Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-05-2019, 11:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
That's precisely what Constantine wanted you to believe. There was no way he could have sold his doctrine by portraying Jesus as entirely human. Constantine even made up the story about Jesus being born on 25th December - the commencement of the Saturnalia festival in Rome. He has to align it with the paganism of the times if he hoped for any credibility.

Jesus himself thought rather differently, given evidence by such gospels as Thomas and Mary Magdalene, deliberately kept out of the Bible by Constantine who also tried to have the Apocryphal gospels destroyed. He didn't quite succeed.

I'm simply referring to the Myth of Jesus here. How much of that is actually true, I have no idea. Not much, I suspect, or they may have been based on the life and achievements of others, not just the historical figure.

I personally have no emotional investment in the Jesus story, so It only interests me insofar as it conforms to certain patterns found in other, generally more ancient myths.

The interesting part to me is the story of the Essenes, who all apparently lived a life like Jesus did, including all the preaching and healing. That is an angle I would personally like to explore.
Old 28-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Master
Does it really matter how we label it as long as we understand how it makes us feel? I don't any special names or categories I just know how it affects me and how those thoughts and feelings affect others around me. Keep it simple is my message.
Old 28-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
All I can tell you is that too many, perhaps all, are male. I see it here: people extolling and/or preaching a male doctrine. Unless I'm wildly mistaken even Abraham Hicks is a female hiding behind a male name (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Why is this, I wonder? Do males have the monopoly on communication with the divine? Are they alone the gender with a toolbox of panaceas for increasingly distressing lives?

For all that, men are far more out of touch with their emotions than women. I find it weird that too many of these "ascended masters", gurus, whatever, derive their stuff by leading lives out of kilter with nature. The Roman church is typical, far from alone. Abstinence. Is that natural?

Males obviously do not have a monopoly on communication with the Divine. India has a long tradition of female yoginis and saints, some of whom (e.g. Anandamayi Ma) were widely revered. Even Christianity has had many notable female mystics who communed with the Divine.

I would not consider the Roman Catholic church as a source of spiritual wisdom. It teaches various dogmas which have their origins in political decisions designed to increase the power of the Catholic church.

But yes, the majority of teachers do seem to have incarnated in male bodies, and there may be practical reasons for this. As society develops we might expect that the balance of male/female teachers will even out.

Peace.
Old 15-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Newbie ;)

It appears The bible is a bit of a scrapbook collated over hundreds of years and so the information is equally fragmented. There does seem to be references to initiations in the Surat Shabd tradition along with accounts of meditation such as opening the book of seals in Revelation. Anything written is open to interpretation, this is after being rewritten again from ancient Hebrew and then changed again to suit your bias and so where does that leave us??
Old 19-06-2019, 02:16 PM
RE: Ascended masters, our advanced brother and sisters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
i just wanted to ask do you feel Jesus was the greatest of them all ...

it's just the way the bible explains the thing's that Jesus did it's beyond what the other masters have done but the trouble with the bible is the metaphor
style talk it's like where it says the 2nd coming of Christ, a lot of people from different paths believe it's a metaphor for the ascension process of today.
Actually, many things Jesus did other yogis, masters do all the time*, also...it's really just a matter,
(ha, no pun intended) of knowing what
this place is made up of...atoms...there is no true 'matter'**.

Jesus and many know this and this knowledge is deeply in them, ya know...not like intellectual.
The people that think many stories are hyperbole or metaphors say that because they can't imagine it...
walking on water, come on... going thru walls, come on.
Manifesting fish and bread for 1000s from one basket? C'mon.
Yet, this is child's play.

From all that I have read from Jesus' channeled messages, well, really from others***....he's the highest ...
in the closest Celestial Realm near the Creator/ Father Himself...they are like one.
No one is that close really.

Btw, Jesus' ascension? Again, child's play...he separated his atoms, moving farther and farther apart, dematerializing.
It sure did look like he was disappearing or ascending...imagine, like the opposite of an implosion...a spreading out, so to speak.

It happened to me once, haha ...and a friend said, "Um.You're disappearing Miss H."...LOL,
As I nodded my head, 'Uh-huh'...I came back together slowly..

Oh I laugh...What was that all about? Who knows!!
But I was
practicing the Sant Mat / Rhadasoami traditions, for years...meditating 6 hours a session, strict dietary practices, etc.
So, anything can happen, oh my ...the stories, I could tell!!!!

