Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Master
Life is but a dream

Hello,

Some thoughts have been playing in the mind.

Life is but a dream, comes to mind.

This leads the thoughts to looking at what is a dream? What does a dream reflect?

Dreams reflect aspects of myself. Much like when sleeping and have images that are formed, these images are reflections of the self.

So, recently been having flashes that while awake ( physically), at times, feel in kind of a dream state. Which brings the thoughts what aspect of the self is being reflected to me?

Used to lucid dream. Lucid dreaming in short is being conscious that one is dreaming. In this state was able to interact with in the dream and the images that may occur. Starting to get back to training my mind to do this again. For me it takes practice.

Anyways, to look at life as a dream brings the thought that as I become more conscious of what is happening around and with in me in a way become more lucid. Through this become more conscious of things that may be and are reflecting aspects of myself. Through this become more aware of ways to better interact with others and life. Also, become more aware of how I may be able to heal aspects with in myself.

I'll leave my thoughts here at present. Hope this is clear enough for now.

So what are the thoughts and insights you all have on this?

Thank you
Old 24-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Master
Hermeticism explains reality as the dream of The All or Universal Mind. I am an aspect of that dream; I am what The All dreams. And I am in contact with the consciousness of The All when I dream or meditate, much like telepathy in a way. So says the Hermetic path anyway.
Old 24-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Master
You know how circumstances in a dream can defy and transcend reality? Like, impossible things happening; situations shifting from one reality to another in a split second? I've had that happen in my life a number of times. My life was one way; then in a split second my reality became something different. Instantaneous shifts in my consciousness and lifestyle that completely redirected my life path. It's because of those happenings, and some other things I've read, that I believe I am living in what amounts to a dream reality. Where the alt-reality dream laws I experience in my dreams, in a very real way also apply and exist in this my material life. These experiences of mine, for me, confirm this to be the case. It is why I say and have said for decades that life is a miracle. Miracles are happening all around me in every moment. Enlightenment for me really is waking up to this reality; having conscious experiences of this miraculous reality I exist within.
Old 24-01-2017, 04:01 PM
boshy b. good

life is sure thick and bone, sure thick and thin, we are
planet earth people wanting or liking extras by excellente,
Old 25-01-2017, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hermeticism explains reality as the dream of The All or Universal Mind. I am an aspect of that dream; I am what The All dreams. And I am in contact with the consciousness of The All when I dream or meditate, much like telepathy in a way. So says the Hermetic path anyway.

Hi Baile,

Have come across this in reading some Hermetic philosophy/teachings. Also various stories ( for lack of better word) has been told to me. Yet, it was held as an idea in my mind.

Relate it more to being of creation. Still this too has brought pondering so as to what this means. At times admit a bit of over thinking comes into play. So, it came to me in simpler terms.

As it is when I dream while sleeping, so it it can be while awake. For what do dreams reflect after all? Myself. Doesn't life do this as well?

If life reflects me as well, then in a way it is a dream. Through this both myself and life reflect each other showing each aspects of each other, but it is for me to notice and therefore take action to bring focus to this. Through this it seems more awareness of All/creation forms with in the consciousness.

Just what comes to me at present.
Old 25-01-2017, 01:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You know how circumstances in a dream can defy and transcend reality? Like, impossible things happening; situations shifting from one reality to another in a split second? I've had that happen in my life a number of times. My life was one way; then in a split second my reality became something different. Instantaneous shifts in my consciousness and lifestyle that completely redirected my life path. It's because of those happenings, and some other things I've read, that I believe I am living in what amounts to a dream reality. Where the alt-reality dream laws I experience in my dreams, in a very real way also apply and exist in this my material life. These experiences of mine, for me, confirm this to be the case. It is why I say and have said for decades that life is a miracle. Miracles are happening all around me in every moment. Enlightenment for me really is waking up to this reality; having conscious experiences of this miraculous reality I exist within.

Agree, life is a miracle. Very cool on the shifts you have experienced. They just happened?

Hmmm, I can relate in a way in the sense that when I consciously shift my focus, this shifts my perspective on things. There has also been times when shifting focus things just calm down around me.

Brings the thoughts to when someone may say breath, just breath. Bringing focus to the breathing and through this changing the focus and shifting the mind to being centered.

May not be related to what you share, not sure. What you share though brought these thoughts to mind. How perspective and perception can be shifted by a simple breath and with in a moment.

Wonder how many actual notice these subtle changes life.
Old 25-01-2017, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
life is sure thick and bone, sure thick and thin, we are
planet earth people wanting or liking extras by excellente,

Hi boshy b. good,

Not sure what to make of this.

Just will throw in a thought.

I enjoy the extras life throws my way, whether in the solid or with in the wisps of dreams.
Old 25-01-2017, 06:37 AM
Master
What immediately comes to mind is "Row, Row, Row your boat, gently down the stream...."

Then that scene out of the Star Trek movie, where Spock asks Captain Kirk about it...what does "Life is but a Dream" mean because the whole premise of it was "illogical".

After Kirk tried to explain it to Spock...he gave up and sorta said "you figure it out" and Spock could not.

I'm with Spock. lol
Old 25-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Some thoughts have been playing in the mind.

Life is but a dream, comes to mind.

This leads the thoughts to looking at what is a dream? What does a dream reflect?

Dreams reflect aspects of myself. Much like when sleeping and have images that are formed, these images are reflections of the self.

So, recently been having flashes that while awake ( physically), at times, feel in kind of a dream state. Which brings the thoughts what aspect of the self is being reflected to me?

Used to lucid dream. Lucid dreaming in short is being conscious that one is dreaming. In this state was able to interact with in the dream and the images that may occur. Starting to get back to training my mind to do this again. For me it takes practice.

Anyways, to look at life as a dream brings the thought that as I become more conscious of what is happening around and with in me in a way become more lucid. Through this become more conscious of things that may be and are reflecting aspects of myself. Through this become more aware of ways to better interact with others and life. Also, become more aware of how I may be able to heal aspects with in myself.

I'll leave my thoughts here at present. Hope this is clear enough for now.

So what are the thoughts and insights you all have on this?

Thank you

Hi Moonie ..

Have you ever had a dream that you are dreaming and waking up within the dream believing that you are really awake and yet your not?

I think awareness of what you are within life experience can pertain many levels of what we refer dreaming and awake states.

Is it possible for there to be awakeness within a dream when the so called dream is only made up of dream characters .. the permutations are infinite perhaps depending on which way one looks at it.

x daz x
Old 25-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Very cool on the shifts you have experienced. They just happened?
I attribute those shifts to higher self consciousness inserting itself into the lower self will-struggle. Example: years of addiction, unable to will myself to quit... over in the blink of an eye, from one moment to the next, because the higher self has said enough is enough, time to move on in your discovery path. Never to struggle with it again or even think about it.

We live in linear time-oriented belief: If I will myself, I can quit.
Higher self reality is all-encompassing and space-oriented, a realm where past, present and future meet, and where everything has already been accomplished: I was that. I am that no longer. I am now this.