Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
He was traveling India....

I'm thinking the same, a lot of his Teachings are very similar to Buddhism and Hinduism.
Old 30-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Of course my answer stands. In many respects.

People died for Hitler too. Vietnam stank of Napalm because people imagined that what they were being told was true. We all walk about with flags telling the world just what great countries we live in - oblivious to the damage we carry out with our words, bombs, restrictions, beliefs.

Personally I don't see much in the few words that 'Jesus' spoke as being very different from those spoken a couple of centuries earlier by Plato and Socrates who didn't call upon a supernatural being to hover in the background.

My friend, I think your comparison is totally wrong... the people who fought for Hitler were at war, they murdered other people, innocent people, I never heard that a disciple of Christ to murder people for their belief and because of this to end up losing their lives... It's history, they were murdered for their belief and that's it, they had no intention to murder other people or to create wars, I am talking about the martyrs.

Yes, but those people died, Christ died and came back to life, without this, Jesus would be just like all the other teachers of the past..... and because of this, He is above all the other teachers, Buddha died and all the other died, even to this day, people claim to see Jesus in their dreams, people that had nothing to do with christian religion.Just some time ago I watched the story of a muslim man ( this man sold his friend when they were young because his friend wanted to be christian, his friend was murdered ) who had his child really sick, he prayed and prayed to his god and nothing happened and as a last chance, he decided to pray to Christ too, some time later his child was just fine.This man tried everything before even giving a change to the "higher powers".You rarely hear people talking about dreaming Buddha or any other religious figure.
Old 30-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
My friend, I think your comparison is totally wrong... the people who fought for Hitler were at war, they murdered other people, innocent people, I never heard that a disciple of Christ to murder people for their belief and because of this to end up losing their lives... It's history, they were murdered for their belief and that's it, they had no intention to murder other people or to create wars, I am talking about the martyrs.

Yes, but those people died, Christ died and came back to life, without this, Jesus would be just like all the other teachers of the past..... and because of this, He is above all the other teachers, Buddha died and all the other died, even to this day, people claim to see Jesus in their dreams, people that had nothing to do with christian religion.Just some time ago I watched the story of a muslim man ( this man sold his friend when they were young because his friend wanted to be christian, his friend was murdered ) who had his child really sick, he prayed and prayed to his god and nothing happened and as a last chance, he decided to pray to Christ too, some time later his child was just fine.This man tried everything before even giving a change to the "higher powers".You rarely hear people talking about dreaming Buddha or any other religious figure.

' You rarely hear people talking about dreaming Buddha or any other religious figure.'

That is not true, maybe in the circle of people you mix within but I can assure you that people tend to dream about their own personal Teacher/Guru etc :
Old 30-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I'm thinking the same, a lot of his Teachings are very similar to Buddhism and Hinduism.

My answer was slightly tongue in cheek because I know it is a popular theory. In realistic terms I think it unlikely that Jesus went to India because the middle east had never heard of the far east at that time. The Jews did not know India existed. How would Jesus ever manage to reach India should He know it existed? He would have to walk or travel by horse which would take years. It is an unlikely theory. My apologies for goading you.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 30-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Master

Quote:
' You rarely hear people talking about dreaming Buddha or any other religious figure.'

That is not true, maybe in the circle of people you mix within but I can assure you that people tend to dream about their own personal Teacher/Guru etc :

Yes, but you rarely hear about them and I spend months watching videos about people who claimed to see Jesus or any other religious figure.Just do a search on youtube about people claming that they saw Buddha in their dreams, you will not find many, then search about Jesus and you will see video after video.
Old 30-07-2019, 03:30 PM
Master

Quote:
I haven't read that particular book but it's one that might interest me, thanks.

Give it a chance and please tell me what do you believe about it, go to Jesus's life, there is an entire chapter or more, it starts from the day He was born to the day He died, year after year with many details.
Old 30-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My answer was slightly tongue in cheek because I know it is a popular theory. In realistic terms I think it unlikely that Jesus went to India because the middle east had never heard of the far east at that time. The Jews did not know India existed. How would Jesus ever manage to reach India should He know it existed? He would have to walk or travel by horse which would take years. It is an unlikely theory. My apologies for goading you.

If he could turn water into wine then anything is possible
Old 30-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Give it a chance and please tell me what do you believe about it, go to Jesus's life, there is an entire chapter or more, it starts from the day He was born to the day He died, year after year with many details.

I have just found it for free so I will have a read later.
Thanks.
Old 30-07-2019, 04:42 PM
ImthatIm

He traveled around with his great uncle Joseph of Arimathea.
Josheph was a rich tin and metal trader.
The story goes they traveled to England, India and South America.
Joseph of Arimathea was referred to by the Romans as 'Nobilis Decurio' or Minister of Mines to the Roman Government.

Which all lead us to the legends around Glastonbury England after Jesus's Crucifixion.

Speculation of course.
Old 30-07-2019, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
He traveled around with his great uncle Joseph of Arimathea.
Josheph was a rich tin and metal trader.
The story goes they traveled to England, India and South America.
Joseph of Arimathea was referred to by the Romans as 'Nobilis Decurio' or Minister of Mines to the Roman Government.

Which all lead us to the legends around Glastonbury England after Jesus's Crucifixion.

Speculation of course.

Yes of course its speculation but something I find rather strange. Someone who was and still is so important just seems to disappear from Scriptures.
We know through Archeology that the Roman's were in India so it's not impossible that Jesus also visited. Who knows........