Many times I just touch people and for some reason they are simply healed. Again, the stories...
A super neat time it was a hereditary hip issue talking to a friend at a huge BBQ, tho...but she and her brother were militant,
kinda mean atheists.

It became a big deal as she told others...I just said, "Oh, that's great."
And kept eating my Brat and beer.
It happens.

(Her brother wanted me to do a healing in a round-about way...but, he is so mean ...
I didn't want to have anything to with him...so i told him about a physical therapist...he's creepy.
He couldn't even find it in himself to simply ask me...or I would have, of course....
But it's not like some trick I perform.)
Will people scoff as I tell this story...of course...who cares.
Am I special?
No more than anyone else...I've just put in a bit more effort is all to seek the Kingdom of Heaven...
Jesus did say, 'Seek that first'.
I took it to heart very early in life.

Why do I even tell a story or two? To encourage people...
You can do anything like any master, guys!!!

* Of interest : Baird Spaulding's 'Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East'.
** Nothing you see with your eyes open is real....nothing.
*** Of interest: The channeled messages to James E. Padget, around 1914-17 Boston area.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Seeker

i got a question for people here, it's something i saw a while ago that said that kundalini energy is what all the master's worked on and alot of guru's of today will say that kundalini energy is the holy spirit within you.
how do you feel about this? it does seem as if this is something the higher up people in religions don't want you to know and i think this is a mental block keeping people stuck and unable to asend to higher awareness.
Old 19-06-2019, 05:36 PM
Knower
hey some intresting points of interest at here, care to share is it true that where church locations are, is it on ley lines and does this have an effect on the body in some way? it seems the church architects knew what they were doing and could this explain why people feel all uplifted in church?
Old 19-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Master

Listening to the conversation, masters do not see other masters equal to themselves, the one speaking, maintaining the idea me as the one. I think in the modern era masters should learn and be taught about other masters. I would like to see masters be able to reference other masters and be more inclusive, instead of maintaining division. It may be masters have the same difficulty. I usually find that masters have difficulty in explaining what they want to say and it would be useful to bring in others that are familiar to us. It would also open dialog among various teachers in acceptance and understanding as well as those seeking. We are saying it can't be done, masters are saying it can't be done.
Old 19-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_journey
i got a question for people here, it's something i saw a while ago that said that kundalini energy is what all the master's worked on and alot of guru's of today will say that kundalini energy is the holy spirit within you.
how do you feel about this? it does seem as if this is something the higher up people in religions don't want you to know and i think this is a mental block keeping people stuck and unable to asend to higher awareness.

Yes, that is correct.

Kundalini Shakti is known as the Shekinah or Holy Spirit in Judaism and Christianity. You could say it is the supressed Goddess aspect of the trinity. Since you have a Father and a Son, a Female part of the Trinity would make sense. It is very esoteric, but I think those that are higher up in the religious hierarchy are well aware of this, but don't want the masses to know. Supression of the female side of God is crucial in keeping the general population in the dark and oppressed.
Old 19-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
you know they say ascended spiritual masters through out time and how they were highly psychic and had mediumship abilities to receive any information.
this is a very touchy topic i noticed the religious people will not acept this and will go in debate mode with you lol
i just wanted to ask do you feel jesus was the greatest of them all or would you say they are equal in their own way it's like with buddha a very peaceful person yeah.
it's just the way the bible explains the thing's that jesus did it's beyond what the other masters have done but the trouble with the bible is the metaphor style talk it's like where it says the 2nd coming of christ, alot of people from different paths believe it's a metaphor for the ascension process of today.

Hi..

No, I do not believe Jesus was the ''greatest'' of them all. He was perhaps one, and a religion has formed around the figure and he was made sense of in a specific cultural context. If he was enlightened then any chest pounding about ''being the greatest'' becomes sort of irrelevant. Such games are of the mind..

My take on these 'masters'; Through spiritual practice we can get closer to divinity. Those who are experienced enough and reached a certain level become *enlightened*. An enlightened person however would be beyond all human baggage, all negativity. That person would have transcended all anger, doubt, jealousy, sadness, frustration, etc. He or she would be a ''God in the flesh'' and would not fear to speak the truth to anyone. That person would practice non-violence to the greatest degree possible as a human being..

Such a person is very rare and does definitely deserve ''master'' title..

I don't believe in ''the ascension process'' because humanity and society aren't exactly moving towards such a direction. We pillage our planet, use resources unsustainably, needlessly slaughter billions of animals, and also kill many humans. It's all rather materialistic and short term how we go about doing things.