Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Kaceykat

EFT & releasing Co-dependency?

I love the way EFT has worked for me this year in releasing issues such as simple angers and hurts. Where I'm having trouble though is "releasing" complicated & old core feelings of co-dependency & feeling responsible for one of my parents from my childhood onwards, esp. now that that same parent actually DOES need me in old age!

My attemtps at EFT work somehow feels like abandoning them and my inner mind (reptilian or primal level?) is fighting it with a "NO I can't tap this, I can't do this, it's not right." I get memory images of that parent looking sad, bereft, and crestfallen even. Though I did have a click moment when the FASTER EFT guy Robert Smith said in a throwaway line "just send them love." I guess the trick is to allow the love to remain, while letting everything else go?

Has anyone else worked this angle w/ EFT? I've been doing a lot of google searchs for tapping on this issue but so far, no hits to help with the aiming of the tapping statements. Am a bit at a loss!

Thanks for any input.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Sslama

I'm in the throws of something similar myself. It's in my nature to take the responsibility....

I have not heard of EFT until you mentioned it. I have issues with my mother who is also elderly and I am trying to accept the way things are, without rejection of myself. But it's not easy to have a mother who is detatched and not very loving.
Old 13-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Kaceykat

Hi Sslama I hear you on your situation...and good for you for working through it. So many people just walk away

If you're interested in learning more, you can scroll down the main EFT thread page, you'll find a posting by Xan explaining what EFT is. The experts will explain it much better than I can, but basically it's like using acupressure on yr face and neck, to help you release old negativity & pains ~~ even aches and pains!

There's a lot on the web about it, and on youtube. Among many, I like a guy named Robert Smith. You see him "tapping" on a woman who witnessed a murder as a child and had been haunted ever since, to help her get over the memory ~~ not only do you see her get immediate release and relief, then there's a follow up a year later, and she'd lost like a hundred pounds and was this relaxed, smiling person!

That one is my favorite. Makes anything I've gone through seem kinda small in comparison, so it gives me hope, and I keep tapping. But I do have to find a way to stay present to my parent, without getting sucked into the chronic drama, distress, and dysfunction they're addicted to :S
Old 13-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceykat
I love the way EFT has worked for me this year in releasing issues such as simple angers and hurts. Where I'm having trouble though is "releasing" complicated & old core feelings of co-dependency & feeling responsible for one of my parents from my childhood onwards, esp. now that that same parent actually DOES need me in old age!

My attemtps at EFT work somehow feels like abandoning them and my inner mind (reptilian or primal level?) is fighting it with a "NO I can't tap this, I can't do this, it's not right." I get memory images of that parent looking sad, bereft, and crestfallen even. Though I did have a click moment when the FASTER EFT guy Robert Smith said in a throwaway line "just send them love." I guess the trick is to allow the love to remain, while letting everything else go?

Has anyone else worked this angle w/ EFT? I've been doing a lot of google searchs for tapping on this issue but so far, no hits to help with the aiming of the tapping statements. Am a bit at a loss!

Thanks for any input.

I have Xan to thank for introducing EFT - even though at first I thought it sounded nutsy. I've been using it for almost a year, and I love it! Just - tap - on - what comes up, because it's for you - it's not going to change 'them' (except perhaps in how it changes / alters your attitude towards them). Keep up the good work, and just tap on what you said above.......I've been sticking with the basics, thus far.

Old 15-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Sslama

Thanks you two....I am going to look into it further. I am trying so hard to not carry this negative baggage with me. It's not easy.
Old 16-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Aquarian

First step in EFT is being sure about what you want to clear.
Old 19-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Kaceykat

Thanks. Gosh, nothing like short and simple for clarity :)

In my case then, I may try tapping on just being angry about being neglected & used as a drinking partner...
Old 19-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Aquarian

Yes.

Though it's a bit more genuine if you help your parents without feeling like you have to.

In fact, because of the Law of Attraction, you'll be manifesting them appearing needy.

Clearing stuff is probably why we're here (on planet Earth).
Old 20-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Kaceykat

WHOA that is one scary thought that I could manifest them as needier haha thanks for the reguiding on that one I sure don't need them draining me more, at least, not until I've tapped and cleared out the years 1970 to oh, 1983!

so much better to be an adult than a kiddie dealing with this. And to have resources like the internet and SF. What a gift.