Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 17-07-2013, 03:18 AM
Starshade

How to change obsessive, deeply ingrained negative beliefs?

Hi there,

I've been struggling with affirmations in some fundamental ways.
I want to affirm positive, empowering beliefs, but I have some very reactive, fear based attitudes that come up when things aren't going well.

For example, I've been having problems with my car for 2 years, and stuff just keeps happening. I don't want to go through the hassle of buying an new one, and can't afford the monthly payment (another disempowering affirmation?), and so I'm using the car as an experiment in affirmations. The thing is, how do change my beliefs surrounding the reliability of my car when deep down I believe it will keep breaking down or costing me money in repairs because that is what has been happening for so long? It really has been one problem to the next, with a new one popping up as soon as I fix the last one.

It is grinding on my soul to keep struggling with such silly things, and I want to figure out how to truly change my attitudes when everything points toward more problems, more struggles.

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated!

<3
Old 17-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshade
Hi there,

I've been struggling with affirmations in some fundamental ways.
I want to affirm positive, empowering beliefs, but I have some very reactive, fear based attitudes that come up when things aren't going well.

For example, I've been having problems with my car for 2 years, and stuff just keeps happening. I don't want to go through the hassle of buying an new one, and can't afford the monthly payment (another disempowering affirmation?), and so I'm using the car as an experiment in affirmations. The thing is, how do change my beliefs surrounding the reliability of my car when deep down I believe it will keep breaking down or costing me money in repairs because that is what has been happening for so long? It really has been one problem to the next, with a new one popping up as soon as I fix the last one.

It is grinding on my soul to keep struggling with such silly things, and I want to figure out how to truly change my attitudes when everything points toward more problems, more struggles.

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated!

<3

There comes a time when the cost of maintaining a car becomes greater than the cost of repayments.
Old 17-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Master
May I suggest utubing Abraham Hicks? Awesome advice on manifesting.

I could tell you the car is only mirroring your beliefs and breaking down because you believe it will, but that's not very helpful. Abraham Hicks explains the step by step of how we manifest things that aren't as we want them (breaking down cars) and explain how to manifest the things we do want. I can't type enough to make it all makes sense.
Old 17-07-2013, 04:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
May I suggest utubing Abraham Hicks? Awesome advice on manifesting.

I could tell you the car is only mirroring your beliefs and breaking down because you believe it will, but that's not very helpful. Abraham Hicks explains the step by step of how we manifest things that aren't as we want them (breaking down cars) and explain how to manifest the things we do want. I can't type enough to make it all makes sense.

Maybe the car is old and worn out.
Old 19-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Master
I know that this probably doesn't sound very helpful, but maybe it broke down because you weren't supposed to be somewhere. Don't loose faith. It sounds to me your continual problems with it have caused you to start looking at things like LOA, and trying to focus your energy. While a broken car sucks, it looks like it is forcing change- which is good. :)
Old 24-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Janeymac

Hi Starshade

You've already been given some good suggestions but one thing that occurred to me was perhaps to consider changing your attitude towards it? I know that might be difficult, but as the law of attraction is supposed to 'begin and end with gratitude' perhaps you could try to adopt some gratitude for this situation giving you an opportunity (as 12meadows already said) to practise LOA? It might take a little practise :) After all, even though I'm sure it's a nuisance, things could be a lot worse!!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Jezebel

I'm stuck in the same negative thought cycle. I'm trying to turn my attention to positive affirmations but then the negative ones kick right back in. It's really tough but keep at it. I will, I believe right now that what we send out comes back to us so if you send out negative thoughts you'll attract those things to happen so lets try to send out positive thoughts.
Old 23-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Perhaps this quote from Creating Money may speak to you:

"By knowing the essence of what you want, you make it possible to get it in many ways. For example, if the essence of what you want from a new car is more reliable transportation, you might be able to find many ways to create that besides buying a new car. If you don't know the essence of what you want, you may buy a new car that is just as unreliable as the one you have.

One woman wanted a new car because the car she had was unreliable, and she was concerned about driving places at night. She didn't dislike her car, or want to spend money on a new one, but she thought the only way to have a reliable car was to get a new one. She got quiet and visualized a car, and magnetized its essence--reliability--to her. Coincidentally her old car stopped having problems! She got a new car several years later, and it was very reliable also. The essence of her request came to her quickly, although not in the way she imagined."

--From Creating Money by Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer.

I realize this doesn't speak to your question about how to escape the negative thought cycle, but perhaps focusing on essence (reliable transportation in this case) may produce results more quickly.

Thought of your post when I read this passage in the book. Good luck.
Old 24-08-2013, 03:20 AM
joyce green

Sit in the car and look at all the things you appreciate about it. It takes you where you need to go, it starts well, you have headlights and wipers, you have a radio, any and all of the above. Just start flowing that to the car the minute you sit in it and with all of the pluses imagine how it is in the manifesting of your future.
Old 24-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12meadows
I know that this probably doesn't sound very helpful, but maybe it breaks down because you weren't supposed to be somewhere. Don't loose faith. It sounds to me your continual problems with it have caused you to start looking at things like LOA, and trying to focus your energy. While a broken car sucks, it looks like it is forcing change- which is good. :)

That's the way I look at it, too.
And as always, true to the saying I've highlighted above,
when it's all good for nothing at the end of a trip
or just simply something I'm trying to do -
things goes wrong for me to begin with.

But definitely, a positive attitude makes any day a better day - regardless of how everything is turning out.
That isn't much for words, but my attitude is always start in simplicity.

Another thing I'd suggest to keep in mind is try and see what you can do yourself with the maintenance of your car - it sure helps to know and get a good idea what's going on and going wrong with it. Look at e-how and DIY maintenance for the model of your car as well as study it's manual.

That will also save you a bit of money. Just make sure you do it right.