Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 15-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You can't rely on logic, nor on what others preach. There are so many opinions, and nobody can say who's right (if any ...).

The better solution is to try to find out for yourself by getting into an altered state of consciousness (self-hypnosis, meditation, ...), and once there ask questions to your inner source of knowledge.

Yes, I try meditation but the longest I can do just 7 or 8 minutes. And my country is very sound pollution I can't find any silence place to do it and about hypnosis, we don't have any experts for doing that
Old 15-05-2019, 09:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
When I was growing up, I too thought a lot about death. I would read that someone had died and I would wonder if, when that person woke up that morning, did they have any idea that this was their last day on Earth?

But I found the prospect of death exciting. For me, death was the Great Mystery. I was in no hurry to die, but I knew that whatever else I did in life, one day I would find out for myself what happened at death.

Since then I have read a lot about death and dying and what might happen afterwards. This included out-of-body experiences, near-death experiences, hypnotic regression, and all the accounts of children who speak about their previous life and family. And there is also the entire philosophy of Yoga.

And yes, none of this is concrete empirical evidence. But the sheer weight of anecdotal evidence is enough to convince me that consciousness will survive physical death.

Now I am in my sixties, and who knows how much longer I will live. But I enjoy my life, while still patiently awaiting the Great Adventure of death.

Peace.

Thank you sir for your advice

About the NDE (Near Dead Experiance) Dr confirm there is still energy working on the brain after the clinical dead. But they're not sure what people saw with those NDE is effect by the pill or not

I just 26 right now at this time people having fun, traveling and dating but for me, I'm just researching reincarnation
Old 15-05-2019, 10:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooooooo
Thank you sir for your advice

About the NDE (Near Dead Experiance) Dr confirm there is still energy working on the brain after the clinical dead. But they're not sure what people saw with those NDE is effect by the pill or not

I just 26 right now at this time people having fun, traveling and dating but for me, I'm just researching reincarnation

You are not alone, every day I spend time contemplating about similar things, we are more drawn to the spiritual side than the average people.. but don't make an obsession from it.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
You are not alone, every day I spend time contemplating about similar things, we are more drawn to the spiritual side than the average people.. but don't make an obsession from it.

It is hard for me at this time, I can't stop thinking about the dead. Even I told my mommy but in Việt Nam everything like reincarnation reborn or living somewhere else after die is a belief. So they don't care about that much
Old 15-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, of course, that's why I'm on the internet and here for researching it
Right, ok, I couldn't tell from your first post as to whether you liked the idea or not.
Old 15-05-2019, 07:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooooooo
Yes, I try meditation but the longest I can do just 7 or 8 minutes. And my country is very sound pollution I can't find any silence place to do it and about hypnosis, we don't have any experts for doing that

For self-hypnosis, I suggest the book "How to Master Self-Hypnosis in a Weekend" by Rick Smith. If you can't get the book, you can still use the author's online downloads that will prepare you for self-hypnosis, from http://www.zonehypnosis.com/downloads (you'll get the links by email).
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-05-2019, 01:05 PM
Master

There has yet to be a valid definition of 'soul'. Just one of the failing definitions of anything 'supernatural' which isn't measurable or in any way tangible. In general the assumption is that the 'soul' is a sort of ghostlike thing which drives the living physical body and continues to walk, float, chat, and for the most part retains certain traits or characters of the any now deceased individual.
It is, at least in the reports of confirming spiritualists, connected to the body by a silver cord which when broken allows the 'soul' to be free and so move into other planes, dimensions or other states of existence until the time is ripe for the 'soul' to be returned to Earth by being reborn in a fitting and suitable 'environment' the quality of which is dependent upon another thing called karma which reflects the moral or ethical behaviour of past lives. The idea being that every new earthly life offers opportunities to compensate for past sins or failures.
Apparently this new environment reflects the harvest gained from the seeds sown in previous lives. We may assume, and here I'm saying this very carefully, that those children we see lying in their mothers' arms starving and with bones like matchsticks, or those people we see on TV living as pygmies in the jungles of Borneo, or those people living in ghettos - and all the other unmentionables we read about every day, deserve what they are getting.
Well, I for one don't think it can be like that. Lots of people no longer think that it can be so. In India, where this sort of thought train existed for centuries great efforts are being made to get rid of the Caste system a direct result of such beliefs.
Not for the first time I suggest the word 'karma' be replaced by the word 'evolution', the word 'spirit' by 'information' and the word 'soul' by 'consciousness'.
This would give us the chance to appreciate our mind/body existence and would cause evolution to be a moral and ethical challenge.
Old 17-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Suspended
I believe in reincarnation, but I also believe in Jesus, but Jesus didn't teach us about reincarnation but I hope to go to Heaven after I die, despite him saying "narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Old 17-05-2019, 07:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I believe in reincarnation, but I also believe in Jesus, but Jesus didn't teach us about reincarnation but I hope to go to Heaven after I die, despite him saying "narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

How do we know that Jesus did not teach about reincarnation? We have to remember that the gospels selected for the New Testament were chosen because they reflected a particular perspective. Other gospels offering different ideas were rejected.

The purpose behind choosing which texts appeared in the Bible was to strengthen the power of the priesthood in the early Christian church. Therefore it was taught that people had one lifetime followed by Heaven or Hell, and if people wanted to end up in Heaven they were dependent on the Church for their salvation.

The doctrine of reincarnation would have reduced the power of the Church and the priesthood, because it removes the ideas of eternity in Heaven or Hell and it also removes the need for the Church.

The New Testament cannot be considered an accurate reflection of the life and teachings of Jesus, because it was put together long after the death of Christ by ordinary humans following a particular agenda.

Peace.
Old 19-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
How do we know that Jesus did not teach about reincarnation? We have to remember that the gospels selected for the New Testament were chosen because they reflected a particular perspective. Other gospels offering different ideas were rejected.

The purpose behind choosing which texts appeared in the Bible was to strengthen the power of the priesthood in the early Christian church. Therefore it was taught that people had one lifetime followed by Heaven or Hell, and if people wanted to end up in Heaven they were dependent on the Church for their salvation.

The doctrine of reincarnation would have reduced the power of the Church and the priesthood, because it removes the ideas of eternity in Heaven or Hell and it also removes the need for the Church.

The New Testament cannot be considered an accurate reflection of the life and teachings of Jesus, because it was put together long after the death of Christ by ordinary humans following a particular agenda.

Peace.

I completely agree, whatever written or not written, you will always harvest what you plant.