Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 31-08-2013, 03:47 AM
Russell

First, I agree with what others have offered, like counting your blessings. Gratitude for the crumb guarantees the loaf.

One way that I use to deal with negative thoughts is to redirect my attention.

Negative thoughts are often very forceful and very demanding, but that only means that they have been fed a lot of energy. I have been taught not to battle with them or to try to suppress them. But when I accept their right of expression, I find I have more control over them. Many times I speak directly to those thoughts and say, “I accept your right of expression. I am responsible for you for I, in a moment of ignorance, created you. But your services are not needed at this time.” And then I redirect my attention to positive affirmations.

While accepting their right of expression, it is very important not to identify with those thoughts. Many people often believe that they are the thoughts that register in their consciousness, but many, many religions have taught that we are not our thoughts for we are that which moves the thought.

One of the affirmations that I use is “Thank you God I’m moving in your divine flow.” Another that I use very often is “Thank you God I am at peace.”

Once you begin to make daily effort to flood your consciousness with positive and uplifting affirmations, you will have some very interesting experiences.

Sorry to hear about your car. I used to drive a bit of a clunker myself. But I am confident that if you go to work inside and outside, brighter days will soon dawn for you.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshade
Hi there,

I've been struggling with affirmations in some fundamental ways.
I want to affirm positive, empowering beliefs, but I have some very reactive, fear based attitudes that come up when things aren't going well.

For example, I've been having problems with my car for 2 years, and stuff just keeps happening. I don't want to go through the hassle of buying an new one, and can't afford the monthly payment (another disempowering affirmation?), and so I'm using the car as an experiment in affirmations. The thing is, how do change my beliefs surrounding the reliability of my car when deep down I believe it will keep breaking down or costing me money in repairs because that is what has been happening for so long? It really has been one problem to the next, with a new one popping up as soon as I fix the last one.

It is grinding on my soul to keep struggling with such silly things, and I want to figure out how to truly change my attitudes when everything points toward more problems, more struggles.

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated!

<3

I have a method I learned from a spiritual friend that I will share with you. I have used it many times in one bad night. Fortunately it has help me to not need it very often now.

"Extend your hands, palms up, in front of you. Enough to see them, but not enough to stretch the muscles. Mentally acknowledge all your anxieties, fears, depression and any other negative feelings you are experiencing at the moment, now visually place all these negative feelings in your left hand. In your right hand visually place Love.

Then, say to yourself, "I know that I am feeling fear, and I will not ignore it, instead, I will replace fear with Love. I have free choice. I can choose what I want to feel and I choose Love." Look at your right hand where you have visually placed Love and repeat: "I choose Love, I choose Love, I choose Love." By repeating this action over and over, you will feel the fear diminish, and the Love begin to return to you. If you are with someone you can do the whole thing in your mind. This is another form of affirmation and will work better the more you use it."
Old 12-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Experiencer
Hi Starshade,

Whenever you notice yourself thinking negatively about your car, say out loud the complete opposite...even if you don't currently believe it's true. The LOA is amazing and by you saying, "I love my car! It runs like a beauty." (instead of thinking you hate your car because it keeps breaking down, which are totally legitimate feelings BTW) may lead to all sorts of positive situations: Maybe you will run into extra money and be able to fix your car? Maybe you will get a new job and be able to pay the payments for a new car? Maybe someone will give you a car and you won't have to worry about the hassle of buying a new one? You never know--the possibilities are endless!

Try to think positive! I know it's hard but things will turn up soon! (<--Don't you just love when people say that to you when you're struggling with positive thinking? Lol. I did/do.)

BEST WISHES!! :)
Old 12-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticAthlete
Hi Starshade,

Whenever you notice yourself thinking negatively about your car, say out loud the complete opposite...even if you don't currently believe it's true. The LOA is amazing and by you saying, "I love my car! It runs like a beauty." (instead of thinking you hate your car because it keeps breaking down, which are totally legitimate feelings BTW) may lead to all sorts of positive situations: Maybe you will run into extra money and be able to fix your car? Maybe you will get a new job and be able to pay the payments for a new car? Maybe someone will give you a car and you won't have to worry about the hassle of buying a new one? You never know--the possibilities are endless!

