Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Sunyata does not imply the "great void". Instead, it is the foundation of all phenomena (form and mind). It is the true nature of all phenomena, and it is the basic principle of all existence. In other words, if the universe’s existence was not empty nor impermanent, then all resulting phenomena could not have arisen due to the co-existence of various causes and there would be no rising nor falling. The nature of sunyata is of positive significance!

Only those with the supreme wisdom of the Buddha and Mahabodhisattvas realise and understand that all existences are illusions. They understand that existences are not real from the observation of the flow of changing existences. The numerous illusionary existences may well be diverse and confusing, arising and decaying. But when we look into their true nature, we will find them void and of nirvana-nature.
Thank you for hopping in over to this thread and posting on it.

What is that name given when through years of meditation, one is able to observe their thoughts through controlling their breath...observe there's a small space or gap between each thought...then through the breath extend these gaps into significant times...until, one finds themselves in intense pain being dragged headfirst through the darkness of space and one can only keep this up for about 10 minutes before needing to come back into the body? it's terrible!

Anyway, apart from that my background is in Advaita Vedanta. I have read the Upanishads and I fully realised "that thou art" and "I am that" and everything relating to losing ego and being non-self. I couldn't read anything else because there was nothing more to read...I couldn't do anything because there was nothing else to do....I couldn't think anything because there was nothing else to think...I was totally impartial to everything, couldn't relate self to anything....felt like an observer from the outside always looking in...I knew the whole world was Maya...what I was experiencing was Maya...I felt the nothing, I experienced the nothing...yet that was still all it was - what do Buddhists call it when this happens? when one gets stuck in this state for 10 years?

It wasn't until I opened it all up to Bhairava again that I understood...I felt that peace, that joy...that bliss I still continue to feel whenever I stop thinking about anything...what's that?

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 25-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Thank you for hopping in over to this thread and posting on it.

What is the name given when through years of meditation, one is able to observe their thoughts through controlling their breath...observe there's a small space or gap between each thought...then through the breath extend these gaps into significant times...until, one finds themselves in immense pain being dragged headfirst through the darkness of space and one can only keep this up for about 10 minutes before needing to come back into the body? it's terrible!

Anyway, apart from that my background is in Advaita Vedanta. I have read the Upanishads and I fully realised "that thou art" and "I am that" and everything relating to losing ego and being non-self. I couldn't read anything else because there was nothing more to read...I couldn't do anything because there was nothing else to do....I couldn't think anything because there was nothing else to think...I was totally impartial to everything, couldn't relate self to anything....felt like an observer from the outside always looking in...I knew the whole world was Maya...what I was experiencing was Maya...I felt the nothing, I experienced the nothing...yet that was still all it was - what do Buddhists call it when this happens? when one gets stuck in this state for 10 years?

It wasn't until I opened it all up to Bhairava again that I understood...I felt that peace, that joy...that bliss I still continue to feel whenever I stop thinking about anything...what's that?

Aum Namah Shivaya

The observing of thoughts is called Mindfulness. The gap between thoughts leads to what is called Quite Mind which is what you are associating with nothingness.

The pain you felt is you holding on instead of letting go.
Old 25-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
The observing of thoughts is called Mindfulness. The gap between thoughts leads to what is called Quite Mind which is what you are associating with nothingness.

The pain you felt is you holding on instead of letting go.
Yes, I guess that Shiva helped me let go of many things I was holding onto in the end, but I guess that 'tasting sugar' and 'being sugar' now comes back to haunt me. lol
Old 25-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Suspended
How true is it if some one is not using emptiness to achieve Buddha title or ascending to Buddha.

When we close our eyes and using third eyesight to view inside our body it's seem to be empty. But that is not true.

We can try to see inside the soil it causes the same effect. So when we see inside a tick book the vision is the same.

Do you know why? That is the trick of our eyes, when our eyes attained the ability to traverse through thing then everything is empty although actually it's not. That is a delusion of our feeling and our eyes.

And if our eyes can see through our body, is it not we are not exist anymore.
Old 25-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Do you know why? That is the trick of our eyes, when our eyes attained the ability to traverse through thing then everything is empty although actually it's not. That is a delusion of our feeling and our eyes.

The trick of our eyes is to take what is seen in form as Ultimate Truth. Many teachers have warned about playing with visions and it is a message worth heeding for those receptive to it. fwiw only of course.

Namaste.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 25-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
How true is it if not using emptiness to achieve Buddha title or ascending to Buddha.

When we close our eyes and using third eyesight to view inside our body it's seem to be empty. But that is not true.

We can try to see inside the soil it causes the same effect. So when we see inside a tick book the vision is the same.

And if our eyes can see through our body is it not we are not exist anymore.
It depends on the individual journey and path one has taken.

Sometimes the awareness is there, but full consciousness is not yet. I still don't understand what bridge Buddhists use to take the final journey once they fully understand and realise within their core that all is Maya...all is Mithya. You can know it in your heart of hearts...you can experience it through meditation, but how do you focus and meditate on the emptiness? on nothing?

Don't you think I know the 'form' I love is 'formless'? of course I do! I wouldn't love Him otherwise! I have experienced Him!

Now people may say 'that can relate to anything...to any form...even no form' and I understand that too, but I just found this one opened my heart chakra and brow chakra up the quickest during kundalini meditation.

All I can say now is none of that even matters...none of it.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 25-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Master
The space/gap between thoughts is called ' Pure Awareness '
The experience of no experience
Old 25-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
What if the 'form' was sought after the fact because one couldn't remain in the no-state?

Does Buddha say anything about unconditional love being required to reach that state? how can you love something that's formless?

Isn't form/sound a stepping stone to the perception?

Just questions...

Please define "no-state".

Buddhism's two wings are wisdom (direct seeing) and compassion (unconditional love borne through genuine seeing).

Form/sound is a stepping stone as we are communicating in form. But it is not the Ultimate Truth, yet.

Namaste,
floatzy

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 25-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
Please define "no-state".

Buddhism's two wings are wisdom (direct seeing) and compassion (unconditional love borne through genuine seeing).

Form/sound is a stepping stone as we are communicating in form. But it is not the Ultimate Truth, yet.

Namaste,
floatzy
I have defined it in nearly all my posts above.

Shiva's two wings are Ida and Pingala Nadi on either side of Shusumna Nadi which you guys call 'the Middle Way/Pillar' - everything must be in balance before the energies can be raised up...

I raised mine up without fully opening my heart chakra up first and although it didn't impede the full awakening, it was very bland and dry one, although I experienced every 'symptom' of it. It was nice, yes...it was peaceful, yes, joyful...yes...but I wasn't jumping over the moon about it, let's put it that way.

Until, I went back in and opened my heart up to the universe 'as I understood it' with love at that moment, it was all 'full steam ahead' and that 'emptiness' wasn't 'empty' anymore...it's poorna...it's full up.

I also fully realise and understand form, name etc isn't the ultimate truth too.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 25-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Deactivated Account

It's nice to have you over here with your perspectives. This Buddhist forum is littered with ideas of people who have read of Buddhism but have not practiced much.

Briefly: Bland, dry, joy: these things are all ... just that in Buddhism.

You may be referring to different states of meditation where all sorts of experiences are possible, but Buddhism doesn't posit any particular experience as supreme.

Buddhism posits only Truth, and that is for the Seeker to discover, as outlined in the Heart and Diamond Sutras. When Truth realization takes place, those "words" come to life as Written Truth, yet still "fingers pointing to the moon".

Enjoy your stay here, The Necromancer.

Namaste,
floatzy

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom