Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Jaycee,

1) Get naked and barefoot and run through your neighborhood at 2 AM humming your favorite songs.

2) Have wild hot sweaty monkey sex with your husband until you can't mentally focus on much of anything.

3) Eat some really good expensive chocolate.

4) Run away from home for a week and don't tell anyone where your going.

I know lapis was semi-serious with the above, but funny enough, all of those recommendations would actually work a little bit! lol! Not to mention be loads of fun. Both Lapis and Daisy mentioned to use your guides. Wonderful advice! They are always there to help! I was going to mention it myself, but forgot :)
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 31-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritalk
Opening and closing exercises are important to maintaining balance...of your material life and your spirit life. The third eye is not necessary to the full operation your material world. Close it until you are ready to work with it in spirit contact. Then when you finish, close down. All of this has techniques and methods.

Do not ever pick one chakra (third eye) over others for closing. All need to be opened and shut effectively for the full balanced operation of your life. You do not need spirit input during material pursuits (job, family, relationships, etc.)

God bless, J

Normally I don't comment when people mention unorthidox methods or suggestions when healing as long as they are harmless. However, I dont mean to be rude (I sound like Simon Cowell here) but I would not recommend the above. Speaking as a professional healer for the last 10 years I would strongly discourage anyone from closing their chakra's at any time for any reason. Doing this will cause harm to you and is really quite careless information. Hopefully the other statements will be equally spotted as unwise, as well.

Spiritalk, I know the above may be offensive to you and if so I am sorry, but you may want to check into what you are saying or re-word what you have said. I felt it necessary that those who read this thread have the oportunity to at least read my post and procede with extreme caution before they attempt such advice. I ask you sincerely, Where did you learn this information?

Please understand that my intentions are to prevent harm by misunderstanding, not to pick a fight.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 31-01-2007, 03:18 AM
deltawaves

Well said Lapis, Good One!!!!
Old 31-01-2007, 10:30 AM
~Jay~

To be honest, the idea of doing number 4 on Lapis' list sounds the most enticing at the moment, LOL!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:07 AM
rose

hey that triggered a long time thought. sometimes when we are in places that you don't feel alone...when you feel there are other presences in the room...does anyone worry about having sex in front of them?!!!!

i mean i know others have probably thought of this too. am i being paranoid?

wild monkey sex when there are other monkeys in the room....could it become a multi dimensional orgy?

i know what many of you will say but i had to ask anyway :)
Old 01-02-2007, 08:11 PM
~Jay~

Lol rose! Trust you...

I have pondered this too, and tend to think that 'they' are so used to this type of behaviour from us that it really is a non-issue. It is completely natural, after all.

I went through a slight phase of being embarrased to go to the loo when I was told my grandad in spirit was with me all the time as a guide - but soon got over that one! LOL!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Deactivated Account
imo they don't view us as sexual beings once they cross, we are spirit within matter, they are spirit without matter if that makes sense and if they inadvertantley interrupted i'm sure they'd leave, but i also believe they know our thoughts anyway and thus wouldn't 'walk in' on us.
Old 20-02-2007, 07:34 PM
spiritalk

Chadley: No offence taken! We all have our methods and technique that work for our own use. The amount of knowledge on this thread is limited at best and downright nonsense at worst.

The chakras are energy centres that are in use on the spirit level of the human being. The opening and closing as a visual technique puts the medium in charge of their own activities and abilities. Remaining open as you suggested (I presume) is downright out of context with spirit approach.

When we work with the spirit realms it is on our spirit...which is a finer vibration and not usually open during the material (a gross vibration) activities as it would be bombarded with all sorts of discordant energies. If you do not work that way, that is fine with me. Teaching others that opening and closing in any effort is downright irresponsible. In my opinion, of course, and without prejudice.

God bless, J
Old 20-02-2007, 07:50 PM
kundalini

Hi spiritalk,

I would just like to make a comment here. When a person closes down their chakras or attempts to close down their chakras, they are actually cutting themselves off from their lifeforce. Another way of saying this could be that they are actually limiting their self-awareness which of course is the awareness of everything as self is but an extension of the whole.

So, when a person does close down their chakras, what would their reasons be for doing this? Well, the primary reason would be that they are scared of being aware of something and so shut down that part of their awareness or lifeforce.

For a while, I too followed a system of opening-and-closing the chakras and yet all throughout that time, my rational thinking could not quite explain what was fundamentally wrong with this until I realised that I was only limiting myself by opening and closing them.

It is a feeling of wanting to be in control that one 'opens' and 'closes' chakras. Chakras are always open until we limit ourselves, consciously or subconsciously and close them.

My advice would be to keep the chakras fully open and balanced in order to receive the divine amount of lifeforce available to yourself. Closing them is only limiting yourSelf.

Kundalini.
Old 21-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritalk

Remaining open as you suggested (I presume) is downright out of context with spirit approach.

Spiritalk, I thank you for your reply,

Again, the below seems very confrontational. However, it is not intended to do any other thing than prevent further misinformation. This is my true concern and why I am so agressive in this post. Please understand.

I would love to know where you got this information and how you derive it. The above statement of yours is again, simply not acurate. I am all for people discovering different variations to accomplish the same thing. I only take exception when the advice will cause harm, which yours will if followed. Before you assume anything that I say is downright out of context with a spiritual approach, I would encourage you to read the below link.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2325

My approach is with spirit only. If you read the below link, you will see that I do not make statements that I cannot support. I am hopefull you will support yours. Perhaps I simply just misunderstand you, but your statements demonstrate that you have a very limited understanding of the human energy system. There is no crime in that, of course, in less you start to claim that you do, which you have.

If you do not know, I can see the entire human energy field and can actually watch its function. With this ability, by observation, I can tell you your statement "When we work with the spirit realms it is on our spirit...which is a finer vibration and not usually open during the material (a gross vibration) activities as it would be bombarded with all sorts of discordant energies" is simply not true. You are right in saying that the spirit is of higher vibration, of course, but our energy system is not altered in such a way by material activities.

Your statement, "as it would be bombarded with all sorts of discordant energies" again shows limited understanding of how the human energy system works. Preventing discordant energies does not come by closing the chakras. This does not provide protection but rather makes you more susceptible to discordant energies. It lowers the vibration of the field which is need to deflect such energy. If you would like, I can provide much greater detail, but I would first hope that you would read the above link to save time.

I very much appreciate the fact that you did not in any way over react to my last post, if only all on this site possessed such a cool state during confrontation, so much more could be learned from all. I hope this continues as a result of this one, as well.

Sincerely,

Chadley.
Closed Thread