Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I have defined it in nearly all my posts above.

Shiva's two wings are Ida and Pingala Nadi on either side of Shusumna Nadi which you guys call 'the Middle way/pillar' - everything must be in balance before the energies can be raised up...

I fully raised mine up without fully opening my heart chakra up first and although it didn't impede the full awakening, it was very bland and dry one, although I experienced every 'symptom' of it. It was nice, yes...it was peaceful, yes, joyful...yes...but I wasn't jumping over the moon about it, let's put it that way.

Until, I went back in and opened my heart up to the universe 'as I understood it' with love at that moment, it was all 'full steam ahead' and that 'emptiness' wasn't 'empty' anymore...it's poorna...it's full up.

I also fully realise and understand form, name etc isn't the ultimate truth too.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Emptiness in Buddhism means ' lack of own nature ' something that does not independently exist.
Old 25-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
It's nice to have you over here with your perspectives. This Buddhist forum is littered with ideas of people who have read of Buddhism but have not practiced much.

Briefly: Bland, dry, joy: these things are all ... just that in Buddhism.

You may be referring to different states of meditation where all sorts of experiences are possible, but Buddhism doesn't posit any particular experience as supreme.

Buddhism posits only Truth, and that is for the Seeker to discover, as outlined in the Heart and Diamond Sutras. When Truth realization takes place, those "words" come to life as Written Truth, yet still "fingers pointing to the moon".

Enjoy your stay here, The Necromancer.

Namaste,
floatzy
Thank you for that Floatzy.

I haven't heard that quote in years, but the finger and moon is still there, nonetheless...I just enjoy the pointing because it tips all my energies over the edge and I'm bathed by unconditional love and happiness...not all the time...it's always in the background...but when it comes to the surface, I'm totally lost and I couldn't even think if I wanted to.

Whatever this state is, I like it here, I love Shiva...all is good with the universe.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 25-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, a genuinely peaceful heart is a boon to Us All.

Namaste.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 25-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Namaste and greetings.

I'm a Hindu who worships the god, Shiva either in whole aspect, or one of His two destructive forms.

One of these is called, Bhairava. Buddhists may know Him as Mahakala.

In fact, Mahakala is the master of the 4th dimension, that of time.

The word is the same in both the Hindu and Buddhist Sanskrit and relates to Shiva in His active component...we call that form, Nataraja.

I don't know if this thought was prevalent around Northern India and the regions of Nepal and Tibet at the time, and who adopted the concept from whom...coincidences exist.

Being a lay linguist who studies regional Indus language and dialect...I could understand the Buddhists at the time called this God 'Vairochana' and noticed the similarity with the Hindu concept of Bhairo or Bhairava.

So, this is the door through which I enter your forum, presenting two pictures for your perusal. The first, Mahakala...second, Bhairava. THIS is who/what I pray to...the very deity of time itself, guys.

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
I only know little about Mahakala and little about Tibetan tradition. Sorry can't answer your question.
BTW, I already invite my friend to this forum which have quite deep understanding of all Buddhism tradition. Hope he will join soon and can answer your question
Old 25-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
How true is it if some one is not using emptiness to achieve Buddha title or ascending to Buddha.

When we close our eyes and using third eyesight to view inside our body it's seem to be empty. But that is not true.

We can try to see inside the soil it causes the same effect. So when we see inside a tick book the vision is the same.

Do you know why? That is the trick of our eyes, when our eyes attained the ability to traverse through thing then everything is empty although actually it's not. That is a delusion of our feeling and our eyes.

And if our eyes can see through our body, is it not we are not exist anymore.

You cannot be a Buddha without realizing Emptiness...

Sight is a local mind interruption of the light.. That is why you see that you can do so much yet you can't touch anyone and have them experience the energy.

That is why so many people get lost in the astral and why no traditions encourage it.
Old 25-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
and why no traditions encourage it.

I found it interesting when doing research for the Meditation thread that I oversee, that Ramana Maharsi also spoke of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
What are the factors to be kept in view in dhyana?

Ramana Maharshi: "It is important for one who is established in his Self (atma nista) to see that he does not swerve in the least from this absorption. By swerving from his true nature he may see before him bright effulgences, etc., or hear (unusual) sounds or regard as real the visions of gods appearing within or outside himself. He should not be deceived by these and forget himself."

- Ramana Maharshi

Tradition: Advaita Vedanta
Reference: Spiritual Instruction

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 25-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Emptiness in Buddhism means ' lack of own nature ' something that does not independently exist.
Exactly!

I said this in another thread...but it got deleted.

I totally lost my own nature (even though it was there all along) to the negativity of other people encroaching on my personal belief space and to the by-product of karmic forces. I didn't think in terms of 'self' or 'me' but from a perspective outside this, independent of my own body and conscious mind. I wasn't 'astral traveling' I wasn't 'disassociating' I just totally lost who 'I' was...now you think that would be a good thing? you'd think...

Then I had a feeling that I wanted to find my "I" again...find my beliefs again...tell all those people to go away...I wanted some form of "Me" until I kept all that in check by going "who is this 'me' that 'I' want to become? Is there any distinction between "I" and "me"? however, I was still exploring my beliefs and I felt deep in my heart what I once believed in...what I felt for many years as a child...what I knew to be true...to be love...light...

The same time this all happened, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off, tears were streaming down my face and I just couldn't believe what I was even believing...'belief' didn't even come into it...in that moment, I just knew without knowing...I became love's object.
Old 25-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Master
As long as your happy and don't hurt others you can be I... Me....Self...whatever, they are just labels anyway that we use to communicate with others
Old 25-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You cannot be a Buddha without realizing Emptiness...

Sight is a local mind interruption of the light.. That is why you see that you can do so much yet you can't touch anyone and have them experience the energy.

That is why so many people get lost in the astral and why no traditions encourage it.

Touch in some sense is bewitched, it isn't my style or type.

I not even never bewitched my enemies, that is low class stuff and undesirable by me.

Almost all my friend-God know how to do it so why so important for that.
Old 25-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Touch in some sense is bewitched, it isn't my style or type.

I not even never bewitched my enemies, that is low class stuff and undesirable by me.

Almost all my friend-God know how to do it so why so important for that.

Who is talking bewitched?

What about someone in pain?

Always excuses.. but that is ok.