Try to think positive! I know it's hard but things will turn up soon! (<--Don't you just love when people say that to you when you're struggling with positive thinking? Lol. I did/do.)

BEST WISHES!! :)

The exercise is not so much about a car or any material object. It is mainly about trading negative thoughts for positive one. It will reduce worry and anxiety. When that happens thinking is clearer to solve problems.

Love
Old 13-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekatt
The exercise is not so much about a car or any material object. It is mainly about trading negative thoughts for positive one. It will reduce worry and anxiety. When that happens thinking is clearer to solve problems.

Love

Doesn't sound like an "exercise" to me... The issues with her car are bringing about negative thoughts so that's why I said what I said in my original. Granted, it could be any issue that brings about negative thoughts and anxiety--saying or thinking the complete opposite of your negative thoughts is the best way to combat negative thinking. Just so happens the current issue revolves around something material; her car.
Old 17-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Master
How to change obsessive, deeply ingrained negative beliefs?

Please bear with the length of my answer to your excellent question.

You do NOT need to change obsessive, deeply ingrained negative beliefs...AT ALL ! Why ?

Because trying to change obsessive, deeply ingrained negative beliefs is like wasting time and effort trying to MAKE 2+2=5...

....instead of recognizing and applying the immutable Truth that 2+2 will always be, has always been, and always is...4.

There's no need to try to change what can NEVER be true. You only need to apply what ALWAYS IS true.

It's really as simple as 2+2=4. How ? Think about it.

2+2=4, whether you sum the equation correctly or not !!

Don't believe me? Try MAKING 2+2=5. It doesn't work does it? We cannot even MAKE 2+2=4, either. WHY ??

Because neither Truth nor Perfection can change or BE changed !

We are absolutely free to choose to believe that 2+2=5 for as long as we want. We may (or may not) recognize that we have MADE A MISTAKE, in perception or conduct, certainly. Regardless, the consequences of INCORRECTLY applying the PERFECT principles governing this mathematics equation are inescapable....but correctable. It is only when the correct perception IS CORRECTLY APPLIED, that the resultant "answer" enables us to declare the truth of that experience to ourselves. The consequences of CORRECTLY applying the principles of mathematics (or those governing our own Being) are ALSO inescapable, to our eternal good.

THIS is the operative principle behind "Ye shall reap what you sow".....for good or ill.

As a matter of Truth, the ONLY way you'd know if you have made a mistake in perception or operation is BECAUSE the principles of Life operate perfectly, without the slightest deviation, variation, or attenuation at ANY time or in ANY place for ANYBODY! Otherwise, you would not know what electricity perfectly does FOR you when you utilize it correctly. Or you wouldn't know what electricity perfectly does TO you when operated incorrectly, either.

If you consider this carefully, what is referred to as, goodness including love, patience, kindness, self-control, faithfulness and gentleness", is analogous to what the immutable principle of electricity does FOR you when operated consistent with its purpose. Conversely, what is referred to as "The acts of our brokenness, hatred, discord, sexual immorality, dissensions, greed, laziness, hatred, jealousy, fits of rage, drunkenness, envy, selfish ambition and the like....." are analogous to what the immutable principle of electricity does TO you when it is operated incorrectly, and is....

.....the perfect, unavoidable consequence of having chosen to perceive and act AS IF the immutable Principles by which we were created could be used inconsistently with their perfect, original purpose.

This is about G I G O.....

Garbage in, garbage out....perfectly !!

Perfect input, perfect output....perfectly !!

NOT BECAUSE there is inherent EVIL in US!

NOT BECAUSE there is inherent EVIL in God's Creation.

NOT BECAUSE we are flawed or "born in sin and full of sin".

It is because the infinite SYSTEM of which we are an inseparable part operates flawlessly and impartially....created by the same Source Who created perfect principles of Life, such as mathematics which operate undeviatingly to create ONLY 4 as the answer to 2+2.

