Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-06-2019, 01:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Wink I was asked if I believed I was God in hospital. Opinions?

I was in acute psychiatric inpatient care a few years ago. After doing some testing at the hospital, I was asked, I'm not sure if it was a nurse, a tester, or what, but they asked if I thought I was God. I told them no, because I didn't. Can psychiatrists tell when someone has had a kundalini awakening? Can the kundalini serpent be seen with extravagant hospital equipment? Also, around the same time, I took a picture of myself by my cell phone, and I was sitting on my bed by the window. When I looked at it, I saw a fiery, orange thing around my head that looked like the top of the kundalini when it has fully been activated. Yes, I'm saying the kundalini was freaking caught on camera! I've never seen anything like that! So I guess, in this post, I have several questions. I'm confused and don't know what's going on. During the inpatient hospital stay, I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 disorder. I don't think i have that at all; I believe I have been spiritually awakened. All I cared about growing up was scripture and spirituality. Also, a psychiatrist told me, after I told her I had astral projected several dozen times, that it was dissociation. Whatever that is. Please, someone, answer my questions. What on earth do you think? I'm bizarre, I know, and so is this post. My apologies. I've asked my mom, people on quora, but no response. I'm alone, traveling that dark night of the soul.
Old 24-06-2019, 02:19 PM
Ascender
They were testing u. If u had said "yes, i am God" then for them that would have been a point favoring/supporting that u have mental illness.

"Can psychiatrists tell when someone has had a kundalini awakening?"
They aren't taught this in their med school.
Old 24-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taralb
What on earth do you think? I'm bizarre, I know, and so is this post. My apologies. I've asked my mom, people on quora, but no response. I'm alone, traveling that dark night of the soul.
From someone who used to work in mental health.......

Keep your head down and your mouth shut when it comes to shrinks, or anybody outside of Spiritual circles. Sorry for being blunt but that's the best way. If you say you're God they'll lock you up and throw away the key, and believe me a psych ward is not a pleasant place. Say as little to the shrink as you have to and keep anything Spiritual out of it, save the Spirituality and the Kundalini for the forums and people you know who understand. Seriously.

Medical equipment can't detect energies other than electrical ones in the body, so Kundalini is out of detection range. Shrinks aren't taught to deal with religion never mind Spirituality - and Eastern Spirituality/energies are out of the ball park. What time of day was it when you took the photo of you sitting by the window? If the sun was particularly bright or it was sunset/sunrise it's possible you have nothing more than camera glare. If it was dark, did you have a light on that might have affected it? It's not that I'm doubting you, I'm just trying to come up with rational explanations.

Disassociation is multiple personalities, as far as a shrink is concerned the astral travelling is one of your multiple personalities, your astral self being seen as a separate personality. You being God would be considered another, possibly, also your 'Spiritual self' if you talk about it too enthusiastically. Sometimes Spiritual people can be dissociative of their 'mundane aspect' in favour of a much more exciting Spiritual aspect - they disassociate with anything 'human', or it can be diagnosed as being Bipolar. The Dark Night of the Soul can also be diagnosed as Bipolar because the 'symptoms' are very similar. Telling the shrink you're God can also be diagnosed as a so-called 'God complex or Narcissistic Personality Disorder, as can being completely convinced that you know better than the doctors. Telling them in no uncertain terms that you're not insane but you're Spiritual will only make them more convinced you have NPD.

As far as I'm aware there are no precidents for any common ground between mental health and Spirituality, unless you find a shrink who has at least an inkling of Spirituality. I don't rate your chances though. The one thing I will warn you about is that if you're perceived to be a threat to other yourself or others, the shrinks have the power under law to lock you up and dope you down. Not pretty. You're treading on very flaky ground here so be very careful. Do yourself a favour and keep the Spirituality to one side, but go through the motions with the shrinks. At least if they give you a clean bill of health you'll be able to move on.
Old 24-06-2019, 09:54 PM
Master
I’m going to guess that they gave you a psychiatric test, maybe something like the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic
Personality Inventory) which is widely used in the mental health field.

Most probably the way you answered the questions on such a test led them to ask you that question. You don’t
have to say that you are God on a test for them to determine that maybe you have a “God complex.”

