Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-07-2019, 11:18 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Not a lot but it's worth trying

So, what is it your trying?
Old 20-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
So, what is it your trying?

Trying to understand Aknatons Post below

"We are all imperfect, but it's not a bad idea to strive towards it."
Old 20-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you believe in a fall it's impossible to see the perfection of all, I understand this.

I mean I don't believe in a literal fall but if you believe we're perfect reflections of God then that either makes God also imperfect, or us perfect. And I don't see how we can be perfect when many of us have our 'sins' so to speak. On the far end we have humans out there murdering other humans and if God is also a murderer (as the perfect reflection of ourselves) then no one and nothing is perfect.

So which can it be? Murder is perfection or God is not perfect after all?
Old 20-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Master
Perfection and imperfection are all mindful concepts that exist only in a dual reality .

Non duality or beyond mind there is no thought that you are or you are not perfect, or if you are divine or not .

However while you are experience duality of the mind your conscience is your self measure of perfection .

Does one feel divinely perfect when they abuse another?

x daz x
Old 20-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Master

Hi LadyMay,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
I think it's kind of like a case of "with power comes responsibility", you can have all the power (in this case, high frequency energy), but still be a terrible person. Many powerful people in the world are terrible. Think black magicians who use high vibrational energy to harm others. It is not just possible but happens frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
I do understand your point and was waiting for someone to say it, that true high vibrations naturally equals love and compassion but unfortunately in my own life experiences that hasn't been the case.

In each case the point missed which is more fundamental:

Simply that energy is thought / thought is energy - and energy follows thought / thought follows energy.
What we think about, put energy into, is virtually ‘prayer’.

As such prayer is an energized attitude or orientation, or affirmation - 'good' 'bad' 'high' 'low', etc.. So whether such energetic manifestations are poorly intentioned, impure, corrupt, or even virtuous, is beside the point or at least subsidiary to it.

A further implication is that people's orientation to life as evidenced in their proliferation of comments often indicate an on-going self-conditioning which is essentially like praying (although often unconsciously for failure, dissatisfaction, frustration).

That is, praying for negativity, because they may have experienced such, even in egregious forms, and are further energetically perpetuating limitation in and through cyncism, skepticism, negativity e.g., “I’m limited and frustrated because all I see is life and myself as such BECAUSE _____happened to me." (The unfortunate past must be my future, etc.)

Praying for resolution, healing, validation is not possible, because the very prayer is:
“I can’t see that - all I see is WHAT DID HAPPEN concretely, therefore something new and different and more satisfying isn’t possible, doesn’t exist, isn’t viable” - which is also a “prayer”. Therefore “prayer doesn’t work.” But that IS a prayer which does work, is working, and will continue to work unless and until a new more progressive prayer substantially displaces it.

Its just that quite often we are praying for our own defeat unconsciously, while engaging in intellectual discussion which is the conscious rationalization of those attitudes, which does constitute a type of “prayer”.

~ J

Old 20-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Master

we can't already be perfect or the world would be perfect around us
but you can argue that it isn't perfect because we haven't realised our perfection
there is something to work towards, either way

i mean whatever it is that causes the world not to be perfect is the difference within ourselves between what we are and could be in potentiality
Old 21-07-2019, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
No-one consciously in their right mind would choose to get terminally ill but there is much that has gone on behind the scenes that one isn't aware of .

People that are born to poverty and war torn countries do so because they choose their parents .

They choose their parents because their parents have created the ideal environment for them .

There are so many layers to this as my previous post explained .

If we base everything in life from our immediate levels of self awareness then things can look a little one dimensional at times .

x daz x
thanks for your response. It most definitely will give me something to think about.
Old 21-07-2019, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
How you deal with it is the effect, while the cause is cancer. We aren't in control of both the cause and effect; they are just what they are. The effect is the result of something happening, which can be randomly good or bad, depending on how one feels about it.

Not sure what you mean that other people are a 'reflection' of my energy though. What I personally know myself to be true as someone who personally met over 100 people in a few years, a lot of people (especially those my age) are self-centered narcissists. Your energy or vibes can be as high as possible, yet those kind of people will still leave you to die in the ditch when push comes to shove. It has nothing to do with energy, but attitudes. I know that because thankfully I met a handful of good people who like to have me around. If my energy really stinks that much, I'm pretty sure even they would've pushed me away.
a lot of what your asking about comes down to basic human phycology. I work with mentally disabled people who have a very hard time communicating like the rest of us. To do my job effectively I had to learn to really pay attention on my tone and body language. That's the mirror I am talking about. Also along to paying attention to my own I pay attention to there's to really understand what they want. "Normal" people that constantly without thinking about it. Human communication is 10% word's 90% tone and body language. Here's a funny one to think about as well. It's common people only read the first paragraph or two of and article or post. Roughly 10%
I am in the same place as you as for "meeting people". Meeting a truly good person seems to be like winning the lottery but if you never buy that ticket you will never win.
Old 21-07-2019, 06:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
we can't already be perfect or the world would be perfect around us
but you can argue that it isn't perfect because we haven't realised our perfection
there is something to work towards, either way

i mean whatever it is that causes the world not to be perfect is the difference within ourselves between what we are and could be in potentiality

Our core self/essence is perfect as is the Universe, our Human behaviour is flawed as is the World.
Our physical existence has it's ups and downs as it's constantly in flux but our core self is unchangeable and eternal.

"In this broad Earth of ours,
Amid the measureless grossness and the slag,
Enclosed and safe within its central heart,
Nestles the seed Perfection."
Old 21-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Deactivated Account

In one of my posts, I had said that the power of Prayer is Faith. Allow me to correct that here, as the Power of Prayer is within God alone. St. Paul says that we do not know what to pray for, but the Spirit is our Helper in prayer. We are to pray according to God's Will in order for our prayer to be answered through His Power. As St. John the Beloved says that if our prayer is within God's Will, it shall most definitely be answered.

Therefore, according to scripture, the Power of Prayer lies in its answer from God.