The gift in BEING FREE to make mistakes (in other words, to be wrong) is precisely so that you can LEARN HOW TO CORRECT THEM....not in being penalized (hell) for making mistakes. This is how we learn to manifest 4 by adding 2 plus 2, and by recognizing that 4 is the correct solution in EVERY instance.

When you realize that you have made a mistake in a mathematical operation, you correct the mistake, right?

We are no more obligated to beat ourselves up for making mistakes than we are required to keep making the same mistake over and over again. After the mistake is corrected and the answer is revealed, we must acknowledge to ourselves that this is so and then, go on to the next problem in our perception that needs correction.

Moreover, we are no more required to keep making the same mistake (sin) over and over again than we are obligated to REMAIN unaware of the correct answer (the Truth about ourselves) for ever and ever !!

We can choose to believe that 2+2=5 for eternity until we have acquired FOR OURSELVES the necessary knowledge of the immutable principle that correctly sums the answer. But understand: even AFTER we have acquired the correct knowledge, using it INCORRECTLY will not change the correct answer (Truth !) one whit !

Why ? I think you NOW know the reason why, don't you ?

Please understand that I am only using this mathematical example as a metaphor for THAT which is not only real, but is also true, and which ALSO cannot change.

Truth CANNOT change. ONLY our perception and APPLICATION of it can.....change or be changed.

As author Baird Spalding says in the reference, ”Becoming aware of yourself as a spiritual being, offspring of an infinite spiritual system and one with all the powers and capacities within that system, is the very essence of attainment. To grow from the present state of awareness of himself as a material being and into the consciousness that he is a spiritual being contains the full secret of man's attainment.' Man's nature cannot be reversed for he always remains a spiritual being. He can only reverse his notion of himself. Instead of doing this, he should reverse his mistaken idea that he is a material being and retain the truth that he is a spiritual being created in the image and likeness of God."

WE ARE PERFECT EVEN AS OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN IS PERFECT......

.....because the Creator created US and ALL the principles of Life out of His Own perfect, Divine pattern.

......whether you know that this is so, whether you do not believe this is so, or whether you are ignorant that this is so.

….and as also indicated in the reference, "Perfection does not come from projecting our own ideas but from awakening to the knowledge that it is already the established order of things."

That is the lesson we can learn from Adam and Eve….

I AM THAT I AM AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO OTHER.

2+2=4 and beside 4 there is no other answer.

Perfection, Itself created US perfectly.....though most of us have yet to appreciate the awesome majesty of our created state. But we are learning.....

Our Creator did not create human beings as Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Catholics, saved, unsaved, believers, infidels, "untouchable" dalits, light-skinned, dark-skinned, or any religious faiths we associate with these or any other names (whether I've named them here or not!). We are Who the Creator is in Spirit....not subservient adherents to whatever religion or philosophy we profess to include ourselves or exclude one another from or fight over. These names, believed and acted upon as if relevant, only serve to hide the FACT that the Creator made ALL OF US of His Spirit and AS His Image.

Our Father also created Jesus just as He created us...the exact Spirit and Likeness of Himself. Jesus' message and reason for coming to this earthly dimension was to show us, in as stark, as uncompromising, and as definitive a manner as possible, that we are as He is, which is as our Creator endowed us all to be, and that is as immortal, Spiritual beings who are the Spirit and Image of our Creator. We are NOT physical beings. We are Spiritual Beings like He is! Believing or acting as if we are physical, dying, imperfect Beings instead of the perfect, immortal, Spiritual beings we were created to be, and ARE....is like erroneously accepting that 2+2 CAN be 4 and also 5.

There is an inescapable consequence to this perception, which is, simply, that you remain in error (in ignorance) of the truth, until you realize it AND act accordingly with it. As soon as we correct the error, that act ERASES the effect of the ignorance immediately so that we SEE and EXPERIENCE for ourselves the FACT which has been perfectly and ALWAYS true even BEFORE we were aware of our error. We see that the correct answer NEVER CHANGED AT ALL......nor, in all Reality, have we! Do you see?

Is it not obvious that whether you KNOW or DO NOT KNOW that you are in error, and continue to proceed erroneously, anyway, that the correct answer (Truth) is not in the slightest bit affected?

A lie (false perception) believed CAN NEVER be the Truth !! Ask Adam and Eve if a false perception believed could ever be the Truth.

But the ADVERSE EFFECT upon your perception of Truth remains, doesn't it? The correct answer CAN NEVER come out of erroneous perception or operation.

ONLY CORRECTING THE ERROR IN PERCEPTION AND APPLICATION CAN DO THIS !!

G I G O.....perfectly !!

Ignorance of the unchangeable Truth of ourselves (that we are perfectly created) is the cause of sin, PRECISELY like ignorance of the perfect operation of a mathematical equation ALWAYS and INVARIABLY produces incorrect results. The solution can only be experienced when we recognize AND apply the Truth to ourselves or to the equation.

And the CORRECT APPLICATION of the unchangeable Truth of ourselves (that we are perfectly created) results in a LIFE LIVED ABUNDANTLY...PRECISELY like the correct application of the perfect operation of a mathematical equation ALWAYS and INVARIABLY produces CORRECT results. The solution can only be experienced when we recognize AND apply the Truth to ourselves (just as in an equation).

We do NOT need to change obsessive, deeply ingrained negative beliefs.

We only need to change our focus to the perfection that ALREADY, ALWAYS is.

Experiencing our perfection is ALWAYS....perfectly what we CHOOSE...whether out of ignorance....or out of correct understanding.

Can there be ANYTHING more obvious than that we are best served when we work with the UN-changing Truth of our Being, not with EVER-changing beliefs about who we think we are?

I'd say that's a pretty good way to learn about the wonder of our Selves and especially about the Giver of such a gift as the capability to make mistakes. Through such a gift, you realize how serious our Creator is to have us freely discover the Absolute Truth about ourselves, FOR ourselves....Don't you ?

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
- Dr Wayne Dyer

Do you see ?

THAT is the G I F T...

Hope this helps....

Source: Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East Volumes 1 - 6 by Baird T. Spalding...

Last edited by guthrio : 17-09-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 18-09-2013, 05:15 AM
aryannatimothy

Do not worry further. Worrying can only add fuel to your problems. Instead, focus on the good- the good things around you and be positive all the time. It may be hard to achieve at first but eventually you can overcome your negative thoughts. Also, surround yourself with people who cares and loves you. They may be able to help you or at least support you from what you've been going through.
Old 18-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticAthlete
Doesn't sound like an "exercise" to me... The issues with her car are bringing about negative thoughts so that's why I said what I said in my original. Granted, it could be any issue that brings about negative thoughts and anxiety--saying or thinking the complete opposite of your negative thoughts is the best way to combat negative thinking. Just so happens the current issue revolves around something material; her car.

It is a form of affirmation, and it has worked for me.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 PM
CathyC

What I do is find where I feel the feeling in my body. The feeling is only energy. It is not you. It is not me. I focus on the feeling and then begin talking to it. I tell it "Thank you" for letting me know I'm afraid. I appreciate the message and now have the information. I tell the feeling it can leave now. I then take a deep breath and see myself blowing the feeling out of my body. This is what I teach my clients, also. It's rather amazing.

When you're not in fear you can make better decision. Fear literally shrinks the brain an prevents you from being able to see the various options available to you.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 AM
livingkarma

Since you have the awareness of the problem, next step is accepting what is by changing the behavior associated w/it - getting out of the rut/removing one's self from a vicious cycle ...
Regarding your example, its best to accept that your car is going to break down - it's a bummer but it has been proven many times to be unreliable ...
Since you have your reasons for continuing to use it, it would cause less grief or negative thoughts - make life easier to deal with by simply making a back back up plan for future use whenever it happens = positive action ...

Last edited by livingkarma : 02-10-2013 at 04:49 AM.