I am not saying that you have a God complex, I’m just saying they asked you that question to determine, confirm
or eliminate, what they got from your test results. Don’t let it bother you, this is about them and not about you.

Everyone in this world can be diagnosed as mentally unstable, especially when you use the DSM (Diagnostic
and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders). There is a category in that book which can fit anyone.

No, they can not see, or tell, if you have been doing Kundalini meditation. But you have to be careful who you
share that kind of information with. Spiritual counselors, in my opinion, are better than mental health workers
when it comes to spiritual experiences.
Old 24-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Seeker

pyschiatric conditions and spiritual awareness are not opposites that never meet , cross over or may both be present at the same time.
It needn't be a question of is it spiritual or a mental health condition. Spiritual awareness, spiritual paths and spiritual seeking in some cases can create mental disorders. Similarly some mental illness can cause delusions of grandeur and of god like control and so this is a relevant question when assessing mental health. Over the years, Ive come across so much fear and myth surrounding these two, and not enough down to earth honesty about the reality of mental health that can exist in spiritual communities.

So having bipolar doesnt mean that you arent awakened anymore than being awakened means that you cant possibly have a mental health condition. Perhaps the opposite is more real... that as you develop a depth of awareness of the world around you, it becomes more necessary to develop the mental health to cope with it. When people need help it is healthy to seek it.
I come from a country where people that seek help face long waiting times and are often turned away from getting any help, even when they want to section themselves. It breeds gratefulness that perhaps makes it harder to imagine seeing someone who is there to help as the bad guy.
Dissociation is not multiple personalities as greenslade has said. There are different ypes of disociation with different symptoms. A search engine can provide more information on this.
Old 25-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Master
The system of psychiatric diagnosis is SO outmoded...been through it:

Doctor: "Do you think you are God?"
Me: "Of course I do...and guess what? You are God TOO!"
Doctor: "I am not God".
Me: "Know that for a fact do you? Or do you just think that?"
Doctor: "we are discussing YOU, not ME!"
Me: "Is there a difference?"
Doctor: "I am diagnosing you with Asperger's Disorder".
Me: "Oh cool...where should I pin that label?"
Old 25-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Master
By the way..."Kundalini Awakening" to a psychologist translates as "Functional Neurological Condition - Unspecified".

Been there, done that too!

There are a few shrinks who know about Kundalini as part of the Spiritual Emergence Network, but trying to locate a practicing one, is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

http://www.spiritualemergencenetwork.org/

Ionization of the Cerebral Spinal Fluid is often a very good indicator of an active Kundalini... just saying.
Old 25-06-2019, 11:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Psychiatrists are only taught to put you into a straitjacket if you answered 'yes' to their question. They're the last kind of people you should talk to about anything spriritual.
Old 25-06-2019, 12:14 PM
Master
In Australia, it is actually pretty good otherwise.

You can say whatever you damn well LIKE to a psychiatrist or mental health team...discuss spirituality and Kundalini til the cows come home...dance naked on their desk..and it is always:

"Do you have persistent thoughts of harming yourself or another person?"

If the answer is "no", then no matter what ELSE you may say, they will just tell you to get lost.

It is amazing how a lack of government funding for the public health system affects the diagnostic criteria for mental illness doesn't it?

Are you in a private fund?
Nope!
Then I cannot find anything wrong with you.

Are you in a private fund?
Yes!
Then you have Bi-polar, schizophrenia, PTSD and Autism...I am arranging your admission right now...

Strange that.
Old 25-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
From someone who used to work in mental health.......

Keep your head down and your mouth shut when it comes to shrinks, or anybody outside of Spiritual circles. Sorry for being blunt but that's the best way. If you say you're God they'll lock you up and throw away the key, and believe me a psych ward is not a pleasant place. Say as little to the shrink as you have to and keep anything Spiritual out of it, save the Spirituality and the Kundalini for the forums and people you know who understand. Seriously.
This was exactly my first thought.
You could not even say an angel visited you ...they think you're psychotic. Good luck.

Oh, I got fired from a job because they thought I was taking drugs....
Why...because I was too happy.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru