of people who will say that one has to be attuned to do Reiki healing. I don't think the Qi actually cares about that.

As they are the same in their essence they do not complement each other, let alone compliment (we should try to get our words and concept correct) but practicing either one will deepen one's experience.

One of the absolutely major failures of Reiki today is the lack of a consistent, comprehensible framework with structural integrity. Studying Qigong can provide that at the price of demystifying Reiki, and removing it from the elitist-esoteric realm, personally a price I am very happy to pay.
Hi pre-dawn: Precisely stated, and accurate.. Thanks..

Be well..
Old 22-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Guide
Have seen massive results with Qi-Gong.
Light and grace.
Krishna.
Old 22-11-2011, 12:56 PM
njbr1111

thanks guys.
Old 26-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Akaalis

Agreed with Pre-Dawn, Reiki is quite a low-level practice and is more so a spiritual commercialized business than it is a practice. A complete waste of ones time(if one is not money motivated that is)
Old 27-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Henri77

Might I suggest you shop around for a teacher that you really feel at home with.
It appears each teacher-school has its own techniques-movements, and what you learn from one may not be accepted by another, (you'll likely start as a beginner again) if you switch.... at least in my area.
I've been doing ChiGong 2 yrs and quite love doing it. Wish I had researched teachers-techniques... but the master whose moves I do is highly respected and I've no complaints .. Do wish we had more options in my area though.

Of course there're lots of youtube videos to expand one's practice.. and I've adopted 2-3 things from there.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:03 PM
pupiavril

Nicely put Pre-Dawn. Light
Old 24-05-2014, 11:13 PM
libelula

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn

Very well said.
Old 20-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Pathfinder

As Glenn Morris said,

Reiki = Spray Bottle Spritz

Reiki + Qigong = Fire Hose