Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 29-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
That sounds great. What kind of soup are you making?

Well I have ordered a bunch of canned soup.

The ingredients are clean. Once I get going I can think about making my own soup.

But, they are things like tomato and lentil, carrot and corriander, butternut squash. Baxters Healthy range!
Old 29-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
Well I have ordered a bunch of canned soup.

The ingredients are clean. Once I get going I can think about making my own soup.

But, they are things like tomato and lentil, carrot and corriander, butternut squash. Baxters Healthy range!

All sound like good choices especially carrot and coriander. That sounds delicious.
Old 30-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Burntfruit

Thanks it saves hassle.

Before, I was a junk food vegan. I would often have chips, and fry things. I even had a deep fat fryer. This time I want to follow John McDougall more closely. He advises heavy on starch. He also says no oil, but I am going to use coconut oil. I think it has health benefits.

I bought a book - vegan Indian Kitchen. I am going to try and learn to cook some decent curries. I want it to be tasty. :)

(My goal is to lose weight initially - after that I would probably chill out more)

Last edited by Burntfruit : 30-12-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 30-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Ascender
Before, I was a junk food vegan. I would often have chips, and fry things. I even had a deep fat fryer.

I guess you learned from your mistakes I remember when I switched over. I made a similar mistake. Since then, I still have junk food once and a while but now I have established different habits I don't have cravings very often. You'll probably notice your pallet change in time. In time you'll fin junk foods will just seem like too much.

This time I want to follow John McDougall more closely. He advises heavy on starch. He also says no oil, but I am going to use coconut oil. I think it has health benefits.

John McDougall is one of my favorites. That's a good idea you're taking his ideas and making your own variations on them. Among many vegans I often hear them talking about the high-carb low-fat diet.

I bought a book - vegan Indian Kitchen. I am going to try and learn to cook some decent curries. I want it to be tasty. :)

Sounds like you have the makings of a great plan! You have your breakfast, lunch and supper covered, and an experts guidelines. There is this YouTube channel I like to watch for encouragement https://www.youtube.com/user/HappyHealthyVegan

Old 30-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Burntfruit

Oh the good side I used to follow Isa Chandra, and would make cup cakes. She is very relaxed - I like her style. But yeah first I want to get healthy again.

Thanks for your input Flexi-Girl.