Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-03-2014, 01:58 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
I'm nearly finished with The Afterlife of Billy Fingers. It doesn't seem to have a lot of meat in it, but it does seem somewhat different from some of what I've read (Newton and Weiss, for example). Billy Fingers-as-spirit gives his still-alive sister lots of proof that he still exists, and I like that. Some of what happens reminds me a bit of my experiences after the deaths of my son and my father.

What is really bugging me, and the reason I'm posting, is that deep into the book Billy Fingers says he released his memories, only he didn't release his memories of his sister because he wanted to write the book through her. This not completely releasing his memories, he says, is highly unusual. This happened about a year after he died.

Spirits forget us???? Helping my son move on means moving on without me??? I need to re-read to make sure I haven't misread.

Does anyone have any insight/knowledge/experience whatever about this "releasing" one's memory idea?

This directly contradicts that upon returning to the spirit world we are to review our past life to learn from it in preparation for a new incarnation ...
My understanding is at the time of death all our work on earth is completed ...
What he took w/him was his ego to write a book through his sister?
And for her to write that statement tells me her grief over his death was far different from mine ...
Regardless, if he instructed her to write it I would think she'd fully understand loved ones are looking for comfort & validation we are not forgotten ...

I'd stick w/Newton & Weiss ...
Anything that is that disturbing & unsettling is not for me ...
Daily reading of chapter 2 on Death, Grief & Comfort in Destiny of Souls by Newton was my salvation ...
I truly don't believe I would've been able to come to terms w/my husband's death had it not been for Newton's & Weiss' books ...
JMHO ~
Old 27-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Master

I got my copy of Barry Eaton's Afterlife today. Can't wait to start it!
Old 27-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Kotori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
I'm nearly finished with The Afterlife of Billy Fingers. It doesn't seem to have a lot of meat in it, but it does seem somewhat different from some of what I've read (Newton and Weiss, for example). Billy Fingers-as-spirit gives his still-alive sister lots of proof that he still exists, and I like that. Some of what happens reminds me a bit of my experiences after the deaths of my son and my father.

What is really bugging me, and the reason I'm posting, is that deep into the book Billy Fingers says he released his memories, only he didn't release his memories of his sister because he wanted to write the book through her. This not completely releasing his memories, he says, is highly unusual. This happened about a year after he died.

Spirits forget us???? Helping my son move on means moving on without me??? I need to re-read to make sure I haven't misread.

Does anyone have any insight/knowledge/experience whatever about this "releasing" one's memory idea?

I think "moving on" is about soul growth, evolving. I don't believe it involves releasing memories, at least not the important memories like those of loved ones. Perhaps we release memories that no longer serves us such as negative memories that may have held us back in life, but I don't believe the love bond ever dies, or gets "released."

Through my experience recording EVPs, when I ask spirits if they miss life on earth, the general answer I receive is, "I miss my family." When I receive messages from my son, he still calls me mom, he still knows the name of his dog, and he is still aware of family birthdays.

Your son may be moving on, or as I like to call it, evolving in heaven, but I don't believe that he has forgotten you. I believe you are still an important part of his essence.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Master

Well I read it. It is a good companion book to Michael Newton's Journey of Souls. Whereas Afterlife follows the journey of one person (Brian), Journey of Souls follows the experiences of many patients of Michael Newton's during regression therapy.

Between these two books you will have a pretty good idea of what transpires and where you go and the multitude of choices you will have after you die.