Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 02-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Master
they are already here.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Scibat

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSeeker
Perhaps not, but your thoughts do seem to focus more on the assumptions that aliens would think of us as insects and then do away with us. There's little sense in worrying about something that's not happening yet

I'm not worrying, I just thought it would be an interesting discussion point since scientists such as Stephan Hawking think that might be how the scenario plays out, should it come to pass. When someone like Hawking says, "If aliens show up we may be doomed." I tend to give that credence over new age fluff about our alien brothers coming to enlighten us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
you would have to meet one...

If they are really here, I would certainly like to! Seriously, if someone here has a direct line to the aliens that walk among us, then by all means tell one of them to pay me a visit. If s/he comes to me and proves that they are really here, I'll be their biggest fan, supporter and helper.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:37 PM
NetSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I'm not worrying, I just thought it would be an interesting discussion point since scientists such as Stephan Hawking think that might be how the scenario plays out, should it come to pass. When someone like Hawking says, "If aliens show up we may be doomed." I tend to give that credence over new age fluff about our alien brothers coming to enlighten us.

Stephen's never met one, either. Like most scientists he tends to analyze humanity and compare it to how intelligent they think a race needs to be in order to accomplish interstellar travel. It's a simple equation from there on to see how primitive we are compared to this other race. The most logical assumption would be that this advanced race would have little interest in us primitives other than perhaps to study our development. It's quite possible that several advanced races have come across our planet, noted our progress and then moved on, making a note to check up on us again in say another century or so.

I'm not saying they'll be here to save us. As a matter of fact, if we can't get ourselves out of our own mess we wouldn't be much good after the helping's been done at keeping ourselves out of future messes as there will have been no lesson learned. That alone would be a good reason for aliens to let us be.

I think the only reason aliens would bother with us at all would be if our planet has something they need or if the people have something they need. Either way, I think it wouldn't be a doomsday scenario so no need to worry about it.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Suspended
As a privileged, albeit tortured, soul, I do have inside information about why our brethren and sisthren in space are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSeeker
I think the only reason aliens would bother with us at all would be if our planet has something they need

Was it 'Man Who Fell to Earth' featuring Bowie as an alien who came to earth to take our water?

Where do we get our ideas from?

Going back to my inside knowledge. As many of you know, they've been here for a while, at least the last 40 years or so.

I hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but they're here because they want our socks.

Yes, SOCKS.

Think about it. How many socks have you lost every time you do a wash?

In secret meetings, they'd rather have knee-high striped socks, but any will do. They have a thing about being able to interact with electric gadgetry and can extract a sock (or two) from the washing machine before you can say boo to a goose.

Why they need our socks is a mystery (and they smile when asked).

However, I am happy to inform you all that they are harmless (for the most part), friendly, smily....just watch your legs.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 AM
Simon Karlos

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
As a privileged, albeit tortured, soul, I do have inside information about why our brethren and sisthren in space are here.

Was it 'Man Who Fell to Earth' featuring Bowie as an alien who came to earth to take our water?

Where do we get our ideas from?

Going back to my inside knowledge. As many of you know, they've been here for a while, at least the last 40 years or so.

Yes, SOCKS.

Think about it. How many socks have you lost every time you do a wash?

In secret meetings, they'd rather have knee-high striped socks, but any will do. They have a thing about being able to interact with electric gadgetry and can extract a sock (or two) from the washing machine before you can say boo to a goose.

Why they need our socks is a mystery (and they smile when asked).

However, I am happy to inform you all that they are harmless (for the most part), friendly, smily....just watch your legs.

ROFL!!! (Picturing knee-high striped socks... On a giraffe! Hey, I saw that somewhere? )
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Ascender

They have absolutely no reason to harm us.

Hawkins theory is as valid or invalid as anyone else's. Just because he's a scientist does not make him an expert on aliens, or anyone else for that matter.

I like chocolate and coffee, especially chocolate coffee.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
Picturing knee-high striped socks... On a giraffe!

Indeed...and you thought that was a giraffe...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 PM
NetSeeker

I actually HAVE knee high striped socks somewhere...

*places them in safe*
Old 04-05-2011, 08:31 PM
midnightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit

Is that why my cat collects my old socks? Was he collecting them for the aliens?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
Is that why my cat collects my old socks? Was he collecting them for the aliens?

If he collects the odd ones, then I'd watch him very carefully.